suggest me a mobile accord to my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Ok...So..Some told..never ever try for nokia and some tell its the best...

Well For protection I get that K750i is best but its so if i dont download softwares na...
But i am buying my mob to surf net and not to download any mobile softwares...Now say will it affect my phone..

Another thing some told use Bluetooth when necessary..Well If I'll connect net It will be On for Longer time..So what shall I do...

Now I decided to buy..Nokia 6630..bcoz of EDGE+3G , a future phone...

But still Edge=Advanced GPRS....does some one have a proper link or explanation about "3g"..As I shoud know b4 Buying the phone

prankie

D PrankMaster
Ishan said:
Another thing some told use Bluetooth when necessary..Well If I'll connect net It will be On for Longer time..So what shall I do...

I told this because in public places there is quite a chance to get attacked by viruses like cabir and comwarrior which spread via bluetooth....
anyways dont panic, symbian is not all that vulnerable..
if a virus tries to enter ur phone, a message will come that xxxx is trying to send something... and its upto u, whether u wanna accept it or reject it..
and virus only attacks when u'll install that recieved file....

afaik there's a minute chance to get attacked by virus if u connect to internet via gprs... then also why to take chances.. keep an antivirus handy.

Regarding EDGE (Extended data for global evolution) is like broadband on phone.. check whether ur city has that service.
3G is further a step ahead of EDGE.. it gives u speed in Mbps(AFAIK) but unfortunately India doesnt have it in any of the cities....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Really speaking we hardly even get full EDGE speeds here in India, 3G seem way too distant on the horizon. Well it's not that a symbian phone will be affected by a virus/trojan without you even knowing. Be careful of what you install and with whom you connect via bluetooth. It's simple enough for security.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
As one of your major requirement is surfin net on your laptop. You must consider EDGE enabled phone only.
As of now EDGE is hardly offered by Telecom operators however
Through experience i can say GPRS speeds are better in EDGE enabled phones.
Thus looking at your budget.. N 6630 is idle purchase for ya..

Pathik

Google Bot
@ishan if u r so scared of viruses then u must sell ur PC as well....
and some viruses in symbian r actually fun to play with...

and u ll know urself...
also search for 3G and EDGE on wikipedia...

Last edited:
OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Great Expl..Thanks All
Ok Now one of my friend suggestted...There are some phones come with a data cable....And If I wish to run Internet through it...It will give more speed than Blue tooth...Coreect?

Can I connect that way?

OK I am Ready to leave Camera and Sound Quality at the cost Of Internet Connectivity...More suggestions if in ur mind..
(Well Nokia 6630 is already in my mind...I am going to some vendors today and will post abt that at night....BYe)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can also try 3230..its available for as low as 9k. It has all features of 6630 nd weighs and size lower(110g compared to 126). But the sound quality is a bit lower. But it has edge support. Above all it has got FM readio which 6630 lacks.

prankie

D PrankMaster
Both K750i and N6630 come with their datacables, and internet can be connected thru it on both the phones...
Regarding speed of internet u wont get higher net speed if u connect thru the cable because... theoritical speed of bt is abt 1Mbps, and obviously cable will have much higher speed because of USB2.0...
but GPRS will only let u surf at max of abt 25-30Kbps...
so i think u understand 1Mbps > 25Kbps
hence bt will not be a bottleneck... and u'll get same speed on both bt and cable..
but if u wanna transfer songs and videos than obvsly prefer cable...

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
OK..clear..So now I have 3 choices 6630, k750i and 3230
but does 3230 has data cable facility.?

*www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,85209,00.html?model=6630,6125,3230&status=complete

ok see this comparison b/w 6630,6125,3230

Last edited:

coolsunny

Journeyman
Ishan said:
OK..clear..So now I have 3 choices 6630, k750i and 3230
but does 3230 has data cable facility.?

*www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,85209,00.html?model=6630,6125,3230&status=complete

ok see this comparison b/w 6630,6125,3230

Never go for 3230.....

Nokia 6630 Technical Specs
- Operating System: Symbian OS v8.0a
- Developer Platform: S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 2

Nokia 3230 Technical Specs
- Operating System: Symbian OS v7.0s
- Developer Platform: S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 1

i dont compare sony phone as its totally different from these nokia phones

also, 3230 uses 123mhz ,6630 has 220mhz which makes this ph the faster processor in nokia os7-8 ie inbetween 6600,7610,3230 and also 6630 is faster thn 6680 and 6681 as 6630 has 65k colours tht means low pixels support,whereas 6680 and 6681 has 256colours

Nokia 6630 is the fastest phone with ARM 220 MHz processor. 6680; N70 and N90 use the same processor, but they are slightly slower due to screen resolution and/or amount of colors.
Nexg generation (maybe series E allready) will have stronger and faster processors.

rest, 6630 can be customise by themes,applications and games and all the stuff can be available at any good nokia/symbian forums,same with nokia 3230 but lacks in sony phones as they are cant fully customise...

I dont say there are no applications for sony phones..but not those essential applications available like call recorder, ebooks,pdf support(may be having support ,dont know) , and many others that are available for nokia phones

3230 has - 6 MB internal memory,whereas 6630 has 10 MB shared memory ,this helps a lot in the function of faster support .

3230 edge supports 118.4 kbps ,and 6630 supports 384 kbps
its not fully access speed available here in india..but think abt the future...lol

Regarding the Camera ...
3230 has 1.23 MP, 1280x960 pixels, video(QCIF) (Its 1.3megapixel but comes in effect as 1.23)
And 6630 1.3 MP, 1280x960 pixels, QCIF video

where as voice clearity ,3230 has mono output ,and fm with stereo output
6630 has stereo output but no Fm,but u can get fm handsfree from nokia @1000-1200rs and this makes 6630 with fm

Go for 6630, it’s the superior phone with better hardware and software in comparison to 3230, in matter of fact it’s the almost the best series 60 phone at the moment especially considering

Hope this will help You....

Ps: I have tried 3230 first and sell it within 3 months as its very slow..i was using 512mb and i cant remember how slow it was
whereas after i purchased 6630 with 1gb memory (With fm handsfree cost me 1600 that time),and i am satisfy with the perfomance and feature ....6630 rocks dude...

If u have more budget go out for nokia N80 ,currently using it and this is the best phone nokia ever made....

Regrds !!

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
6630 is 11k(i guess). if you increase your budget by 1k, go for it.. And if you only want to go for SE, don't k750i, go for w300i.
it's supports EDGE class 10, FM stereo, VGA camera,FLIP phone,stylish, 256k color display,but the screen is smaller than 6630 .
here must be only 2 option in your budget, 6630 & w300i. and now its your choice.

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
OK..I'll choose nokia 6630...Thanks every body....my all questions are solved.
Well This is where I was satisfied with digit as a forum...Again Thanks everybody!

Dipen01

Youngling
Apne bhee doubts clear kar do yaar...its time for me..have to decide in 3 days...:(

6230i/W300i/ Any Class 10 EDGE under 11k with nice sound quality..??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Then you can try MotoRazr V3i. But, I doubt it's build quality.
Also, I guess K750i will be a good choice. Forget 6230i or w300i, if you need good sound quality cos they have mono speakers.
Also, SE W550i is good if you can live with it's limited memory of 256MB.
Check out www.gsmarena.com for more details on these phones and compare your chosen ones.

EDIT:- Still if you prefer Nokia, then go for 6630, IMO that's the best nokia phone in your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom