Suggest two Android Phones 7-8K and 18-21K

ysmonyog

Journeyman
At present I have GalaxyS I9000. Working perfectly fine. The only cons are "no flash" and "gps not so accurate". So, I am thinking of Galaxy S Plus I9001. Please suggest any better phone.

Regarding phone with in 7-8K, I see only Glaxy Y but I think working on 3" screen will not be so easy. Suggestions please...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
S Plus is just a slightly upgraded version of S. so don't waste money there. instead save a bit and wait. you may get HTC Sensation for 22k soon. currently selling for 24k

aroraanant

Explorer
For the low range I suggest you to get Explorer for 7.5-8k, much better than Galaxy Y.
And in high range you should get Sensation for 23,749 as you already own Galaxy S and its no fun getting S+ now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ don't trust saholic. they don't treat customers properly not sending bill at time. thats why asked him to wait a bit longer. other retailers too should cut price slowly before expiring the mobile.

OP
Y

ysmonyog

Journeyman
Thinking of Explorer @ 9.5k at flipkart.

Budget already extended frm 20k to 21k.
Sensation @24k is not possible as Explorer is already 1.5k more than my budget & I cant wait for price fall.

aroraanant

Explorer
You can get Explorer for 7.5-8k, for 8k it is available on Tradus also. So why spend extra bucks when it is already available at a cheaper price so I guess now you can buy Sensation. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
flipkart is overpriced. even locally explorer has been reported to be available for less than 9k.

avoid Sensation. Wait for some more time. HTC One series is getting launched. though currently the highend (One X) and midrange (One V) mobile is launched. the middle one is missing. i expect it to be priced at 25k but it should be worth the price looking at the specs.

ajaymailed

In the zone
flipkart is overpriced. even locally explorer has been reported to be available for less than 9k.

avoid Sensation. Wait for some more time. HTC One series is getting launched. though currently the highend (One X) and midrange (One V) mobile is launched. the middle one is missing. i expect it to be priced at 25k but it should be worth the price looking at the specs.
what is the Soc of HTC One V. I am guessing its a single core krait with Adreno 305.

It would be One Vs 1 Ghz Single Core Krait Vs Sensations Dual Core 1.2 Ghz Cortex A9 Armv7 Scorpion.

One V also has 5 MP Camera, 512 MB RAM, 3.7 Inch screen compared to 4.3 Inch display, 8 MP and 768 RAM of Sensation.

Thinking of Explorer @ 9.5k at flipkart.
Budget already extended frm 20k to 21k.
Sensation @24k is not possible as Explorer is already 1.5k more than my budget & I cant wait for price fall.
if Sensation is bit costly, then Galaxy R would be good. Instead of 8 MP Camera, Galaxy R has 5 MP LED Flash and 1.3 MP Front.
Optimus 2X is availaible at 20K at letsbuy.com

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Both O2X and SGR can't be compared to Sensation.
Sensation is much better than both.
SGR was a great buy when it was available for 19-20k but not anymore as they have hiked the price and it is also not available widely

ajaymailed

In the zone
^^^^
SGR was a great buy when it was available for 19-20k but not anymore as they have hiked the price and it is also not available widely
indeed sensation is almost a steal @ 24K with only exception of Battery life. It belongs to the class of SGS2, Droid Razr but for some reason selling that low.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
You can check Samsung Galaxy R (22K) - it is awesome fone, my brother is using it for the last 4months.

And around 8K HTC Wildlife will be a decent fone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what is the Soc of HTC One V. I am guessing its a single core krait with Adreno 305.

Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255. yes Adreno 205.

It would be One Vs 1 Ghz Single Core Krait Vs Sensations Dual Core 1.2 Ghz Cortex A9 Armv7 Scorpion.

One V also has 5 MP Camera, 512 MB RAM, 3.7 Inch screen compared to 4.3 Inch display, 8 MP and 768 RAM of Sensation.

One V wil sell for 15k. Wait for One S which should sell for 25k or less.

if Sensation is bit costly, then Galaxy R would be good. Instead of 8 MP Camera, Galaxy R has 5 MP LED Flash and 1.3 MP Front.
Optimus 2X is availaible at 20K at letsbuy.com

avoid all these last gen mobiles.

really? ;)

friend asked me which sub10k mobile he should buy. i said HTC Explorer. he said HTC? never heard of it? i replied "buy Samsung" :|

indeed sensation is almost a steal @ 24K with only exception of Battery life. It belongs to the class of SGS2, Droid Razr but for some reason selling that low.

One X is announced and will have 35k MRP (32k pricetag). This is the reason.

aroraanant

Explorer
The best part of Explorer is the screen,the touch as well as the display is amazing considering the price i.e. 8k only.
As soon as One V will be launched, no one is going to pick Neo V as the build quality of Neo V is not that good, and we all know that HTC rocks in terms of build quality.
And considering the price of One X which is gonna be around 31-32k, the sales of iphones as well as the other high end phones like S2 etc will decline and even it will effect the sales of Note.
So we will see a drastic decrease in prices of phones as soon as HTC come up with the new phones.
Already Sensation is selling at such a low price, Sensation is a great phone with very good build quality as well as display, have heard a lot about battery issues but all android phones have the same issue,it doesn't (or can say hardly) matter which phones last a couple of hours more or less.

OP
Y

ysmonyog

Journeyman
Today I shall check up the price of Explorer in local market. I wonder why such a huge price diff between flipkart and Tradus. Is Tradus reliable ?

Still confused over high budget phone.
What I need is- Fast processor (No lagging), good battery life is essential, 4"screen (4.3 is also ok), good display, decent camera.
I wont be gaming. Browsing and Emails will generally be in addition to normal phone usage.

aroraanant

Explorer
Today I shall check up the price of Explorer in local market. I wonder why such a huge price diff between flipkart and Tradus. Is Tradus reliable ?
In local market also it will cost you around 9-9.5k, Don't know how Tradus is selling it at such a low price.
And tradus is quite reliable, I have recently bought a HTC Explorer for my friend.

Still confused over high budget phone.
What I need is- Fast processor (No lagging), good battery life is essential, 4"screen (4.3 is also ok), good display, decent camera.
I wont be gaming. Browsing and Emails will generally be in addition to normal phone usage.
If browsing and checking emails is the main usage and you won't using any apps and playing games on that, then Blackberry will also serve your purpose very well, and also you will get a very good battery back up(better than android) and also you can enjoy true multitasking in BB phones ;)

ajaymailed

In the zone
One V wil sell for 15k. Wait for One S which should sell for 25k or less.
If One V sells for 15K, it should trigger price war. The only android which can match its specs with older hw at that price is Defy Plus. Neo V, Galaxy SL, Optimus Black, S Plus etc all will be costly considering its old hardware selling at higher prices than One V.

One S @ 25K is also very surprising considering most dual core CPUs with high end features are released at atleast 30K price. wonder the fate of present phones, SGS2, Moto Razr, Sensation XE/XL, etc which are still selling at 30K or more with older hardware compared to One S. Sony might be releasing Xperia S at around 30K.

One X is announced and will have 35k MRP (32k pricetag). This is the reason.
But then there is Sensation XE selling at 30K and XL selling at 35K. HTC Desire S with its single core processor 5 Mp 720p Camera is still selling at around 19-20K. Last year November, HTC release Rhyme with 3.7in display, 1 ghz CPU, 5 MP for 25K. would be a definite surprise if they release dual core One S at 25K.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If One V sells for 15K, it should trigger price war. The only android which can match its specs with older hw at that price is Defy Plus. Neo V, Galaxy SL, Optimus Black, S Plus etc all will be costly considering its old hardware selling at higher prices than One V.

at 18k, dual core based mobile will be there. so single core mobile have to happy with 15k price tag.

One S @ 25K is also very surprising considering most dual core CPUs with high end features are released at atleast 30K price. wonder the fate of present phones, SGS2, Moto Razr, Sensation XE/XL, etc which are still selling at 30K or more with older hardware compared to One S. Sony might be releasing Xperia S at around 30K.

HTC Sensation already sells for less. also HTC One X will cost ~35k when launched (MRP is 37k). so i expect a 25k pricetag.

Xperia S beats One S in everything so 30k is a valid pricing.

Top Bottom