Suggest CPU and Mobo below 10K

BhargavJ

In the zone
I want to upgrade the PC in parts, like I'll be getting a full HD monitor and Radeon HD 6770 later. I have no idea about CPUs and Mobos, so suggest one (Intel processor and Mobo) for the total cost of 10K that'll fit in my case (I have an Intel DG102GGC2 at present). I'll also need 4 GB DDR3 RAM, can I get all three (CPU + MB + RAM) for 10K?

The PC will be used for watching movies, generally at 720p but also 1080 at times, and for mid-level gaming (whatever the HD 6770 can run).

I'll also need a 500 W PSU, not included in the 10K, so suggest that as well.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Get:
* Intel i3-3220 @ 7k
* Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H @ 3.2k

For PSU, get Corsair CX-430v2. That should be fine.
For GPU, shell out ~1.5k more and get the HD 7770.

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
Do all Mobos have an integrated graphics card? Since I am going to get a dedicated GPU, the integrated one will go waste.

While I said I want an Intel processor, I'd like to know from those who use AMD ones if they face heating problems. Do AMD processors run hotter than Intel ones?

The PSU given above seems to be a 430 watts one; I want a 500 or 550 watts one. I have two hard disks, one of which is a 1 TB one.

I have Toshiba laptop that has an i3 processor; it has great sound, like in theatres. Device manager shows two entries for sound: Conexant SmartAudio HD and Intel Display Audio. Do all current Mobos have great sound?

Also, my laptop has built-in Wifi, so I don't need a wireless USB adapter, it catches the signal straightaway. Is this is a feature of laptops only or all of today's motherboards?

Thanks for the reply Saswat.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. No but most of current Intel mobos has one.
2. Heating issue is now a myth only
3. That 430W PSU should suffice but if you want 500W get the 500W model.
4. Current gen mobos has very decent sound chip.
5. You can add wifi capability to any cheap mobo using a USB dongle pricing around 600 bucks.

Top Bottom