Suggest Internal HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushik

Broken In
Hello People. First of all I want to thank you for helping me in my purchase decisions so far.

I want to buy a huge (750GB/1TB) internal HDD for my desktop. I am hearing about issues with Seagate 7200.11 drives. Please suggest me one and also tell me the price. I live in mumbai. Thanks.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I have seen AAKS drives eventually becoming unstable after months of usage for some odd reason. Green editions save more power compared to other versions- especially the AAKS ones. You get 1TB eacs (green) for 5000 which is a green edition. I havent seen any real time difference on conventional drives to be honest- I have seen significant boost in SSD drives. The average transfer speed initially ends up being more or less the same but higher burst speed- unless its a raptor or drives belonging to those ranks but are pretty expensive. The one I mentioned is a 3 platter hard drive. Other ones in WD green versions 1TB are most probably 4 platter versions.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Yes. Call me paranoid, but majority of the hardware failures in India and China is because of local psu. It will help more if you give the config with it as well. If you see my older posts and on other forums, I always advice people to be bit more on a safer side.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Assuming the rest of the config is low powered system and this is a vip silver (bluish casing) 400w- no. Gold versions are made locally by L & C. Credibility of l & c has gone dramatically just like many. I would make arrangements to accomodate cm 460w extreme plus or vip 500w silver (bluish casing as they are FSp foxtron OEM) if I were you.

OP
K

Kaushik

Broken In
I called up Prime ABGB in Lamigton. WD Green 1TB is available at 5.2k. Should I go for it or look elsewhere?

OP
K

Kaushik

Broken In
Thanks people. Bought 1TB WD Green External HDD with 3 years on site warranty from Lamington Road for 5900/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom