Suggest LCD TV under Rs 30000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim

Married!
Hi guys, i am on a spending spree (ok ok my dad is :D ) and visited Eastern Traders in Kolkata to have an idea about LCDs and its price and found a couple of Sony models under Rs 30000 (26 ") and some from Samsung under Rs 25000. But the Salesman was awful and so i am here!!
Bugdet: Rs 30000
TV: 24-26 inches LCD.

Another stupid one: Is it good to go for LCDs as i would be using it as a TV and not as Display for my PC. Or should i buy a regular TV?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
LG and Samsung are always good value for money in the LCD TV segment. I bought LG 32" LCD (32LC7R) in June 2008 and not regretting it, although it cost 40k. And Pantaloons E-zone always gives a good deal. If you are from Kolkata, you can pay them a visit at Kankurgachi or Mani Square at the bypass, before Apollo coming from north.

OP
Rahim

Rahim

Married!
Thanks digitzed for the info. Just wanna now the important thinga i have to keep in mind before buying the LCD TV. Any sggestion on that part would be nice.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yeah Kenstar makes stuff like microwave oven, air conditioner, water purifier, etc. And now they also started making LCD TVs. I can't guarantee the quality and at this price you shouldn't really be expecting much either. But still for a 32", 22k is a very good price.

OP
Rahim

Rahim

Married!
Arey yaar guide me on genuine stuffs from LG, Samsung or Sony (Dad prefers Sony but is pricey) and not from some Kenstar :D

karmanya

Journeyman
Dude, don't pick up samsung, it may be cheaper, but i have a 40" bordeaux and it isn't all its cracked up to be. The audio is pretty bad, and the definition isn't that great.

OP
Rahim

Rahim

Married!
Ya i too am quite skeptical about Samsung. I compared Sony and Samsung 26" and the quality way superiror on Sony's but it was priced at Rs 34000. But i am being greedy for a bigger screen size with the same price tag.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I have seen the LCD TV in ambience mall..reliance digital..the color quality, picture quality is too good in Hitachi than Sony..really..if any1 in gurgaon, just visit them and they play a video which is used to pick the right tv..i think it's a video from Sony showing vibrant and real colors like flowers, nature.

By seeing this video in all the tv we can choose which one shows the real color really.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^It also depends on the incoming program signal. Ordinary cable won't make much of a difference, unless one opts for DTH service like Tata Sky/Dish TV. Hitachi/LG/Samsung are quite good. I saw most brand LCDs in ezone but Sony did not impress me as much as LG or Hitachi. And moreover Sony is comparatively more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom