hi friends,
planning to buy hd4850 or 9800gt
budget is @ 10k
please suggest some good brand also i had a query of 4850 getting heated

currently using 8600gt
thank you in advance

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
go for HD4850....compared to its performance heating is much less, when compared to its equivalent nVidia crads

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Asssuming you have a decent enough power supply, ati 4850 anyday. Never seen ati over heating more than it should. Its not as if its going to melt or something.

nd4spd

Broken In
i am also looking for a gfx card near 10K
i have short-listed the cards
XFX 8800GT
eVGA 9800GT
eVGA 9800GTX+
Palit HD4850

my motherboard is ASUS A8N-VM-CSM
with nvidia chipset n430
it has a PCI-e slot, but its not PCI-e 2.0
i am wondering whether these cards will be compatible with it or not cause 8800GT is backward compatible.

also my moniter is 17" LG , i have seen that the HD4850 performs better at high resolutions, whether my moniter can display that much resolution?

pls guide
any other suggestions are also welcome.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
all above mentioned cards r backward compatible, so u can use them with ur PCI-e 1.1 mobo. ur monitor can display res. up to 1280x1024 without any problems.

Quad Core

Broken In
my suggestion is 9800 GTX from ZOTAC, it cost u around 10500.. good value for money.. n if ur ready to spend some xtra rs 1000 grab a 9800 GTX+..

"HAPPY GAMING"

nd4spd

Broken In
thanks j1n M@tt

then if i buy HD 4850, is it worth for me to pay extra money for iti over 8800GT.

i both case how much PS will be sufficient for any of them.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@nd4spd

HD4850 is better than 8800GT. 9800GTX may be better, wait for some more opinions. I hav been out of this review business for a while now.

nd4spd

Broken In
@j1n M@tt
i have read all theards related to this topic, and everybody is coming down to HD4850,
are there new cards coming into the market that fits my requirements or budget.
just wanna make sure, that i am buying at the right time.

OP
S

sam1989

Broken In
thank you guyz
but which variant of hd4850 should i go for
palit hd4850
palit hd4850 sonic
palit hd4850 (palit design)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I am using the sonic version of palit 4870 1 GB ddr5. The cooling of the sonic version is worth the extra money. It seems the sonic version are supposed to be complete non reference models- so buying a palit dual sonic version of 4850 is a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom