suggest mobo for p4 2.66ghz lga 775 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand20383

Broken In
hi guys,
my mobo gigabyte ga-8i915gvm which has been a faithful servant to me for the past 10 yrs went bad yesterday.so i want to replace the mother board and reuse the parts in it.my config is p4-2.66ghz-lga 775- 1.5 GB ram (3x512mb-433mhz)-320gb WD sata hdd-LG DVD writer-mercury atx cabinet-300W smps. i wud also like to do a little upgrade and want to gift this sytem to my sister.so please suggest me a mobo which supports 2.66 ghz proc along with DDR3 rams and a pci express graphic port. also tell me the ram limit that i can put in along with that mobo and proc.please also suggest if i need to change the smps. please suggest ASAP....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel 915GV chipset was released on Q3 of 2004 - so how come the mobo which is based on the same chipset served you for 10 years and if you have a 10 years old mobo you don't have a LGA 775 cpu - may be it's based on socket 478 and you won't find any DDR ram supported mobo now. So you need to sell the DDR ram you have.

Anyway, if you do have a LGA 775 cpu say P4 506 get GA-G41M-Combo and you don't need to change anything else.

OP
A

anand20383

Broken In
thank you so much for the replies guys...

Intel 915GV chipset was released on Q3 of 2004 - so how come the mobo which is based on the same chipset served you for 10 years and if you have a 10 years old mobo you don't have a LGA 775 cpu - may be it's based on socket 478 and you won't find any DDR ram supported mobo now. So you need to sell the DDR ram you have.

Anyway, if you do have a LGA 775 cpu say P4 506 get GA-G41M-Combo and you don't need to change anything else.

thank you for the suggestion and its my mistake abt the years. but anyways this is what i found on my p4 proc:-

Intel 04
pentium 4
506 SL8J8 china
2.66 GHZ/1M/533/0?A
5515B593

and im 100% sure its of LGA 775 socket.
so suggest a good mobo according to the above spec and also suggest an entry level graphic card for this spec.

and i have few more doubts to clarify.they are : when i saw the specs of both mobo's i see the FSB as 1333/1066/800 MHz FSB but i think my proc's FSB is 533MHz only so is it supported on these mobos. and i also saw that they have SATA II ports or SATA 3 Gb/s ports but i have only SATA hdds with so are they supported with these mobos?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a entry level gfx card don't settle for anything less than a GT520 - price should be under 2.5-2.8k.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Do you believe in using dx11 on an archaic config? It doesn't makes any sense, plus there will always be dx10. What's the need of dx11?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
^Do you believe in using dx11 on an archaic config? It doesn't makes any sense, plus there will always be dx10. What's the need of dx11?
Currently only changing mobo,memory, graphics card & cabinet due to budget constraint.So will below config work?
Proc:C2D E6550
Mobo:needed
RAM:needed
Cabinet:NZXT Gamma(Plan to buy)
Graphics car: HIS 6870 ICEQ (Plan to buy)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Currently only changing mobo,memory, graphics card & cabinet due to budget constraint.So will below config work?
Proc:C2D E6550
Mobo:needed
RAM:needed
Cabinet:NZXT Gamma(Plan to buy)
Graphics car: HIS 6870 ICEQ (Plan to buy)

Getting an already isn't going to help you in future.

Moreover price 2GB DDR2 RAM is more than 4GB DDR3 RAM nowadays.

OP
A

anand20383

Broken In
thank you so much once again for your support guys... i have decided to buy GA-G41M-Combo and searched for it and MSI mobo also in all the shops available in my city but i cant find them .so i have decided to buy it online.so please suggest me a website where i can buy the mobo for a better price and quality...

OP
A

anand20383

Broken In
thank you so much "topgear" for ur suggestion. i have ordered the mobo and expecting to be delivered within a week. and one last query from my side. i.e; i have a friend who is having the same config as mine and now he want a mobo which supports only DDR3 so dont want a combo. he want a mobo + 4GB DDR3 + graphic card . his budget is rs.10,000. mobo preferably gigabyte...

aloodum

Journeyman
^^^ lord havent they hoarded price of 775 boards!!! :(
I remember about a year back most G41 solutions hovering from 2-2.4k, cheapest being the msi and costliest being the asus.

(PS:The P5G41T-M-LX is the one with IDE support and the MLX3 is the one without it ? Right? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom