Suggest configuration for Gaming PC under 38k

varghesekiran

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Games like COD Ghost,Assasin Creed 4,NFS Rivals.
Apps -Netbeans,Eclipse.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:38k max,can extend 1k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Not needed,will be running win 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500 GB,flexible according to budget

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:i need a new monitor.18.5" wide may be(720p or FHD if available in budget), can be compromise the quality

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard,Mouse,headphones,speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within One month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Ernamkulam ,Can buy Online from Ebay , Flipkart, planning to buy one part at a time.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Please suggest me complete configuration., so that without any confusion i can go for it.,and i am not tensed about whether the games in future is compatible or not compatible.

Last edited:
AMD FX 6300 (7600)
Gigabyte 970A DS3 (5500)
Kingston hyperX blu, G.Skill ripjawsX, Corsair XMS or Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4 GB whichever is cheapest (2800)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Sapphire HD7770 (8000)
Antec VP450P (2700)
local cabinet without PSU (1000)
Logitech MK200 KB mouse combo (750)
Asus optical drive (1000)
Dell S2240L (9000)

total: ~40k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel i3 4130 -7500,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4GB -2800,
WD Blue 500GB -3300,
Sapphire HD7770 -7500,
Antec VP450P -2700,
NZXT Source Elite 210 -2900,
Logitech MK200 KB mouse combo -750,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8500.

Total:42,550.

Since you are not overclocking this is the best config you can get.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Intel i3 4130 -7500,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4GB -2800,
WD Blue 500GB -3300,
Sapphire HD7770 -7500,
Antec VP450P -2700,
NZXT Source Elite 210 -2900,
Logitech MK200 KB mouse combo -750,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8500.

Total:42,550.

Since you are not overclocking this is the best config you can get.

Please suggest me a good cabinet in that range other than NZXT Source Elite 210. Because it is very hard to find this gadget in online stores.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
AMD FX 6300 (7600)
Gigabyte 970A DS3 (5500)
Kingston hyperX blu, G.Skill ripjawsX, Corsair XMS or Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4 GB whichever is cheapest (2800)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Sapphire HD7770 (8000)
Antec VP450P (2700)
Dell S2240L (9000)

So can i play above mentioned games using this configuration.?
And does this motherboard supports upgrading the system in future.?
Just want to confirm it before i am starting to buy..:)

Last edited:
So can i play above mentioned games using this configuration.?
And does this motherboard supports upgrading the system in future.?
Just want to confirm it before i am starting to buy..:)

You'll be able to play all games at medium settings. If you can further increase your budget by ~2k then HD7790 will be even better. You can skip the optical drive too for that as it's not very useful now.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
You'll be able to play all games at medium settings. If you can further increase your budget by ~2k then HD7790 will be even better. You can skip the optical drive too for that as it's not very useful now.

One of my friend told me that "Buy a better processor,one that is launched in the last year.
And try if you can play games in medium settings.
If u can then go like that for some months then buy gpu"

Any comments on his statement..?

praneetsah

Broken In
One of my friend told me that "Buy a better processor,one that is launched in the last year.
And try if you can play games in medium settings.
If u can then go like that for some months then buy gpu"

Any comments on his statement..?

Are you serious? Mate, in gaming, everything's dependent on your GPU. CPU is just like something which supports the GPU. Just make sure that you don't bottleneck your GPU by getting a poor CPU. Most of the CPU come with built in GPU but that GPU makes no sense, so it's recommended to invest as much as possible on GPU and try to have a CPU which doesn't bottleneck your GPU. BTW CPU is mostly used for apps, coz of their multi-thread-ing nature.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD FX 6300 (7600)
Gigabyte 970A DS3 (5500)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Sapphire HD7770 (8000)
Antec VP450P (2700)
Dell S2240L (9000)

A Little modified suggestion :D .. Op can save 2k by going with ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2. 2 - 2.5K more by opting for a 20 inch monitor. 1K if he skips ODD. Now with all these savings he can opt for a R7 260x or better GTX 650 Ti Boost [ i Know it's over ambitious but still ]. He can also wait to increase his budget for upcoming R7 265 or to get a R9 270[x]

URPradhan

Journeyman
A Little modified suggestion :D .. Op can save 2k by going with ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2. 2 - 2.5K more by opting for a 20 inch monitor. 1K if he skips ODD. Now with all these savings he can opt for a R7 260x or better GTX 650 Ti Boost [ i Know it's over ambitious but still ]. He can also wait to increase his budget for upcoming R7 265 or to get a R9 270[x]
AMD introduces new midrange Radeon R7 265, slashes entry-level GPU pricing | ExtremeTech

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman

Hey topgear,

My budget is little tight and i want to make most of it. So please help me with this

AMD FX 6300/intel core i5 ?
Gigabyte 970A DS3 / Can i do more upgrades with this motherboard ?
Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4 GB
Seagate Barracuda (ST500DM002) 500 GB
Sapphire HD7770 / please suggest some NVidia GPU at this range or some lower level,coz i just saw so many nvidia Gpu at flipkart in the range of 3000-5000.(I got an info that Nvidia is best in GPU)
Antec VP450P / Cooler Master Thunder-450w ? Does this power suppy is good..?
antec-x1 CPU Cabinet
LG optical drive / shall avoid it
Dell e2014h

Last edited:

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
.....what?
Did I just read that 3k nvidia gpu's are better than 7770 o_O
Whoever gave you that information seriously has his brains at the wrong place.

