Suggestion Needed for High-End PC @150K

ankush28

Bazinga
Everyone here is an AMD fanboy.
Thats the reason

You told about nVidia few months ago when 7xx series was launched amd everyone here was suggesting the same...
same for amd processors before haswell release...
next time think before posting...
R9 290X performes almost equal like 780 but cheaper so all recommended it...
760ti X 2 SLI would be better then R9 290X and equal to 780ti

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Single card is better than sli. For 1080p gaming, these cards are overkill. It doesn't matter if op gets 760x sli or 290x or 780Ti.

I would like to see a custom cooled 290x. The current sapphire 290x based on reference design is not recommended

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
You told about nVidia few months ago when 7xx series was launched amd everyone here was suggesting the same...
same for amd processors before haswell release...
next time think before posting...
R9 290X performes almost equal like 780 but cheaper so all recommended it...
760ti X 2 SLI would be better then R9 290X and equal to 780ti

You are lying :twisted:
R9 290X Spanks gtx 780 in the ass
r9 290 is a competitor for gtx 780

And if you are planning to get the r9 290x,Wait for discrete coolers to appear ffs

Single card is better than sli. For 1080p gaming, these cards are overkill. It doesn't matter if op gets 760x sli or 290x or 780Ti.

I would like to see a custom cooled 290x. The current sapphire 290x based on reference design is not recommended

Nothing is ever overkill
you dont know when them 1440p monitors will drop their price(say in 2 years)

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think ankush28 was talking about 780 Ti, not the 780. And you shouldn't buy a card now by thinking of the chance of getting a XHD display after 2 years down the line, right?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I think ankush28 was talking about 780 Ti, not the 780. And you shouldn't buy a card now by thinking of the chance of getting a XHD display after 2 years down the line, right?

what is the term for these 1440p/1600p displays? you call it XHD,some others call it "2K"? I'm :confused:
and if someone is buying a 40-50k card they expect it to run stuff in high for 3-4 yrs

ASHISH65

Technomancer
If you plan to stick with single 1080p monitor then get single gpu , otherwise gtx 760 sli would be good for dual monitors.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I wanted to point out that GTX 760 is available at around 21K whereas R9 280X is available at 23.5K. Now R9 280X is basically a HD 7970 with 1000 MHz clock speed, only 50 MHz lesser than the 7970 GHz edition. So performance wise it is far better than GTX 760 in all aspect and comparable to GTX 770 Ti (6% to 8% lesser performance at max). So In my opinion, there is no point of getting 760 Ti, an underperforming card, almost at the same price point. The Sapphire DUal Fan R9 280X is already overclocked at 1020MHz and can be easily overclocked to 1050MHz, thereby touching the performance of 7970 GHz edition and narrowing the performance margin with 770 Ti, currently retailing at 31K+ price.

However, I still think R9-290 or 290X is a better choice now.

what is the term for these 1440p/1600p displays? you call it XHD,some others call it "2K"? I'm :confused:
and if someone is buying a 40-50k card they expect it to run stuff in high for 3-4 yrs

2K resolution is a generic term for display devices or content having horizontal resolution on the order of 2000 pixels. And would you please stop providing unrealistic suggestions. Didn't it occur to you that after 3/4 years, games will be more demanding and current cards which can handle games at XHD, probably not able to handle games at the same resolution which will be released after 2/3 years. Try to focus at Op's requirement rather than thinking of some hypothetical cases.

avoid 780Ti stick with R9 290X(any custom cooler version)

what about two 760 ti or 760DC2x2 :D

I would suggest to avoid both and wait for r9 290. The reviews of R9 290X are not so great considering the temps here in india and heard that after the latest beta drivers, the 290 is as good 290X. Or you can go with oced GTX 780 after the price drop (only if its as substantial as in US), since you wanted to record game plays, card with shadow play seems to be a good option.
Though the best card now is R9 290 and to an extent the R9 290X I would however suggest to wait for the dust to settle down before going for any of the new cards.

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I would suggest to avoid both and wait for r9 290. The reviews of R9 290X are not so great considering the temps here in india and heard that after the latest beta drivers, the 290 is as good 290X. Or you can go with oced GTX 780 after the price drop (only if its as substantial as in US), since you wanted to record game plays, card with shadow play seems to be a good option.
Though the best card now is R9 290 and to an extent the R9 290X I would however suggest to wait for the dust to settle down before going for any of the new cards.

OP should wait for discrete coolers to appear
If he plans to play @ 1080p only and does not do a multi-monitor/1440p setup then
GTX 780/R9 290 is more than adequate
Just wait for Sapphire to release TOXIC r9 290
Knowing what they did with the 280x...........

OP
imsidz

imsidz

Life is a GAME, So GameON
@OP; what have you decide?

I am back to TDF ,after so loooong time ..
and still so Same ..
People start fighting among themselves only .
and the buzz starts of Saying one another 'a Fanboy first' WOW .

Anyways ..
this is what i came up with ..

• Intel Core i7 4770k
  • Asus z87 Gryphon
  • G-skill Ripjaws (i guess 16GB will be good for me)
  • Seagate 2TB
  • Samsung 840 Evo 128GB SSD
  • Any Dual Layer DVD Writer (Asus/Samg)
  • BenQ XL2420T 24 inch led @ 22000
  • Corsair H80i @ 8500

GPU . Will wait for the Release of R9290x First , and Decide ,
whether AMD R9290x or , Nvidia 780/Ti (Aur bhi jyada Price Drop hua to achi baat hai xD)

for Cabinet , please Suggest , something from BitFenix , those Colossus ones are awesome and Sexy !

and is there any Possibilities of X79 Setup ?
Just thinking *

and Yolo can't wait to Play BF4 Online
(bf3 was so phaking Epic) :|

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I am back to TDF ,after so loooong time ..
and still so Same ..
People start fighting among themselves only .
and the buzz starts of Saying one another 'a Fanboy first' WOW .

Anyways ..
this is what i came up with ..

• Intel Core i7 4770k
  • Asus z87 Gryphon
  • G-skill Ripjaws (i guess 16GB will be good for me)
  • Seagate 2TB
  • Samsung 840 Evo 128GB SSD
  • Any Dual Layer DVD Writer (Asus/Samg)
  • BenQ XL2420T 24 inch led @ 22000
  • Corsair H80i @ 8500

GPU . Will wait for the Release of R9290x First , and Decide ,
whether AMD R9290x or , Nvidia 780/Ti (Aur bhi jyada Price Drop hua to achi baat hai xD)

for Cabinet , please Suggest , something from BitFenix , those Colossus ones are awesome and Sexy !

and is there any Possibilities of X79 Setup ?
Just thinking *

and Yolo can't wait to Play BF4 Online
(bf3 was so phaking Epic) :|

Cabinets
Corsair 500r 7.1k
CM Storm Trooper 14.6k
CM Storm Enforcer 8.7k

btw you want full tower or mid-tower?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
WD Red is meant to be used in NAS

They can be used in Normal destop,no problems.It consumes less power and stays cooler and better than green one.

Another advantage is best after sale service and it comes with 3 year warranty :)

Whereas seagate comes with 2 yr warranty and Poor A.S.S

Advantage of seagate - it is slight faster.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Everyone here is an AMD fanboy.
Thats the reason

then what should we call you ?? an nvidia fanboy ??think before you comment.
if this rig is for you and if you select 780ti instead of 290/290x ,it is no problem for us. but dont mislead people.for mere 5-6% improvement do you want op to pay 13-14k or so??

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
then what should we call you ?? an nvidia fanboy ??think before you comment.
if this rig is for you and if you select 780ti instead of 290/290x ,it is no problem for us. but dont mislead people.for mere 5-6% improvement do you want op to pay 13-14k or so??

Have i mentioned anything about GTX 780 TI?No :lol:
I am pissed that the fanboyism is so great that people are recommending ref. r9 290x knowing its heating issues
Wait for a non-reference design of r9 290x with a good cooler*sapphire toxic*? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.BUY THAT AS HOT AS MERCURY CARD NAOOO!!!!

And its not like the golden days of 2011 when you could easily use a 95C card and OC the CPU like a boss

Top Bottom