Suggestion for new computer for Visualization and Gaming and Image editing

demonicpriest

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly Virtulization lab build and testing, Some Gaming and some image editing work( plan to get back again into it)

2)Budget 40-50K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I have a monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Case (Corsair 400R), Corsair TX850 (got it from a friend :-D) , HD 7790,HDD, keyboard, mouse, optical drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: dec, mid next week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune .. will visit lamington road

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I dont have a HD monitor and so will not buy a new graphics card right now. ill upgrade to a new graphics card and monitor separetely later... not part of this budget.
I need your opinion on
Processor, Mobo, Ram and CPU cooler.
Processor I would like to get is i7 4770

Please advise and thank you
Regards
Bodhisattwa Jana

ASHISH65

Technomancer
i7 4770 @ 22k

CM hyper 101 @ 1k

Gigabyte H87 -D3H @ 7.5k

Kingston 4gb x 2= 8gb hyper blue 1600mhz @ 4600 (get from flipkart)

Wd Black 1TB @ 6500

Samsung S840 Evo 128gb ssd @ 7.5k

Total @ 49,100

OP
D

demonicpriest

Broken In
Thanks
is the CM hyper 101 good enough for the processor,and I will be using the HDD from my older rig.
I was reading through some of the other threads and wondering would it be beneficial to go for the Asus h87 Pro @ 10K

msaiashwin

Journeyman
The OP has already mentioned that he has a HDD. I would suggest that he saves money and buys a 250/256GB SSD 840 EVO/PRO.. they are slightly faster compared to a 128gb ssd..

i7 4770 (20000)
Asus H87 PRO (10000)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (2500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4600)
Samsung 840 series 250 SSD (12900)

total: 50k

msaiashwin

Journeyman
i7 4770 (20000)
Asus H87 PRO (10000)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (2500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4600)
Samsung 840 series 250 SSD (12900)

total: 50k

Dude the 840 250GB has really slow write speeds because of the TLC NAND and also lower life.. I would suggest 840 pro 256GB @ 15.5k instead which has much better speeds and life because of the MLC NAND..the extra price is really worth it..

OP
D

demonicpriest

Broken In
Thank everyone for the options...
Just a question, when it comes to SSD I am a total noob.
How important is it to a machines performance, my main work will be Virtualization Lab builds and testing, and then some gaming and then slowly get back into image editing work (hobby).
I am not at all that into faster boot/load up time. Will a SSD be a good option for my virtualization work or is it better to invest the money into a overclockable build with a i7 4770K and Z87 Board ( will make this system a bit more future proof), if I overclock it will be only when I require it not because I can do it.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Op when you say gaming,what kind of gaming do you mean?Because if you are a hardcore gamer i would suggest selling the 7790 and buying a better graphics card.
:)

OP
D

demonicpriest

Broken In
@NiGHtfurY
Well most these days I have been playing League of lengends ( getting stable 45 FPs on low settings)
And older games like COD 4, FIFA 12 HAWZ (darn I have not played the new games :cry:).

Dont laugh but my current system is ( bought march 2006 : she has been a absolute performer)
P4 3.06 GHz (HT) ( 32 bit) (VMware doesnt even support it )
Intel G945 Board
RAM DDR2 4 GB
HD7790
1 Tb drive
Orgiginal Cabbie and 450 watt SMPS ( I have not hooked up the 850 TX)
Dell 18.5 inch HD

And that is one reason I know im leaning towards Intel, my PC from 1998 (Pentium I) stills boots my PIII coppermine from 2001 still boots. I know AMD is more vale for money.

the thing is my monitor maxes out at 1366x768 I believe, buying a better card will be useless unless i go for a monitor, So I wan to do that mid 2014 not just now, as the requirement is more immediate towards work.

Top Bottom