Hey topgear,

My budget is little tight and i want to make most of it. So please help me with this

Sapphire HD7770 / please suggest some NVidia GPU at this range or some lower level,coz i just saw so many nvidia Gpu at flipkart in the range of 3000-5000.(I got an info that Nvidia is best in GPU)
antec-x1 CPU Cabinet
Dell e2014h

> There is nothing like "X brand is the best brand in Y products" crap. Every company has good and bad products and every company leads in some or the other price segment. Please do some research (no offense).

> CM Thunder is a crap product. Avoid it as ALL costs.

> Stick to the config I originally suggested. If you have any problem with it, as here.

Piyush

Lanaya
please suggest some NVidia GPU at this range or some lower level,coz i just saw so many nvidia Gpu at flipkart in the range of 3000-5000.(I got an info that Nvidia is best in GPU)

Hi
First of all, make sure if you are going to follow our advice, then you better do it. Because I've seen it n number of times that people asking for suggestions here and then going to local store and buying whatever the shopkeeper guy suggests. This reason alone made me stopped posting suggestions.

See bro, there is nothing like this brand is better than other one. We see a new arrival of product every 4-6 months. And that changes the market state. When you plan to buy thing, you check the reviews, its performance over many platforms/softwares/applications/games/etc. When we talk about GPU, we have to settle down for that item which will give best performance per currency spent. And thats not all, we also have to check for possible scenarios of its compatibility with other hardware (whether there will be bottlenecking) and such stuff. And manyyy more technicalities ranging from average frame rates to ambient temperature of your room. So never ever blindly follow any advice from X guy even if you are not from tech related field. Forums like these are there to help you out.

Over to your problem now. Some things I wanna ask. Do you really wish to go for 22" LCD or you can accept a 20" monitor. I'm asking this because 22" screen have native resolution of 1080p where as the 20" screen offers 900p . You budget is suitable for 20" screen and a entry-mid range gfx card, that is, around 12k-15k price. IF you follow Topgear's advice, you'll save enough to buy a good GPU and that what you really need to play those game at good settings. One more thing, go for FX series CPU or new gen Intel i3 dual core, but I'd strongly suggest to go for AMD one because, I'm using machines with different setups at office for web/software development and by far AMD FX cpu was the best one (ignoring the Mac which have Intel i7 chip in it).

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Hi
First of all, make sure if you are going to follow our advice, then you better do it. Because I've seen it n number of times that people asking for suggestions here and then going to local store and buying whatever the shopkeeper guy suggests. This reason alone made me stopped posting suggestions.

See bro, there is nothing like this brand is better than other one. We see a new arrival of product every 4-6 months. And that changes the market state. When you plan to buy thing, you check the reviews, its performance over many platforms/softwares/applications/games/etc. When we talk about GPU, we have to settle down for that item which will give best performance per currency spent. And thats not all, we also have to check for possible scenarios of its compatibility with other hardware (whether there will be bottlenecking) and such stuff. And manyyy more technicalities ranging from average frame rates to ambient temperature of your room. So never ever blindly follow any advice from X guy even if you are not from tech related field. Forums like these are there to help you out.

Over to your problem now. Some things I wanna ask. Do you really wish to go for 22" LCD or you can accept a 20" monitor. I'm asking this because 22" screen have native resolution of 1080p where as the 20" screen offers 900p . You budget is suitable for 20" screen and a entry-mid range gfx card, that is, around 12k-15k price. IF you follow Topgear's advice, you'll save enough to buy a good GPU and that what you really need to play those game at good settings. One more thing, go for FX series CPU or new gen Intel i3 dual core, but I'd strongly suggest to go for AMD one because, I'm using machines with different setups at office for web/software development and by far AMD FX cpu was the best one (ignoring the Mac which have Intel i7 chip in it).

Hi Piyush ,

Thanks for your reply. I am gonna assemble my PC based on the specs provided by you guys. But i need to be confident before i am going to buy this, that why i am asking all these questions :lol: and also budget is a problem.
Now about the monitor, i already mention it in my above comment, its Dell e2014h 19.5inch display.
So you are suggesting me that i should go for ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2. 2 and to not compromise in gfx card..?
Sure bro, i will buy amd FX series for processor.

Hi

Even I did this when I was purchasing my PC... and I highly regret it now :(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hey topgear,

antec-x1 CPU Cabinet
Dell e2014h

what upgrades do you mean? get WD hdd than seagate as they have bad rma experience. look no further than antec vp450p. we are suggesting best for your money. so give some attention on the suggested rig.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
what upgrades do you mean? get WD hdd than seagate as they have bad rma experience. look no further than antec vp450p. we are suggesting best for your money. so give some attention on the suggested rig.

In future i need to add or modify current configuration, so i want to know that does this motherboard supports upgrading.
And can i fix this comfiguration..?

AMD FX 6300 | 7322
asus m5a78l m lx v2.2 | 3400
Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4 GB | 2794
Seagate Barracuda (ST500DM002) Internal Hard Drive (500GB) | 3316
Sapphire HD7770 | 8162
Antec VP450P | 2625
antec-x1 CPU Cabinet | 2350
LG GH24NS71/GH24NS72/GH24NS95 Internal Optical Drive | 1029
Dell e2014h | 6344
Local computer table | 1500

Total 38842

I am happy with this configuration, is this an ok configuration..?
Can i play games like Assassin's creed black flag, Arkham city, GTA 4 with full graphics..?

Top Bottom