Suggest Performance PC

starzlove

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A: To run designing softwares/ heavy engg. softwares.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: ~50k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: no but in worst case yes.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: windows Xp

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500gb is sufficient.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: any normal looking resolution. not much interested.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:by assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: 7 days from now.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yes, yes and yes.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: i already have monitor, 5.1 channel speakers and sound blaster card, ups, keyboard and mouse. suggest some ugradtion, excluding these. please also some provision for future upgrades.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: New delhi and no

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: pc is mainly for running heavy softwares, need faster results. suggestion more devoted to proccessor and ram than cd/dvd writers, graphics card, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc. want more usbs and card slots.

Last edited:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600k|17000
Motherboard |MSI Z68A GD55 B3|10192
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3300
DVD Writer |LG/Sony DVD Writer|900
PSU |Corsair GS 600W|3000
Case |NZXT Gamma|2000
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
Keyboard+Mouse |Logitech MK200 combo|<1000
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Speakers |Edifier C2|3200
| Total |~51k

Try to use your current HDD, if you have one. HDD prices are really high nowadays.

Also, which are these "heavy softwares"? Are you sure you don't require a GPU? :neutral:

OP
S

starzlove

Broken In
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600k|17000
Motherboard |MSI Z68A GD55 B3|10192
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3300
DVD Writer |LG/Sony DVD Writer|900
PSU |Corsair GS 600W|3000
Case |NZXT Gamma|2000
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
Keyboard+Mouse |Logitech MK200 combo|<1000
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Speakers |Edifier C2|3200
| Total |~51k

Try to use your current HDD, if you have one. HDD prices are really high nowadays.

Also, which are these "heavy softwares"? Are you sure you don't require a GPU? :neutral:

softwares like autocad, ABAQUS (i5,3gb ram takes 3 hrs for calculations for my problem), i use dell nseries pc, quad core 3ghz, 4gb ram pc for my experiments..mainly for recording images (takes 300 images~ 1 gb), even that computer hangs.

plz tell something which can withstand this, taking my budget into consideration. :cry:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Just saw that you won't overclock.
Also, AFAIK autocad's performance can improve with a Graphics Card.

Better to get this:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600|16000
Motherboard |MSI H67MA-E35 B3|4600
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) * 2|2700
Graphic Card |ATI FirePro V4800|9500
PSU |Seasonic S12II 520|3500
Case |Cooler Master Elite 310|1400
Monitor |BenQ G2220HD|7000
Keyboard |Logitech Media Keyboard MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1625
| Total |49825

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the Intel DH67BL-C3 motherboard instead of the MSI board. price will be around 5.2K. You will get 4 Ram slots with 32GB support.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Nvidia quadro products are ridiculously overpriced and OP can also get an AMD based FireGL or Firepro workstation card which offer very nice performance invery competitive price and I guess our suggestion is also having one.

And what the hell is this?
I recommend adding an Nvidia Quadro Product... It is better than Stream and has CUDA

Don't generalize things without understanding it. CUDA and Stream both can be utilized in any software to take advantage of the fast processing of GPU. It depends entirely upon the application who it is going to use them. There is nothing like CUDA is better than Stream.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I recommend adding an Nvidia Quadro Product... It is better than Stream and has CUDA

For OP its of no use.

1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A: To run designing softwares/ heavy engg. softwares.

Most of the softwares which he will run would get sufficient power from firepro V4800 which is very good entry level workstation card. Do I would suggest OP not to waste money on some expensive workstation graphics card.

OP
S

starzlove

Broken In
Just saw that you won't overclock.
Also, AFAIK autocad's performance can improve with a Graphics Card.

Better to get this:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600|16000
Motherboard |MSI H67MA-E35 B3|4600
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) * 2|2700
Graphic Card |ATI FirePro V4800|9500
PSU |Seasonic S12II 520|3500
Case |Cooler Master Elite 310|1400
Monitor |BenQ G2220HD|7000
Keyboard |Logitech Media Keyboard MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1625
| Total |49825

i already have monitor, 5.1 channel speakers and sound blaster card, ups, keyboard and mouse. now can you suggest some ugradtion on above listed components excluding these. please also some provision for future upgrades.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
starzlove, I suggest you to fill up the PC building template properly. In the question 12 of the template where it is asked that what are the components you don't wanna include, you have written Nill and now you are saying that you have a lots of components already. this kind of misleading information not only stop you to get proper configuration but also invalidates the time put by the members to suggest you an optimum solution.

So edit your 1st post properly and include all the things you forgot to mention in the 1st place.

Request to other members: Please don't suggest anything until OP updates the PC Building guide properly.

OP
S

starzlove

Broken In
starzlove, I suggest you to fill up the PC building template properly. In the question 12 of the template where it is asked that what are the components you don't wanna include, you have written Nill and now you are saying that you have a lots of components already. this kind of misleading information not only stop you to get proper configuration but also invalidates the time put by the members to suggest you an optimum solution.

So edit your 1st post properly and include all the things you forgot to mention in the 1st place.

Request to other members: Please don't suggest anything until OP updates the PC Building guide properly.

done. sorry for inconvenience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom