Suggestion for effective antivirus againts amvo.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Hi,
I reinstalled windows today (clean installation).The devices which get attached to the system over time are USB sticks,Hard drives and USB mobile phones (all infected with amvo).I tried ESET Nod32 but its not able to detect amvo.Normally I have never used antivirus and tried to keep my pc off other's infected cd's and drives.But these days it just cant be done.All of the friends want some thing or the other from my pc be it songs or movies either to their mobiles or harddrives.And I am fed up with reinstalling over and over again.Is there any realtime antivirus solution to stop the amvo thing ?It neednt require to clean the virus ..just should be able to stop the infection to my pc.:)

Thanks.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Here is something you can try : google the name of virus [yes google is god ]
Ok i did that for you AMVO on Google
Also try majorgeeks.com. Very good forum.

OP
I

indian_samosa

No longer here..
^^ Dude I know about google man... :-D But it throws up results about how to remove the virus.Thats not a problem,even this site itself has many tuts on removing it.But what I need is a realtime protection yaar.I just want few names of antivirus which can stop it from infecting my pc.I suppose many of you might be having this problem and thats why I thought perhaps you guys might have a readymade solution for it ;-)

Anyways I ll try majorgeeks....

Thanks though ...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom