Suggest Mobile Phone @11K

srch07

Journeyman
Hi all,
Please suggest me a handset, need to buy within a month.

==========Questions=============

1. Budget? - 10-13K -> I'll be happy to wrap within 11k though. :p

2. Display type and size? - Bigger the better.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Slider with QWERTY.

4. Preferred choice of brand? - Nothing specific

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
- QWERTY and Touch Screen.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - Not much of use for me. But a decent one will be good.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
- Am inclined for Android. Can anyone tell me btw, why everyone is preferring it over Windows OS, am out of touch of mobile phone technology for like 2 year. :p

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
- 3G and Wifi both.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
- GPS.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
- In order of precedence. Multimedia > Internet > Gaming > Mails >Camera.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
- HTC Wildfire S, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro.

12. Any other info that you want to share
- Well, i have used nokia and sony's set till now. Their interface is good. I don't like interface of samsung, last few sets of samsung i touched made a terrible User Interface experience for me. Motorola, it was ok type. No idea of Interface for HTC.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
If you don't wanna spend more than 10k then I would suggest you to go for LG O1(Optimus One).
Don't look for Wildfire S & no idea about the SE handset you've mentioned.If you can up your budget by another 2k i.e 15k then you can go for Moto DEFY. Its much better than Wildfire S.

OP
S

srch07

Journeyman
Hey ssb longtime. :D

You really think Moto Defy worth it? Besides it will be cool, to have a qwerty keyboard along with touch keyboard.
I mean compared to other brands. Always had doubt about moto's set. :p

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Ya dude its been realllly looong!!:D..was busy studying for CAT & GMAT...taking a break these days..so TDF!!!:)

DEFY is better than Wildfire S in all aspects : bigger screen, better resolution, more internal memory(I know not that important since we all use 4/8 GB MMC), better CPU & lots. The only thing Wildfire S has got going for it is Gingerbread!! Guess thats why DEFY is costlier by 2k!!:D

OP
S

srch07

Journeyman
Oye As much i remember Defy don't have Gingerbread either. It can be updated to 2.2 , ie, Froyo.
Btw, it supports or automatically converts video format like dat n all. Any idea?

OP
S

srch07

Journeyman
Ok guys tell me onething.
What extra is in Defy compared with LG optimus one. Till now only thing I see is 0.4" screen. And LG optimus has around 1.5 hour more talktime duration then defy, and has got Android 2.3 as well.

Oh btw, can anyone confirm if defy has got promity sensor n all, because these small things seems to be missing in all tech details of defy.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Oye As much i remember Defy don't have Gingerbread either. It can be updated to 2.2 , ie, Froyo.
Btw, it supports or automatically converts video format like dat n all. Any idea?

I think you misunderstood me..I meant Wildfire S has GB & thats the only thing it has got..DEFY can be upgradable to 2.2(Froyo).
I don't think it has support for .dat or DivX/Xvid. You gotta convert the videos 1st & then put it in the phone or you can use CFWs!!

Ya DEFY has proximity sensor. Where dija check the specs?? Its clearly given in gsmarena!!

DEFY has bigger screen, better resolution & better camera with a flash!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ok guys tell me onething.
What extra is in Defy compared with LG optimus one. Till now only thing I see is 0.4" screen. And LG optimus has around 1.5 hour more talktime duration then defy, and has got Android 2.3 as well.

Oh btw, can anyone confirm if defy has got promity sensor n all, because these small things seems to be missing in all tech details of defy.

1. Bigger display with better resolution and 16M colors.
2. Faster CPU/GPU.
3. Gorilla glass and other tough materials make it dust/water proof.
4. lot lot bigger ROM.
5. better camera with flash.
6. Active Noise cancellation.

To be frank, it is worth every penny. it does have proximity sensor etc. those things are usual for droids with touch display.

ssb1551

Technomancer
WAT!!! Where dija read this?? Please provide the link. And even if they did how are you so sure that DEFY has pathetic battery life?? Geez!!dude don't post just for the sake of posting!! Its a sincere request!!!

OP
S

srch07

Journeyman
I think he is talking about moto phones of 5 year back. Battery problem no longer persists in moto phones.

Hows performance of Defy's GPS. SGS GPS seems to be sluggish.

aditya2696

Right here right now
does a 500 mhz and a 600 mhz processor creates a major difference in the working of the phone and what are the major advantages of 2.3 over 2.2?and do we get wifi hotspot facility with every android 2.2 phone?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think he is talking about moto phones of 5 year back. Battery problem no longer persists in moto phones.

true. old Motorola smartphones have pathetic battery life. current motorola smartphones are having standard battery, maybe not the best.

does a 500 mhz and a 600 mhz processor creates a major difference in the working of the phone and what are the major advantages of 2.3 over 2.2?and do we get wifi hotspot facility with every android 2.2 phone?

no. not a major difference but couple a slow SOC with low amount of ram & some customized/themed Android (TouchWiz, SenseUI, Motorblur) & you are not going to enjoy the experience. Eg: SE Xperia X8/W8.

yes. all Android 2.2 based mobile have WiFi hotspot but you may need app from market to utilize it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Depends on the architecture. A 600MHz Cortex A8 is much much faster than a 500MHz ARM 11. While you may not find much difference between 500MHz Hummingbird and 600MHz snapdragon as both are based on same core.

2.3 highlights: Android 2.3 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

Top Bottom