Suggest PSU Under Rs 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
Please suggest me PSU within 1k upto 1.2k,with at least 6 month WARRANTY .Dealers here are offering me Zebronics or Intex psu for Rs 450. My previous 2 PSU's have burnout due to voltage fluctuation .

Peripheral that i will use are c2d e4400, HD Raedon 4670 etc . The input is through UPS of APC made with rating of 500VA .

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Below 1k I am afraid there no one.

Real Good ones are 3k and above.

Extreme Power 460W is around 2.4K. It isnt great but better than El Cheapos out there

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Better to save up and invest 3k rather than wasting 1k. Nothing good is available under 1k.

Krow

Crowman
Gigabyte 460W 80+ certified Active PFC PSU is available for 2.5k and that is seriously the minimum anyone should be buying. God! Please think of the fact that if your rig burns due to crappy PSU, then WTH will you do?

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
You don't understand yaar ,How am i going to convince my father for a PSU worth 2.5k . He is gonna kick me . Okay then i will try to stick with the zebronics one . I heard it gives a good protection for normal situation.

Krow

Crowman
Why don't you show your father the above post of mine? I mean he was willing to pay for the rest of the rig right? So, a bad PSU can spoil the whole of the rig. Also, since you have burnt two old PSU's I really don't like to think what would happen if you damage the rest of your rig. :(

Anyway, from what I have been told from some dealers here, VIP PSU's are good among the cheapo brands. You should get the VIP 400W for 1.2-1.5k as the VIP500W is 2.2k.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
For 1k definitely nothing is going to be good. CX400 is the best and lowest you can go for 3.2k. Its just like buying 1k of fireworks during the upcoming diwali and putting inside your cabinet!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
for what its worth..
I am using Sahara cabby+psu ( Rs 1100 ) its running for 1.5yrs now without any problems
Previously I had a microtek psu , that ran for 10.5 yrs before I upgraded(it was still functional)

Edit: note that I never have had gpu card, and my PC's power requirements have always been low.

Last edited:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Zebronics psu is ok for your rig but they will cost you more then 1.5k atleast but beware there are many fake zebronics psu circulating around . Also check out if VIP psu's are available in your area .
Before buying any psu first check the 12v reading on its specification . Most cheap psu have a single 12v rail on them . For your rig the 12v reading should atleast be above 24A .

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I just dont find a cheap PSU risking life of Rig of 20-25K worth it.

Anyways as long as you dont stress to much to it & the stars are bright you would be fine.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
thanks yaar . I will try to persuade my father . Problem is that he is insisting to buy a GPU + UPS under Rs 7k . So i was trying to maximize gain .But thanks for you suggestions

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@ayushman9

Get PowerSafe Silver one for 1.2k and Zebronics 500W Platinum costs around 1.5k. But a 500 bucks isn't a big thing for you , i think so. So better get a Zebby 500W Platinum dude...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:

You have a really good rig...
"Asus P5B-MX WIFI-AP,Intel core-2-duo e4400, 3 GB ram,Seagate 160 GB SATA ,XFX Geforce 8600 gt 256 MB DDR3 ,SONY DVD-RW (AW-GI70) ,Creative SBS A500"

What I can suggest:

1. Go for the mediocre PSU: as the forums experts have suggested Zebronics etc. But then stick to this rig. Do not add extra components. Stay approximate 30% below the power output rating of your PSU. So if you do not strain your PSU and do not come near the max rating you should be safe. Calculate your current system draw (if you need help on this, we can do that) and see how close you are to the PSU rating.

2. Upgrade to a higher end PSU: If you decide to add more components to your rig. Specially if you go for a higher end GPU. Even a 4xxx series ATI or nVidia > 8800GT is going to strain your system. At this point the PSU will start to fail and cause subsequently cause system component failure.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
@OP:

2. Upgrade to a higher end PSU: If you decide to add more components to your rig. Specially if you go for a higher end GPU. Even a 4xxx series ATI or nVidia > 8800GT is going to strain your system. At this point the PSU will start to fail and cause subsequently cause system component failure.

Hey hey this is interesting . I am definitely planing to buy an ATI 4670 next month or so . Will it strain my system . I read in their website that power consumption is quite low . What do you suggest then . Please try to limit budjet between 1.5k

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hey hey this is interesting . I am definitely planing to buy an ATI 4670 next month or so . Will it strain my system . I read in their website that power consumption is quite low . What do you suggest then . Please try to limit budjet between 1.5k

What is your current PSU...?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

HD4670. Then you need not worry about the PSU. I am having a crappy PSU(max rated output 240W), but still it runs smoother. Till now no problems with that and performance wise it doesn't let me down. Very soon i'll post a review here to reveal the 4670's potential....

So whatever PSU (i guess you have a 450W PSU), just go for HD4670....

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
What is your current PSU...?

It is a local Chinese build of 400W Capacity.

I think you don't know the problem .I didn't told you all so i am sorry . What happened is that My rig is about say 1 year 8 months old . Now after 7 month or so My UPS got damaged ( I don't know the reason ) .Then for next 8 months or so I used Direct AC supply from Switch board . After say 3 months (during the 8 month tenure ) ,My SMPS which was of Frontech ( Which originally came with the cabinet ) got damaged (It's capacitor had burst ,i don't know the probable reason )

After that i bought a local PSU (of random Chinese build) for Rs 400 or so . It is currently running now . It made history that Each month AT LEAST 3 TIMES IN A MONTH THE POWER CABLE HAD TO BE CHANGED .Overall i think in last 5 months i have bought at least 19 power cable . So naturally something was wrong . Also last month My GPU died . When i took it for postmortem ,it was found that it's Video Ram had Got corrupted .Now the only reason what my Electronics Knowledge say's about this problem is that this must have happened due to Massive power fluctuation ,Power cut offs or Rapid sparking during Boot up/Shutdown due to unavailability of a Good impedance matching which i may not have properly given thought and i payed for it dearly by losing my GPU .

The only reason i can attribute for all the problem is that My PSU must be guilty along with my House earthing .Naturally i can't help for the latter but I decided to amend my mistake and decided that i need to buy UPS + GPU + Good PSU . And as a last chance for redemption my father gave me a max budget [:)evil: Thanks to The ever increasing application fees of MBA colleges and MBA Entrance exams :-x )] of Rs 7000/- .

I already have repaired my UPS (APC BE-500IN) .It cost about Rs 800. Now the only major thing left is GPU ,but before buying that i need to full proof The power requirements of the PC ,and that's the reason i stared this thread. I at least need the rig to run for 2 years so that My father and sister do not curse me for spending so much on this Damn Rig :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom