Suggest good dual analog Gamepad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
hi guys, i want to buy a gamepad... my current one uses a gameport, and my new pc doesnt have one of those.

1>will primarily use it for DMC4... and some other similar games
2>it should have a good build quality and a long life

so guys, please help me out

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^do you personally think its worth in investing in a XBOX controller?? considering its double the price of logitech??

D

Deleted member 26636

my friend has an xbox 360 which went kaput..its not under warranty anymore so he won't repair it..he'll buy a ps3..now if i buy the controller from him, will it work on the pc or is the controller for the pc different?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
my friend has an xbox 360 which went kaput..its not under warranty anymore so he won't repair it..he'll buy a ps3..now if i buy the controller from him, will it work on the pc or is the controller for the pc different?
Yes it will work. Both are the same controllers (Xbox 360 & the Xbox 360 controller for Windows). All you need to do is download the drivers for the controller from Microsoft's official website & you're good to go.

D

Deleted member 26636

Yes it will work. Both are the same controllers (Xbox 360 & the Xbox 360 controller for Windows). All you need to do is download the drivers for the controller from Microsoft's official website & you're good to go.

thanx a lot...will buy it in a week.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Make sure that the controller has USB plug if it's wired controller.
afaik, they come with USB by deafault and have USB to serial port converter attached to the controller.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
To be honest, I have never seen a Xbox 360 controller with a serial port converter attached to it. Even if there is one, it should be detachable. USB is the default for the 360 controller. So you shouldn't have any issue.

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
To be honest, I have never seen a Xbox 360 controller with a serial port converter attached to it. Even if there is one, it should be detachable. USB is the default for the 360 controller. So you shouldn't have any issue.
naa.... i meant a "serial port to usb" converter so that i can make use of my old gamepad... got it for 550 bucks 6 years back and its still in one piece!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom