suggest an motherboard

bestpain

good advicer
need a motherboard under 5k which supports till core i7,has minimum 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz support,has 2 pci slot one of 3.0 slot,2 usb 3.0,2 SATA 6Gb/s slots

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, you can't get a Motherboard with two PCI-E 3.0 X16 slots at 5K. That is available with high end 10K+ Z77 Motherboards. All the sub 7K boards come with one PCI-E 3.0 X16 slot running at X16 speed and one PCI-E 2.0 X16 slot, running at X4 speed. One point, for utilizing PCI-E 3.0 bandwitdh, you need to use a Third Gen Intel Core series or Ivy Bridge Processor like i3 3220 or above. The PCI-E Controller is integrated inside the CPU die in case of Intel Processors and currently only Ivy Bridge series does have PCI-E 3.0 controller. So if any Sandy Bridge based CPU like i3 2100, i5 2400 is plugged into any of B75, H77 or Z77 chipset based Motherboard, then the PCI-E 3.0 X16 lane will operate at PCI-E 2.0 X16 speed.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
cilus,i need a mobo with 2 pci slots and one pci slot should be 3.0 and i will purchase a i3 3220 also....and ati readon 7770 hd....suggest

cilus,i need a mobo with 2 pci slots and one pci slot should be 3.0 and i will purchase a i3 3220 also....and ati readon 7770 hd....suggest

The board I suggested fills your requirement. (two pciex16 slots; one is pciex16 3.0 running at x16 and the other is pciex16 2.0 running at x4)
Did you really read what Cilius wrote?

saswat23

Human Spambot
In the first post he asked for a mobo supporting i7. Then he said he would be getting and i3. So, that's actually confusing.

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, OP needs both CPU and Motherboard. He is planning to buy an i 3220. OP, are you going to buy both the CPU and Motherboard now or just the Motherboard? In case you're planning for both, mention the total budget as Saswat asked in earlier post.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the first post he asked for a mobo supporting i7. Then he said he would be getting and i3. So, that's actually confusing.

Op has choosen a Z77 mobo and mentioned about i7 suport - so I assiume Op will get a core i7 K series cpu later.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
^
For a budget of 5k?

K, lets wait for OP's reply.

i mentioned that the mobo should support till core i7 and i want to buy mobo and cpu both....for cpu its core i3 3220......can extend my budget to 6k in mobo.......i have read posts that h77 and b75 mobo does not support overclock so i will stick with an b75 model having 16 gb min ram ,2 pci slots one of 3.0 ....to do crossfire with msi 7770 ,i am building a totally new gaming rig just need parts that can be used in future upgrade or be future proof..

saswat23

Human Spambot
Forget multi GPU setup with B75 or H77. Performance will decrease.
Better get a single powerful card instead of dual card. If you get a powerful AMD card you can add a NVIDIA card in the second slot as a PhysX card.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
Forget multi GPU setup with B75 or H77. Performance will decrease.
Better get a single powerful card instead of dual card. If you get a powerful AMD card you can add a NVIDIA card in the second slot as a PhysX card.

ohh thats something new....can a pc have both nvidia and amd card installed?

Top Bottom