Suggest me a good DTH

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Our cable operators has gone crazy and is giving a mad mix of useless channels (thanks to TN CM and Arasu TV). My parents want Sun and Vijay TV for the daily soaps and I want my assorted channels. I don't need HD, standard will do.

List of channels:

Tamil
SunTV, Kalaignar TV, Vijay TV, Sun News

English
HBO, Star Movies, AXN, Zee MGM

English News
BBC World, CNN IBN

Infotainment
Discovery, NGC, BBC Entertainment

Sports
Star Sports

Other Free Channels
DD Sports, DD National, DD5

Music
MTV, Music India

I checked with the sites of TataSky, Airtel, Videocon and Sun for "a la carte" for all these channels. Sun misses many. Dish and Big TV does not have a la carte channels. Dish has a la carte packages.

I have ruled out Sun and Big. I can't choose between the rest, so please help me choose the right provider.

Thank you.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I would say go for Tata Sky. I have never experienced downtime(other than a little when it rains)
But had a bad experience with Dish at a relatives place. They say they suffered 1 hour downtime almost everyday.

Also with Tata Sky its better to get Mega Annual Pack. All channels and services included and all other new channels that will come during the course of the year will be included at no extra cost.
The only problem is you have to pay rs.6000 for it at once. And no i dont use that pack. Just suggested incase you might have wanted to know :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I use TATA Sky, only downside to it is there are just a dozen tamil channels in it.
never had any downtime exept really heavy rain/clouds (almost evry alternate days here at b'lore :p )
i've opted for annual pack, south mega pack something.

Sarath

iDota
I use Tata Sky HD and have an SD set too. Both are good. I have read many a times that Airtel is slightly better but can't verify the same. But its better than Dish TV which I had earlier.

After Sun look at T. Sky or Airtel. What's wrong with Sun DTH? They have a better south package than any other.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@Sarath: First and foremost I disdain Sun for their monopoly. The just bulldozed their way to their position. I want only the channel for my parents and grand mother. And the other Tamil channels that I want are Sun news, Kalaignar and Vijay TV all for the same reason. I just want to keep away from Sun as much as possible.

Of the above Tamil channels, I watch only Vijay for Neeya Naana. Of the other channels I have listed, Sun Direct misses some in their list of channels. My friend uses TataSky and he is very much satisfied with it. My current choice is TS, but not finalised yet.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@Sarath: Yes, thats the biggest reason I am thinking of TS. Will keep posted as soon as I purchase. :)

Top Bottom