Suggest Configuration for Rs.75000-80000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^HD4870 1GB dude... it will rock !!

BTW, I had an insane idea. What if he gets a good C2D like E8400 and a XFX 790i board with 4GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM. What he can do later is just shift his mobo/proccy and he will already have RAM and a med range card (by then.... Mar '09 or somewhere) card. But this is just and insane idea remember. What say ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
I strongly recommend waiting for nehalem. .u've got a good enough budget for 4 gb DDR3 even when the prices are sky high. chipset being immature is something that we cant foresee. i think it wont kill u if u wait till this month end by which time we'll have all the info about nehalem. if nehalem is out of budget or chipsets aint good enough , then get a C2Q with 8 gb of DD2 . .i'm strongly against corsair tx750W. . 3.3 v and 5v regulation is not very tight. heatsinks arent that good. .temp reaches 75 C inside psu itself !! and tx750W is manufactured by CWT and not seasonic . .i think hx series or antec models may fair better. . .i'll dig up more info and get back here. .

update 1 :

with such a budget , i think going for X-fire will give you maximum gain. . radeon 4850 cross fire seems to hit the sweet spot at 21k . comes close to 4870x2 . .this also means that u HAVE to get a X-fire supporting mobo....

have a look at these charts and u'll be blown away by the performance of 4850 crossfire. .way better than 4870 1gb model too.
and x-fire scaling is only going to improve with upcoming games.

*www.guru3d.com/category/vga_charts_stalker_quake_wars/

and 4850 palit sonic model with dual slot cooler should take care of temps even in X-fire. get a good cabby like CM 690 which is roomy and has good air circulation..

more reviews :

4870 vs. 4850 crossfire : *www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hard...0-hd4850-crossfire-performance-review-11.html

notice that as resolution increases , crossfire is scaling even better. .u'll be probably playing at 1920x1200 or 1680x1050. .

particularly pay attention to the games you play and make the choice. .in my opinion , 4850 crossfire is winning. .
and quite a lot of guys agree with me
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/255670-33-4870-4850-crossfire

you can decide on the proccy and mobo after nehalem comes and all x58 boards will have crossfire support. .

2 . now to decide on the display and psu. i'll read up on psu's but for the money that u pay tx750w aint a good enough psu. .its a fine model and will support ur config but aint worth the money. . lets hunt for a better psu.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^HD4870 1GB dude... it will rock !!

BTW, I had an insane idea. What if he gets a good C2D like E8400 and a XFX 790i board with 4GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM. What he can do later is just shift his mobo/proccy and he will already have RAM and a med range card (by then.... Mar '09 or somewhere) card. But this is just and insane idea remember. What say ?

yes.

take a look at Q9400.

6MB L2 cache
2.66GHz
1333MHz FSB

and if he can pay another 3k more, he can get Q9450 which runs at 2.86GHz and has whopping 12Mb L2 cache. With a little bit of overclocking, this processor beats Core2Quad Extreme edition

That would blow away any competition.

and DDR3 2Gb module price is around 8k right now.

Do a slight modification to the rig.

Get Q9450 processor.

Remove Logitech Dinovo Edge and get Logitech gaming multimedia keyboard for 4k.

Coming to DDR3. It's price will come down after the introduction of Nehalem.

Last edited:
OP
G

geekrick

Right off the assembly line
Great Idea thanks......that crossfire one.
I had seen the reviews but was till now very skeptical about CF scaling.But as everyone has suggested ......... I'll wait and watch for some coming weeks...........
It'll be foolish to spend so much money hastily.
And btw, did you know that the intel NDA is ending on 4th of November? So we can expect to see official and legal reviews of the i7 processor in all its glory very soon.Can hardly waithttp://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif.

Thanks guys for all your work. As the new models come to the market and the situation stabilises I'll have to count upon you all for gettting the most VFM.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
glad u approve of my views..

corsair hx620W appears to be the best psu for the config u r intending to buy.

*www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hard...0-hd4850-crossfire-performance-review-15.html

4850 crossfire is taking about 200W in idle and efficiancy of corsair hx620w is maximum at 250W load ( 88% ). so u're good there.. the load power is well within 400W , so no issues there. .corsair hx620 can handle load upto 700W easily. .

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/371/9

The tx750W gives out about 60 mV of ripple at medium loads and gives upto 90 mV of ripple near full load. its pretty close to the max of 120 mV as power atx specs. .have a look.

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/505/5

In view of all these , i strongly recommend corsair hx620W.

and oh , will the OP be coming back to check this thread or is it to be closed ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Dude. What you mentioned is pretty good. But don't you think 620W will be too basic for a crossfire setup.

That too Core2Quad and dual HD4850 take lot of power.

just my two cents.

For single HD4850, a 500W PSU is necessary. I think you need atleast a 700W PSU for a crossfire setup.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^^ yes , even i used to think like that. .but my views have changed after seeing the numbers in reviews. .

*www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-15.html

here a Core2Extreme is used which i think consumes more power than c2q.

and here

*www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3354&p=8

and here's the testbed used *www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3354&p=3 . again a C2extreme ! . . and still power consumption under load is around 300 W . .even having a 100W margin of safety , corsair hx620 will pull it off easily. . .even a gtx280 SLI is consuming less than 550W !!!!

and lets remember that a 1000W psu will have max efficiancy around 400W and a 620W psu will have max efficiancy at around 250W .. if general usage is 200watt and the load being 400W , 620W psu is definitely my choice.. and the corsair tx750W has simply too much of ripple. .90 mV !! thats not at all good. .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Dude. don't come to a conclusion based on reviews.

