Suggest me a Guitar - 4k

@vi

Journeyman
Guys need to buy a Guitar, for learning purposes. My budget is max 4k.

I need the Guitar can be connected to my lappie. So I have two choices

1. Acoustic Guitar + Mic

How is this - Guitar, Imported Guitar, gb&a, guitars, acoustic guitars, guitar online

OR

2. Electro Acoustic Guitar.

How this is - Guitar, Givson guitars Delhi, Guitar Shop, Guitar dealer in new delhi, buy Guita

So please suggest me good one. I don't intend to learn Rock, that's why going with Acoustic ones [Am I right ?] Once I am good then I can spend some 12-15K :D

Thank you :D

EDIT : A guy from US replied to me. This is his reply :

I am in the US so I obviously don't know anything about quality and cost of merchandise in India, so all I can advise is based on US market. Having said that:

1) $300 USD is about the least expensive guitar of any quality (electric, acoustic, or acoustic-electric) new guitar. If you pay less than that for new you are, as they say, getting what you pay for. Realistically, you could pay several times that for a decent instrument.

2) A $65 guitar (new) in the US is going to leave you with sore fingers and a sour taste in your mouth for guitar playing

3) Good microphones are expensive (can be extremely expensive). The good news here is you don't need a good microphone. In the US you could get away with paying almost nothing (and in some cases nothing) for a perfectly usable microphone. If won't sound good, but neither will you for quite a while. When you get to be a decent musician trade up in your equipment for something better.

4) Every young man (it seems) reaches a certain age and decides to learn to play the guitar. Most buy cheap/crappy instruments (like the guitar you linked to in all probability--it may be great but I strongly suspect it is junk) and soon give it all up as a lost cause. Some buy decent instruments and give it up anyway because learning any instrument requires dedication and practice.

5) As a result of this there are generally a lot of fairly decent guitars out there for sale on the used market if you are patient and know what to look for. You may be able to find one for $90; if so jump on it. But, you will have to look at a lot of resold crap guitars to find a gem, so when you find one be prepared to buy it regardless of whether it is acoustic or acoustic-electric.

I thought to buy some cheap Guitar, of some 4k, learn well, then get some good one 15-20K later, when I am sure, when I have learnt well. This was my plan.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
We really cant say anything coz it depends what is the availibility in your market.

A Guitar of Rs.1500 is best for beginnners.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
1500 ??? For beginners ?? You sure about it ? Cos everyone whom I asked suggested me to spend min 3k+

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its good if you can spend more. Guitars in the 4k range are pretty good here in India.
You can use them for long time.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Well thing is, I don't need it for long time :p

I want a good guitar just for learning. Once I am good, will buy a good one. Won't be using this one.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
@vi
Your approach is perfectly OK. If your budget is limited, there's no sense in pressing you to buy an expensive product as a learning instrument.

I'm one of the older members of TDF. I used to have a rock band when I was younger - I played lead, bass and rhythm (also sang), but I haven't played seriously for a loooong time now. OTOH, my son is actively playing and he's very good. He started out with a Givson acoustic and it just so happens that right now I'm thinking of buying him a Fender. We're weighing different models for price/peformance now.

The Givson cost 3.5k here, but I live in a remote place and the same model will cost less in a major city. One thing you should know is that models in the same price class are not always the same in quality and handling. Even different samples of the same model can be different, especially among the cheaper ones.

My son's Givson is quite good considering the price. I don't have any personal experience with Givson electric guitars, so I can't really comment on them.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Thank you for replying guys :)

@pimpom - So I am good with Givson acoustic ?? and also how about electro acoustic ??

and would cheap guitars mean more pain and soreness to fingers ???

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Givson starting from 3.5k. If you wish, i can sell you my Givson guitar which is around ~9 months old, if you are in TamilNadu.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Hmm...I am from Banglore mate, thanks for the offer though. For how much you intend to sell ?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Don't know about 'Givson' guitars but 'Hobner' and 'Granada' are some quality guitars i know. get a guitar which is under 5-4k...cheaper guitar means low quality

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Low quality in Build ? in Strings ? in Sound :p ??

Okay, lets put this in way. I want a good guitar, which is produces good sound, easy on hands, less soreness. If such Guitar starts with 5-6K, then I can extend my budget.

abhidev

Human Spambot
buddy...if you ask there two types of gutiar...one is 'C' cut and the other is 'F' cut...not sure whats the difference between them and which one is better...that is something hat you'll hv to find.
Also for sound...there are 'nylon' strings and 'steel' strings...and both will sore your fingers.
Nylon strings are useful for those who have a good hand on guitar and also they sound much better than steel strings. For you, you can go for steel strings in the beginning.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Guys thank you all for your inputs :)

Decided to get OLD / USED one.

What things I should look into ?

Top Bottom