Suggest best config <50k

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Pl suggest a best config for lessthan 50k.
needs separate rigs for intel and AMD platform.

My top priority
> reliable and stable Motherboard (Asus/Gigabyte only)
> built in GPU
> USB 3.0.
> Chasis

Main Usage : HTPC

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Can you fill the below questionnaire so we can suggest you a good config!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:
4. Planning to overclock?
A:
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

mind021

Broken In
nice questionnaire. surely would help the questioner to realise what he really wants.
i am copying the questions for my future use. hope its not copyright infringement. :)

thanks again buddy

mavihs

Techie By Heart
nice questionnaire. surely would help the questioner to realise what he really wants.
i am copying the questions for my future use. hope its not copyright infringement. :)

thanks again buddy
i've given the questionnaire for ever1 to use! there is even a sticky thread in the Q&A section!

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Multimedia and rare gaming
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 50000
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1TB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 1600 x 1200
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 8
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: yes frequently
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: this month end
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes surely
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: nothing specifically
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: chennai i can purchase anything within chennai.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
already told in oT

bobby23

Broken In
INTEL

Intel Core i5 – 750 = Rs. 10,100
Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 = Rs. 7,350
2GB DDR3 Kingston = Rs. 2,500
500GB*2 Seagate HDD = Rs. 4,050
MSI ATI 5770 1GB = Rs. 10,000
Dell 2410ST = Rs. 12,000
Corsair CX400W or VX450W = Rs. 3,000 / Rs. 3,800
Zebronics Multimedia Keyboard and Optical Mouse = Rs. 350
Cabinet CM elite 310 = Rs. 1,500

TOTAL = Rs. 50,850 (400W) / 51,650 (450W)

AMD

AMD PHENOM 1055T = Rs. 10,200
Gigabyte MA78GMT-USB3 = Rs. 5,850
2GB DDR3 Kingston = Rs. 2,500
500GB Seagate HDD*2 = Rs. 4,050
MSI ATI 5770 1GB = Rs. 10,000
Dell 2410ST = Rs. 12,000
Corsair CX400W or VX450W = Rs. 3,000 / Rs. 3,800
Zebronics Multimedia Keyboard and Optical Mouse = Rs. 350
Cabinet CM elite 310 = Rs. 1,500

TOTAL = Rs. 49,450 (400W) / 50,250 (450W)

These prices are approximate. I am sure you will get most of the components for lesser price.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
go with any you want -

INTEL -

Core i5 750 @ 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 @ 7k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.1k
Zotac GTX460 768MB GDDR5 @ 12k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB * 2 @ 4k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k
Logitech Keyboard & Mouse @ 0.7k

Total - 52.5k

AMD -

Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @ 9.5k
MSI 890GXM-G65 @7k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.1k
Zotac GTX460 768MB GDDR5 @ 12k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB * 2 @ 4k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k
Logitech Keyboard & Mouse @ 0.7k

Total - 52.5k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ looks good.

@OP, go with the AMD one. if the config crossing your budget, get the VX450W. and for mobo get 785G-880G based. rest keep everything same.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
well..
but nobody suggest Asus MB.. actually i have planned to buy Asus Motherboard (AMD+Nvidia platform) as most reviews stats asus is one of the reliable brand with lots of features..
Any specific reasons for not suggesting Asus?

Also i would like to invest more money to Motherboard than processor. so any other premium boards available in Gigabyte /Asus.?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Wake up, bro. It is history now. Asus Mobo's are becoming crap now-a-days. (I am a proud owner of ASUS Mobo :D ). So trust me, Gigabyte and MSI are the one's in the race and you wont regret buying any of these.
If you want NVIDIA+AMD, go for config suggested by Jaskanwar Singh, make few changes to match with ur budget. Thats it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
actually reviews are the trailers. they always feels exciting. but your get the real experience once you watch the movie (buy the mobo & waste your hard earned money on it). only than you you know if its a hit or a flop. so take your step carefully. visit newegg & read user reviews on the mobo you want to buy. should give you an early idea of what to expect.

fatalcore

Journeyman
^+1

absolutely.
if u like asus, just shoot for premium boards.12K+
they are really good , but honestly the lower boards are craps.simply craps.....

i own the gigabyte board , its north bridge is really getting hot ! really hot.....it was 7k approx.but now i m thinking either buy below 5k or buy above 12k.....

Top Bottom