Suggest me a email client which can add multiple email accounts with ease

@vi

Journeyman
A friend of mine is looking for an email client. Only feature he needs is adding new email accounts with ease. He has xls / csv file which has email address, passwords. So he just needs a software which can import such file & adds all of them. Otherwise he has to add all emails manually. There are about some 40 email addresses....

Thank you in advance :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Almost all major webmails support multiple email A/c. Eg. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Rediffmail etc.

Personally I prefer Gmail :)

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Is it ? I searched & looked everywhere, but couldn't find :-/ It'd be great if you can tell me how. Thank you !!

gameranand

Living to Play
There was a add on to do that. Don't really remember the name as I used it long time ago. Will search for it. :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
In a discussion at *www.wickedfire.com/shooting-****/77815-bulk-importing-email-accounts-into-thunderbird.html - the following suggestion seems worthy of trying:

I could be wrong about the xml file because it's been a long time since I've used TB but if you're using Windows XP check these locations:
C:\Documents and Settings\Turbo\Application Data\Mozilla\ThunderBird\
C:\Documents and Settings\Turbo\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\ThunderBird\

Look for a file called accounts.xml or something of that nature. Open it up in a text editor like PSPad and look at the structure of the xml tags (same as html tages). Then edit your csv to match the structure.

Hope that helps
Arun

Top Bottom