My config is there in my sig. And after getting HD2600XT, extra HDD, I had to upgrade to 450W SMPS from 400W. I was unable to use my Creative soundcard with the 400W SMPS. After getting 450W SMPS, everything is working fine.

yes. sometimes 400W may work out. But that is not the case everytime. Once you start playing a graphic intense game, you do need a stable and continuous supply to every component on your PC and that is when the need of bigger SMPS kicks in.

And yes, I still do believe that you need to have a 700W SMPS for that CF config.

and BTW, HD4850 CF setup itself eats 300W power at normal load

at some reviews, the power consumption goes to 400W, sometimes goes to 376W

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@desiibond ,
No offense meant at all. I too had to change my psu from zebby 400W to CM 500W for the pathetic 8600GT to work without shutdowns .May i enquire as to the brand of the 400W you used which made you switch to a 450W psu ? i feel pretty confident you're pc ( for that matter , even mine ) will run perfectly fine on a antec earthwatts 380W psu.

If the op ( is he returning to this thread ? ) is still paranoid as many people going for X-fire are , then certainly 750W or higher psu will do very well .. A guy willing to pay that much money for his pc is not likely to bother about few percent decrease in efficiancy resulting in what ? 10rs increase in monthly electricity bill a month?

But i still feel corsair tx750W isnt a good choice. .
1. not good enough heatsink design. .temp inside psu reaches 75C ..
2. Too much ripple on the 12 volt rails..

corsair hx620w seemed to be good enough. .but higher wattage , yet low ripple , modular psu's are more than welcome.. might see the review of CM real power pro 850W , corsair hx1000W , antec 850W and above models.. but IMHO , he doesnt need them and is better off spending that money he saves buying a hx620w instead of a costlier psu on a asus sonar card or perhaps a custom cooler for the gfx card ..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@desiibond ,
No offense meant at all. I too had to change my psu from zebby 400W to CM 500W for the pathetic 8600GT to work without shutdowns .May i enquire as to the brand of the 400W you used which made you switch to a 450W psu ? i feel pretty confident you're pc ( for that matter , even mine ) will run perfectly fine on a antec earthwatts 380W psu.

If the op ( is he returning to this thread ? ) is still paranoid as many people going for X-fire are , then certainly 750W or higher psu will do very well .. A guy willing to pay that much money for his pc is not likely to bother about few percent decrease in efficiancy resulting in what ? 10rs increase in monthly electricity bill a month?

But i still feel corsair tx750W isnt a good choice. .
1. not good enough heatsink design. .temp inside psu reaches 75C ..
2. Too much ripple on the 12 volt rails..

corsair hx620w seemed to be good enough. .but higher wattage , yet low ripple , modular psu's are more than welcome.. might see the review of CM real power pro 850W , corsair hx1000W , antec 850W and above models.. but IMHO , he doesnt need them and is better off spending that money he saves buying a hx620w instead of a costlier psu on a asus sonar card or perhaps a custom cooler for the gfx card ..

You got me. Moved away from Zebronics cabinet.

Anyways, your suggestions looks good. Let's fix at 620W Corsair.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^^
cheap psu's have given me nightmares.and another cheap psu was giving out waves on my monitor everytime load became high. .it took me quite a while to realize it was a problem with the psu..

what is your view about intel making different sockets for mainstream and enthusiast proccys ?

@kpower mania , a few reviews and price will help the OP , i suppose..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
core i7 reviews are out.

sisoft sandra and everest shows that it's on a whole new level when compared to core2Quad.

Start real world tests like video encoding, ripping and zipping.

Video encoding: yes, they are blazing fast.

Word is that core i7 920, the cheapest processor will be priced at probably around $315 on the street.

I think it will be the processor to eye for.

Q9450 (18k is the current price) is no match for 920. It's neck-to-neck with 920 in gaming but when it comes to video encoding and in tasks that fully utilize multi core processors, it's way behind 920.

This is going to make life even worse for AMD as the 920 is 1.5x to 2x times faster than the fastest AMD phenom quad core.

But but but but

don't get excited.

the mobo and RAM for core i7 costs a bomb right now.

My prediction is that core i7 will start dictating terms from February or so. It is a very tricky situation for those who want to buy h/w now.

Now, kpower's advice to get E8400 for 8k based rig makes lot lot lot lot more sense.

core i7 need a new socket.

so, get a basic setup for now.

1) Processor: E7200 for 5.5k or E8200 for 7.5k
2) Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo-F: 5k
3) 2x2Gb Kingston DDR2 800Mhz RAM: 3k

If I have 90k in hand, I will not waste money on processor and mobo right now.

I will get one that has good resale value, wait for nehalem to stabilize (3-4 months), sell of current mobo proccy RAM and then get a killer proccy setup.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Dude, I said he can get a 790i mobo and DDR3 RAM so he wont have to buy RAM if he upgrades but your idea pwns mine.... go for a mid range setup.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. he can go for 790i mobo. but what will be the resale value of that mobo and how many will be interested later to buy it?

if it's mass h/w like MSI P45 Neo and ASUS P5Q board, there will be lot of hands to get it later when he puts it on sale and he will not lose much. :)

all the 790i boards cost 20k or more and 780i boards cost 15k. Once core i7 settles, selling this board will be a headache and he will lose atleast 4k-5k. And for a 5.5k board, if he sell after 4-5 months, he may lose maybe 1k-2k, not more than that.

Just my two cents.

PS: It will be really stupid now to go for core2Quad high end setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom