Suggestion on PC components.

iWOOFER

Broken In
Suggestion for PC components.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Blender3d , Solidworks , Cinema4d, Fl Studio 12, Native Instrument. Games: Bf 4, Farcry 4. (occasional gaming)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 55k (+2k)
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7/8.1 and Linux.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes I want to buy.1080p. 22inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard, SMPS(TX 650m) .HDD (500GB), DVD drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Buying from Chandnichok,kolkata.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Suggest me Intel and Nvidia only.

And This is what I want to buy-

Monitor- Dell 2240l
Cabinet - Corsair 200r (I need a simple case like this one)
Mouse - Cant decide
Cpu - Intel core i5 4670
Mobo - ASUS H97m-e
Gpu - Msi 750ti OC twin frozr
Ram - Kingston 4GB hyperx fury 1866 X 2 or Single 8GB
or Corsair 4GB 1600 x 2

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
Blender3d , Solidworks , Cinema4d, Fl Studio 12, Native Instrument. Games: Bf 4, Farcry 4. (occasional gaming)

These things require considarable amount of space, I'd highly recommend a 1 TB Drive.
Rest of your specs look good.

Go for Microsoft KB Mouse Combo, simple and durable.
PSU Antec VP500 is good i guess.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
If you're not going to overclock, go for a B85 chipset mobo and save around 3k. That money can be spent on a larger hard drive / SSD / faster cpu (look for a Xeon E3 1246 v3 or E3 1241 v3 depending on whether you need the iGPU), which will be more noticeable upgrades. Also, for the RAM, go for a single 8GB stick and save an extra slot for future upgrades. Dual Channel memory has no real impact on real world usage.

OP
iWOOFER

iWOOFER

Broken In
If you're not going to overclock, go for a B85 chipset mobo and save around 3k. That money can be spent on a larger hard drive / SSD / faster cpu (look for a Xeon E3 1246 v3 or E3 1241 v3 depending on whether you need the iGPU), which will be more noticeable upgrades. Also, for the RAM, go for a single 8GB stick and save an extra slot for future upgrades. Dual Channel memory has no real impact on real world usage.
Yes.I will go for the single 8GB ram stick.I have plan of upgrading to a 5th gen cpu later.This is why I need h97.
And iGpu is also needed.Im not in a hurry adding HDD,SSD,because all those software I mentioned earlier,not going to use simultaneously,but I'll use them.My current pc is dead.I just want to resume my work now with the old 500gb hdd.
It has sata 3gbps connector,but the mobo has no 3gps connector,it has 6bps connector.Is this a problem?

bikramjitkar

In the zone
There's going to be hardly any performance gains in 5th Gen(Broadwell) cpu's over 4th Gen (Haswell). It's just a die shrink meaning slightly lower power consumption. No point upgrading to that if you're buying a new Haswell cpu now. And, knowing Intel, they'll have an entirely new socket for the 6th gen (new architecture) so your h97 board will also be obsolete by then.

Your old HDD will work with the 6 gbps connector.

OP
iWOOFER

iWOOFER

Broken In
OK.Then please suggest some great b85 board,except GIGABYTE.I have to change the ram then,hyperx fury 1866 doesnt support b85.
Suggest some board which has nice look.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Well, I have been running a Gigabyte B75 board for 2 years now with no issues. Anyway, you can check this out : *mdcomputers.in/products/motherboard/msi-motherboard-b85-g41-pc-mate.html

I cannot recommend any ASUS boards since I've had nothing but bad experiences with them.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
^That seems to have more features but will likely cost as much as the h97 board. B-series is meant as a stable, cost-effective platform.

Top Bottom