Suggest Android Phone Under 8k *strict*

echo9

Broken In
Hi all!,
I am buying my first android.
(My phone Broke :'( )
Have thought of these models, please tell me their current price (cheapest available in Delhi/Noida). Wouldn't mind going to Karol Bagh, Gaffar market etc.

UPDATE: >> current upped budget stands at max 9k instead of earlier 8k<<

1. Huawei X3 U8510
2. Vodafone smart 858 (Huawei U8160)
3. Micromax A70

- I need a phone which is capable of upgrading its basic android version to atleast 2.3.x (heard micromax a70 is not capable of but people are coming up with interesting things day by day :-D)

- a decent camera (pushing for Huawei X3 as it as a front facing camera :mrgreen: + a 3.2 MP Auto Focus at back)

- if available want to go for a 3.2" screen MUST be capacitive or 2.8" capacitive

- solid build quality
- decent battery life

Suggestions............ :-D

ETA to buy: ASAP (this weekend maybe; if i din't find some time in between my office hours :( )

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/152586-reasons-not-buy-cheap-andros.html
Dont buy any of phones you mentioned. They are bad.

you could get this Galaxy Y
but recommended to get something a bit costlier like Explorer or Optimus Net :wink:

OP
echo9

echo9

Broken In
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/152586-reasons-not-buy-cheap-andros.html
Dont buy any of phones you mentioned. They are bad.

you could get this Galaxy Y
but recommended to get something a bit costlier like Explorer or Optimus Net :wink:

Huawei == cheap? um.? :shock:

Huawei is a member of the OHA (Open Handset Alliance) and is coming up gradually in worldwide markets.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lack of proper service has hold back Huawei till now here.

at 9k, get LG Optimus Net, Motorola Fire XT or try to grab HTC Explorer.

aroraanant

Explorer
All the phones you have listed are just piece of a crap.
Just one suggestion, get HTC Explorer for ~8k from ebay or tradus

sky770

Journeyman
All the phones you have listed are just piece of a crap.
Just one suggestion, get HTC Explorer for ~8k from ebay or tradus

Frankly speaking, HTC explorer suks for me.. It ain't good! (sry for hurting HTC fan boys feelings here but "explorer" is a waste of money at that price point.)

Its camera is simply just not having auto focus, no flash. The design is simple, glossy. eww :p moreover its cam is a 3mp cam.

by adding or deducting some more money somebody can go in for phones like Huawei x3 U8510 or even the Moto fire XT or upcoming Moto defy mini (not sure of mini's price :| )

aroraanant

Explorer
Ya I know that the camera of Explorer is not that good.But the design is ok.
But the screen as well the touch is very good.Thtats why I recommend it.

red dragon

Master troll
Like your strict budget...I have a strict solution....ditch the idea of buying an Android within 10k.
Basically you are wasting TEN THOUSAND bucks!Think about it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Like your strict budget...I have a strict solution....ditch the idea of buying an Android within 10k.

absolutely true. even custom rom doesn't help much. the screen & the processor are the biggest limiting factor. Android is best enjoyed with a 3.7" or bigger screen with WVGA or higher resolution. But for first time smartphone buyers, 3.2" should be enough but a 3.7-4" will be a treat to use.

Somil

Right off the assembly line
how about Huawei U8510 IDEOS X3 of 6.5k
BODY Dimensions 110 x 56.5 x 11.2 mm
Weight 104 g

Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.2 inches (~180 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch
CAMERA Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus
Features Geo-tagging
Video Yes, 480p
Secondary Yes, VGA

nice one man

orrrr

Micromax A75
BODY Dimensions 120 x 63.5 x 10.9 mm
Weight 135.4 g
- Touch-sensitive controls

microSD, up to 32GB
Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, image stabilization
Video Yes
Secondary Yes, VGA

price 8000 to 8050

also good

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Its no fun of jumping(replying) to old thread.
And the OP has already created a new thread as stated above and also he has already bought a mobile.

I requests mods to close this thread.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
IMO , save some more money.. get the savings to 12 k and get sammy galaxy ACE.. it has got good screen and sammy has great after sales service..

if you cant then go for some really cheap china handsets to use i mean 1-2 k android ones..
use it for 6 months or so .. till then you must have 12 -13 k and then go for the galaxy ace or other model sammy releases...( i heard its releasing some mid range droid phones over the next six months..it keeps releasing droid phones every two months or so..
)

guys also suggest any LG handsets..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Sorry to post in a thread which is suppose to close down till now. But I had to reply.
Your quote may be true to some extent. But there are exceptions though. I am enjoying my Optimus One very much. Beautiful design. Excellent dev support. And > 24 hours of battery life with custom ROM and normal usage.

And it had cost me Rs 9k.

So I falsify your claim. :)

Top Bottom