Suggest an smartphone with Good Camera , Battery and Overall Performance b/w 5 Phones

akii17kr

Journeyman
I have shortlisted 5 phones(Need SD CARD) out of which i want the smartphone with best camera/video quality , Battery backup , Overall Performance including Gaming.

Budget is 13K max

Please Suggest on the basis of your real usage not based on Tech Specs.

Shortlisted Phones:

1) Lenovo A7000
2) Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML (8 GB ,2GB RAM)
3) Huawei Honor 4X

4) Nokia Lumia 730
5) Lumia 640

I'm only comparing the Battery Life , Camera Performance and Overall Performance of the device(Gaming) ,build quality.
Software Update is Priority too.

I'm totally confused b/w all these and already spend my entire time still couldn't make right decision.
Money is not problem as i just want my required things to be the best.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will not find a better camera than lumia 730 even on a 20k iphone 5c,get it with eyes closed unless you specifically need some apps/features unavailable on windows mobile os(btw all WP phone will get windows 10 too later this year).

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman
Remove Zenfone 2 from list because of poor camera quality and replace it with Yureka.

Does Zenfon 2 Camera is that Bad compare to all ?
Even if Yureka is better in Camera I'm not suggesting this as it has Bad battery Backup and not good after sale support.

Can you please suggest on solely on the basis of real lie experience on my shortlisted phones please.

- - - Updated - - -

You will not find a better camera than lumia 730 even on a 20k iphone 5c,get it with eyes closed unless you specifically need some apps/features unavailable on windows mobile os(btw all WP phone will get windows 10 too later this year).

I've heard a lot about lumia 730 camera but Gsmarena doesn't seem happy with it.
Okay , I will mostly be using Messaging apps whatsapp , hike , viber etc Internet , Social Media Apps Facebook bla bla and Good Camera music and Video playback capability.
Apps are not a issue as WP 10 will bring more android apps inWP.

So but GSMarena states lumia 730 doesn't have good battery and lumia 640 has very good battery than 730

I'm totally confused.
Priority
Android>Windows (only if my requirements are not fulfilled with android)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already posted what you need but [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] will be able to give you a real life experience review of lumia 730 which according to him has a bit better camera than iphone 5c & better battery performance.

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman
I already posted what you need but [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] will be able to give you a real life experience review of lumia 730 which according to him has a bit better camera than iphone 5c & better battery performance.

Don't compare it with iPhone ,compare it with lumia 640 and other shortlisted android phones.

the.one

In the zone

Only the front cam of 730 maybe better than iPhone 5c.

If ur saying about comparing it with the iPhone 5c rear cam, then it has to be a joke. I have 720 with same 6.7 mp unit as 730 & iPhone 5c both at home. IPhone 5c produces much better shots than even the 13mp cam on my desire 816.

That 6.7 mp cam is good for low light shots, but otherwise iPhone 5c beats it by a mile.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I can confirm 730 has excellent battery life and an exceptional camera
640 and 730 battery life is more or less equal

My 720 lasts me 1.5-2 days with ease of normal usage and easily over a day of extreme usage

for camera , 730's 6.7mp(Zeiss) is a great snapper,especially in low light where it absolutely blows every other phone away
640's 8mp is NOT a Zeiss sensor unlike the 730's 6.7mp but it still good enough to blow away the competition except the 730

as for the other mentioned androids,the Lumias 730 and 640 will easily beat the other mentioned phones in battery,camera and even performance since WP is very very light on the hardware and is deadly smooth and it just gets better with each update unlike android

I wouldnt follow gsmarena reviews because I believe the best reviews come from actual owners in forums who have used it for a long time on a regular basis
These reviewers just use these phones for a week tops,then they move on to the next phone because how else would they post reviews about multiple phones if they use the same phone for a long period

Please feel free to ask more if you have any doubts
I highly suggest watching Pocketnow reviews since they are generally unbiased and provide a good amount of detail both pros and cons

-coming from an owner of a 2 year old 720(very similar hardware,parts etc as the 730 except for the amoled display found on the 730) and a Nexus 5

- - - Updated - - -

Only the front cam of 730 maybe better than iPhone 5c.

If ur saying about comparing it with the iPhone 5c rear cam, then it has to be a joke. I have 720 with same 6.7 mp unit as 730 & iPhone 5c both at home. IPhone 5c produces much better shots than even the 13mp cam on my desire 816.

That 6.7 mp cam is good for low light shots, but otherwise iPhone 5c beats it by a mile.

^^ Not true, I owned an iphone 5 in the past(now replaced with Nexus 5) and have compared it with my 720
while the iphone 5/5c snapper is better than most,its not enough to beat the 6.7mp on the 720

- - - Updated - - -

explain this-
*thehandheldblog.com/2013/05/30/camera-shoot-out-iphone-5-v-lumia-928-v-lumia-720/
and this-
*gadgetstouse.com/full-reviews/lumia-720-vs-iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4/4805

- - - Updated - - -

the 720/730's 6.7mp is a Carl Zeiss snapper with an aperture of F1.9 , it excels in low light

Shortlisted Phones:

1) Lenovo A7000
2) Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML (8 GB ,2GB RAM)
3) Huawei Honor 4X

4) Nokia Lumia 730
5) Lumia 640

You can remove Zenfone 2 from the list as SaiyanGoku suggested

Comparing A7000 & Honor 4X, 4X has better display, camera & battery life & also lesser heating compared to A7000, whereas A7000 has better sound, is lighter by around 30g, more internal memory(4X has 4GB usable) & already running Lollipop.......... I say you can remove A7000 too... I have researched about these phones as I had to decide a phone for my dad. I have ordered 4X, which I will get this week, I will post a small review by next weekend

So what remains are 730, 640 & 4X..... (I personally think 730 is better)

Now you have to decide on the basis of what OS you need & what screen size .....

For gaming I personally think android will be better due to much larger no. of game releases compared to WP & piracy ...
Honor 4X will receive lollipop update before the year ends..... It's slow but will be worth the wait i hope !!

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman

Comparing A7000 & Honor 4X, 4X has better display, camera & battery life & also lesser heating compared to A7000, whereas A7000 has better sound, is lighter by around 30g, more internal memory(4X has 4GB usable) & already running Lollipop.......... I say you can remove A7000 too... I have researched about these phones as I had to decide a phone for my dad. I have ordered 4X, which I will get this week, I will post a small review by next weekend

Now you have to decide on the basis of what OS you need & what screen size .....

For gaming I personally think android will be better due to much larger no. of game releases compared to WP & piracy ...
Honor 4X will receive lollipop update before the year ends..... It's slow but will be worth the wait i hope !!

How about Comparison betwen Honor 4X vs honor 4C vs Vs Xiaomi Mi4i just on the basis of Camera and battery , More stable and less heating issues and Value for money device ?

- - - Updated - - -

How about Comparison betwen Honor 4X vs honor 4C vs Vs Xiaomi Mi4i just on the basis of Camera and battery , More stable and less heating issues and Value for money device ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Does Zenfon 2 Camera is that Bad compare to all ?
Even if Yureka is better in Camera I'm not suggesting this as it has Bad battery Backup and not good after sale support.

Can you please suggest on solely on the basis of real lie experience on my shortlisted phones please.

Yureka has good battery backup, lasting ~1.5-2 days with 6-7 hours on screen time on single full charge.

I think kirin 620 of Honor 4C will have better CPU processing power than S410 of 4X [STRIKE]but GPU of 4X i.e adreno 306 is better than Mali 450, so 4X is better for gaming.[/STRIKE] Mali450 MP4 is better than adreno 306 in terms of raw power, but 306 being a qualcomm soc, games would be better optimized as most of the smartphones have a qualcomm soc..... I can't say much

Xiaomi Mi4i is a better VFM choice sub 15k. It has a great screen & camera. S615 is any day better than S410 but its lack of SD card slot is a big con. Heating issue has been allegedly reported to have been solved with an update. Mi4i surely heats more than 4X

Last edited:

the.one

In the zone
^^ Not true, I owned an iphone 5 in the past(now replaced with Nexus 5) and have compared it with my 720
while the iphone 5/5c snapper is better than most,its not enough to beat the 6.7mp on the 720

The shots I have taken with my 720 & iphone 5c the pics were more detailed on zoom with 5c. Plus the exposure was more balanced, with a faster focus and shutter speed, which made the overall photo taking experience better.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The shots I have taken with my 720 & iphone 5c the pics were more detailed on zoom with 5c. Plus the exposure was more balanced, with a faster focus and shutter speed, which made the overall photo taking experience better.

not true
quite the opposite actually

$hadow

Geek in making
Never judge a picture after clicking and seeing it on the phone. Take it to a computer and than observe if you are comparing.

Top Bottom