Suggest Configuration for Rs.75000-80000

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekrick

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy a new computer.
Budget: Rs. 75000 - 80000 and it should last me for a good 2 - 2.5 yrs.
Usage: I'll use it for gaming and hardcore software development.
Cpu: Should I opt for Bloomfield or will present Yorkfields be sufficient?Please suggest a model.....
Mobo:For nehalem I'll have to wait for the x58s and see if they fit my budget......but supposing yorkfield processors suggest me a good motherboard.
RAM:Should I go for 8gb or 4gb? also ddr2 or ddr3 ?coz in the future ddr3 prices will fall with increase in demand and ddr2 prices will rise due to less demand.....so if I need to upgrade in the future ddr3 will be more helpfull.....For now ddr3 prices are too much high so if i go the dd3 way then may be i'll be able to afford only 2gb and upgrade later when prices fall.
Graphics Card:This is the most important part..... I have got the 4850/4870 in my mind or may be 9800gtx+/gtx 260.....should i opt for Sli or CrossfireX? may be two 9800gt in sli ......
Please suggest.
Monitor:Should I go for a good 19" or entry level 22"? And model?
Please also suggest a good roomy cabinet and good psu......

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) APC 650VA UPS: 3k

2) Dell 228WFP : 15k

3) Intel Quad Core Q9450 : 15k

5) ASUS P5Q Pro : 8.5k

6) 2x2Gb Kingston DDR2 800 RAM: 3k

7) Western Digital 640Gb HDD: 3.5k

8) sony/samsung DVD writer: 1.1k

9) Cooler Master Elite 330 cabinet: 1.8k

10) CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600W : 3.5k

11) Sapphire HD4870 : 18k

12) Logitech Cordless Keyboard + Mouse MX 3200 Laser: 4k

13) Speakers based on you budget (Logitech/Altec Lansing/Creative)

Last edited:
OP
G

geekrick

Oh I forgot -
I already have a dvd writer and speaker set so i don't need them.Thank you
Any other ideas?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Here is a solution for you that would last for not 2yrs but 5yrs.

Get a decent PC for 40k + PS3/xbox360.

OP
G

geekrick

Thank you.........but I don't think the gaming consoles appeals to me that much.......
And moreover I need all the cpu gpu power for my software projects on general parallelism.....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
ASUS P5Q
2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
MSI GTX280
CoolerMaster Centurion 590
Corsair HX620W PSU
Dell E228WFP 22" LCD Monitor

totals to 78k. You can buy some cheap keyboard/mouse combo like Logitech Gaming G1 for 1.4k. Still leaves you 600bucks behind!!

acewin

Point Blanc
desi's config,
you can get 640GB from Seagate to is good.
Get Dell 24 inch monitor, soon the 2xx9 series will come.
Check Dell 2209 or 2409.
Dell 2409 price is quoted equal to 2208WFP so if it comes exactly same it will come in 16-17K in here.
bought Seagate 32 MB Buffer 640GB HDD, in 3650 bucks

Also I checked in Staples(Bangalore) they got Dell 24 inch monitor, said me price of 18K and around 19.5K total with taxes.

OP
G

geekrick

Hey guys.........great news.Budget has been upped to about 90000!!!!!!!!!

Any good idea?
Should i get a water cooler and do some heave overclocking or should I go for more graphics power?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
then, wait for another week. Intel Core i7 will be released.

Release date: November 17

Nehalem represents the largest architectural change in the Intel x86 family since the Pentium Pro in 1995. The Nehalem architecture has many new features. The ones that represent significant changes from the Core 2 include:

* The FSB is replaced by a QuickPath interface. This means that motherboards must use a chipset that supports QuickPath. As of October 2008[update], only the Intel X58 does this.
* The memory controller is on the processor, not in a separate chip, so the memory is directly connected to the processor.
* The memory controller supports three channels of memory, and each channel can support one or two DDR3 DIMMs. This means that motherboards for the Core i7 have three or six DIMM slots instead of two or four, and that DIMMs should be installed in sets of three, not two.
* The Core i7 only supports DDR3.
* Core i7 is a single-die device: all four cores, the memory controller, and all cache are on a single die.
* Core i7 cores re-implement Hyper-threading. Each of the four cores can process two threads simultaneously, so the processor appears to the OS as eight CPUs. This feature was present in the older Netburst architecure but was dropped in Core.
* Core i7 has an on-die shared 8MB L3 cache.
* Core i7 is not intended for multi-processor motherboards, so it has only one QuickPath interface.
* Core i7 uses 45nm process technology.
* Core i7 has 731M transistors.

three models will be released first and this is the expected price:

1) Core i7 920 2.66GHz at $284
2) Core i7 940 2.93GHz at $562
3) Core i7 965E 3.2GHz extreme edition at $999

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. And the performance is gain is very high over existing core2quad models.

On the other hand, there will be price drop for existing core2quad models. (donno when that is going to happen)

If you have 90k in hand, better get Nehalem a.k.a Core i7 as it is just around the corner.

$ value too will get better in a week or two which means that you will get h/w at better price.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Should be. Their usage is going to increase na.

It's better to play a wait and watch game. for a 30k-40k computer, I wouldn't suggest to wait but for 90k budget, it's worth to wait and get the rig once i7 comes out.

OP
G

geekrick

As you can see my first preference has been Bloomfield(NEHALEM).It's just awesome..................
But there are a few concerns regarding it.

1. The price ranges you have stated are valid for orders of 1000 procies from intel and retailers at the beginning often charge a premium.The i7 920 has been up there in US for preorder for about $450!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe that it'll take a good 2-3 months for the prices to gain sanity.But may be when it is actually launched ,it will be available at a better price.....so as you said it's best to wait and watch.But there are two more pressing issues.

2. The Motherboard manufacturers will be too eager to get their highest performing boards at first.....the lowest features can be seen on the MSI platinum x58.....but it's still one hell of a board.And there is going to be no mainstream chipset of the smackover(x58) like x48 had p45......the mainstream boards P55 are going to be launched with LGA1160 socket supporting Lynnfield and Havendale processors.
So maybe I'll have to churn out more than 40k for the mobo/procy combo alone.

3. Then there is the sweet little devil - ddr3 .
The ddr3 prices are going to drop when there is huge demand. I don't think that's going to happen until we see mass adoption of the nehalem procies.And for the price of 4gb ddr3 I can get hold of About 12 GB of DDR2!!!!!!!!!!

4. Then early adoption can often be marred by immature chipsets and processor bugs.
While chipset prob solns. will be only a BIOS update away .... I can't replace my processor for the later ones with better steppings.

5. And for the price drop..........INTEL has already dropped the prices recently and has set the stage for the bloomfield launch. The Q9400 , Q9550 and Q9650 have replaced Q9300,Q9450 and Q9550 at the same price points.And for the price of thousands the i7 920 is pitted against the Q9550(as per price) but performance wise beats the QX9770 marginally most of the time and sometimes falls between QX9770 and QX9650. But cosidering the premium of adoption at this stage...........i can say that the Q9550 oc to 3.4ghz can beat the i7 920 at a better price.
But these cons are far outweighed by the pros .....like the radically new architecture and the potential it holds and not to mention that the latest technolgy will soon be a thing of past.
And though oc with QPI and TURBO mode will be tricky...I bet it will oc like hell and will beat everything up against it.

Seems like the Core 2 Quad prices will drop again in the near future but when will the new pricing be reflected in the INDIAN market?????

I'm really confused........................please help me out considering all the points

Another thing www.core-i7.com states that the nehalem will be officially launched on 3rd NOV though tom's hardware and Anandtech states that it'll be 17th.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if that is the case, go for the rig now itself.

For 90k:

1) Q9400 - (12MB L2 cache 2.66Ghz 1333MHz FSB) Rs.14k
2) ASUS P5Q Pro : Rs.8.5k (I won't suggest spending more than 10k for mobo)
3) Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (2 X 2GB DDR2 800MhZ C5) : 5k
4) 2x 500Gb seagate sata2 HDD's with 32MB buffer: 7k (put them in RAID 0)
5) Dell 248WFP (order to be place from Dell online) : 17k
6) Thermaltake Xaser VI MX Series : 7k
7) Corsair 750W Power Supply(CMPSU750TX) : 7k
8)Palit HD4870 Sonic 512MB DDR5 256Bit Dual Slot Cooler: 17k
9) Logitech Dinovo Edge Cordless Keyboard : 9k (
10) Razer LACHESIS 4000dpi 3G laser mouse:4.5k
11) APC 650VA UPS: 3k

Logitech Dinovo edge: *www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/192&cl=US,EN

Refined, minimalist design: Laser cut from a single, semi-translucent piece of black Plexiglas® and set into a brushed-aluminum frame, the diNovo Edge keyboard makes a bold statement in the office or the living room.
* TouchDisc™ navigation: Move a finger up and down or across the disc to move the cursor. Move a finger in a circular motion around the perimeter of the TouchDisc to scroll horizontally and vertically through documents.
* Premium typing experience: Logitech's PerfectStroke™ key system makes each keystroke fluid and natural.
* Media controls: A touch-sensitive volume slider makes it easy to quickly adjust the computer's volume.
* Rechargeable: No need to replace batteries. Simply place the keyboard in the charging base – a two-hour charge yields up to two months of battery life.

Razer Lachesis:

* 4000dpi Razer Precision 3G Laser™ sensor
* 32KB Razer Synapse™ onboard memory
* Nine independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
* 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
* On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment
* Variable true dpi setting adjustments in increments of 125dpi
* Always-On™ mode
* Ultra-large non-slip buttons
* 16-bit ultra-wide data path
* 60-100 inches per second
* Ambidextrous design
* Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
* Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
* Gold-plated USB connector
* Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
* Approximate size: 129mm (length) x 71mm (width) x 40mm (height)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom