Suggestion on Rig and Graphic card, buying on saturday

terrifficm

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Downloading(system runs the whole day ), Playing skyrim, battlefield, Dead Space 3, GTA 5 and all the upcoming games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 45K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No and Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:80 gb, for now, will upgrade later, will be buying soon

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Dell ST2220M, 1920 * 1080, will be purchasing it.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard, UPS, optical drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:under 1 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi...Nehru Place is the way to go :D

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Well thanks to all who have helped others already, in a way they have helped in choosing some of the components for the build. Here is what i have thought

CPU: Intel I5 3470
Mob: Gigabyte H77-D3H
RAM: 4GB 1600 MHZ Corsair Vengeance
Moni: ST2220M Dell
PSU: Gigabyte E620 600W 80+
Cabi: Cooler Master 430
HD : 80 GB Sata 7200 RPM
Key: Local
Graphic Card: 7870HD or 7950HD or GT660 TI though i'm inclinesd towards 7870 (which shop to buy from in Nehru place should be trustable)

I'm on strict budget, Please suggest a good graphic card with this config also can anybody help me with the ongoing rates of the hardware?

Also any changes in the above are welcome.

Thanks in advance for helping me out

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Could you post prices of those components that you are getting ???

it would be easier to see for a cheaper alternative if available....

btw a b75 mobo would do good enough for you....

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
Could you post prices of those components that you are getting ???

it would be easier to see for a cheaper alternative if available....

btw a b75 mobo would do good enough for you....

Thanks for the reply, but i think i forgot to mention in the main post budget can extend till 50K.

Also, does B75 support SSD and AMD XFire tech?

draco21

not really...

for xfire, Asus p8h77 pro

Has 2*Pcie slots one in x16 and other in x8

for cabby try crosair 300r or 400r .....
rest your config looks very nice but get the 660ti card....

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Do not do that..

You shouldnt be asking for the price of any components no matter what.. Do not betray the cyclone :(

I was asking so that I can decide what to recommend to him. 7870 or 660ti. :)
My Cyclone is more than enough for me right now, working fine and pure awesomeness while gaming. Won't betray it in many years to come. :)

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I was asking so that I can decide what to recommend to him. 7870 or 660ti. :)
My Cyclone is more than enough for me right now, working fine and pure awesomeness while gaming. Won't betray it in many years to come. :)
:)

To my knowledge 660Ti is priced a tad higher to 7870 and in comparison, I might recommend 7870 and yeah i possess one myself :)

draco21

Actually 660ti performs better than 7870.
It is only behind 7950 by a little....

it costs around 20k

Cilus

laborare est orare
In Kolkata, HD 7950 Vapor-X Edition OC with Boost is available around 21.3K and it is now good amount of faster than GTX 660 Ti after the latest 13.2 Beta 5 Driver release, especially when high AA and AF are being used.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
In Kolkata, HD 7950 Vapor-X Edition OC with Boost is available around 21.3K and it is now good amount of faster than GTX 660 Ti after the latest 13.2 Beta 5 Driver release, especially when high AA and AF are being used.

I'm myself thinking of going for 7970HD and keeping the rest config as it is, since i'm getting it for 21k on MD computers that too the Vapour OC version. it will also keep the config future proof.

Can anybody here suggest a good and reliable shop in Nehru place from where to buy the Graphic card and all other components?

It is really great to see people brain storming and helping you out.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In

@Cilus: How is the config with AMD FX8350, also how energy efficient is it, i'm also considering AMD config but not sure of its energy efficiency and need some first hands reviews for the same. Also i'll be downloading a lot so would it be feasible to go for the AMD rig. Does AMD processor requires any extra cooling?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
GTX 660TI would cost around 20K

7870 would be 17K

7970 would be 23k

I'm myself thinking of going for 7970HD and keeping the rest config as it is, since i'm getting it for 21k on MD computers that too the Vapour OC version. it will also keep the config future proof.

Can anybody here suggest a good and reliable shop in Nehru place from where to buy the Graphic card and all other components?

Get your numbers right now itself, so you dont end up making a mistake while buying.

I think what you mean here is 7950 retailing for around 22k. The 21k price tag at MDComp might not include the tax.

gameranand

Living to Play

It is really great to see people brain storming and helping you out.

SMC International.

Get your numbers right now itself, so you dont end up making a mistake while buying.

I think what you mean here is 7950 retailing for around 22k. The 21k price tag at MDComp might not include the tax.

Yup he looks confused. I think he is talking about 7950 not 7970 because 7970 is available everywhere above 27K as for now AFAIK.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
This is how my final build is:-

CPU: Intel I5 3470
Mob: Gigabyte B75M
RAM: 4GB 1600 MHZ Corsair Vengeance
Moni: S2240L Dell
PSU: Gigabyte E620 600W 80+
Cabi: NZXT Gamma classic
HD : 80 GB Sata 7200 RPM
Key: Local

I have finally decided to go for 7950HD with this build. I'll be ordering it this month.

Can anybody help me on whether the PSU Gigabyte E620 600W 80+ would work well with the overall setup or i would need to change. Though i have already bought it.

Please help i'm very confused/Worried on this.

Top Bottom