Suggest a PSU...

jun19

Deadly Digital
HI guys,

well am really satisfied with sam's suggestion :) . I was going through Corsair PSUs, and i found their series, HX and TX for 650W. Any idea which is better one? Price of HX is little higher than TX, but when i used their power calculation app. it didnt show TX for config without graphics card, but while checking with graphics card(5870 or 480) it recommended TX as well. So bit confusion. Thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HI guys,

well am really satisfied with sam's suggestion :) . I was going through Corsair PSUs, and i found their series, HX and TX for 650W. Any idea which is better one? Price of HX is little higher than TX, but when i used their power calculation app. it didnt show TX for config without graphics card, but while checking with graphics card(5870 or 480) it recommended TX as well. So bit confusion. Thanks in advance.

HX = a modular TX. no more difference. for supporting HD5870 or GTX480, you'll need TX650W or equivalent.

jun19

Deadly Digital
OK...Any suggestions on configuration, i mean any better h/w for the same budget.

AMD Phenom2 X4 955 BE
Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3(1333 MHZ)
WD 500 GB
Samsung P2250

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
OK...Any suggestions on configuration, i mean any better h/w for the same budget.

AMD Phenom2 X4 955 BE
Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3(1333 MHZ)
WD 500 GB
Samsung P2250

change that motherboard. get MSI or Gigabyte. or even Biostar or Asrock. you'll face several issues with that motherboard. from sound to IGP issues. AVOID ASUS. also after you faced problem don't expect an easy route to replacement. only after you deal with those Rashi Peripherals bustards you can expect something. so better skip all these unnecessary tension. skip Asus motherboards.

jun19

Deadly Digital
is it..? I had a good experience with ASUS with my previous board, but i didnt use any external graphic card though. Sam, can u please let me know an equivalent featured motherboard in MSI or GIGABYTE. I would be getting this by coming weekend. Now am really in dilemma, i had many hopes from this board since all the reviews and all are good in most of the sites which i went through. Thanks again Sam.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
is it..? I had a good experience with ASUS with my previous board, but i didnt use any external graphic card though. Sam, can u please let me know an equivalent featured motherboard in MSI or GIGABYTE. I would be getting this by coming weekend. Now am really in dilemma, i had many hopes from this board since all the reviews and all are good in most of the sites which i went through. Thanks again Sam.

if your budget for a mobo is 5.5k then MSI 785G-E53.if you can spend around 7.5k then MSI 890GXM-G65 is a good buy. MSI 880GMA-E45 at 6k is also great.
choose your budget and hence the mobo.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if your budget for a mobo is 5.5k then MSI 785G-E53.if you can spend around 7.5k then MSI 890GXM-G65 is a good buy. MSI 880GMA-E45 at 6k is also great.
choose your budget and hence the mobo.

my vote for MSI 785G E53 @ 5.3k

other options:
MSI 785GM E65 @ 5.5k
Gigabyte GA785GMT-UD2H @ 4.5k
MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 6k (you get Sata 3.0 & USB 3.0)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
my vote for MSI 785G E53 @ 5.3k

other options:
MSI 785GM E65 @ 5.5k
Gigabyte GA785GMT-UD2H @ 4.5k
MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 6k (you get Sata 3.0 & USB 3.0)

bit confused!!
at smc i find Gigabyte GA785GMT-US2H also at 4.6k
BTW I already mentioned the last option

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

ud2h & us2h are almost identical.only difference is that ud2h supports gigabyte turbo charge and dolby surround sound. so hoe can it be priced lower than us2h!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
bit confused!!
at smc i find Gigabyte GA785GMT-US2H also at 4.6k
BTW I already mentioned the last option

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

ud2h & us2h are almost identical.only difference is that ud2h supports gigabyte turbo charge and dolby surround sound. so hoe can it be priced lower than us2h!!!

oops thanks. was a typo. BTW what is this turbo charge? iPad charging or what?

Thanks Sam once again :)

my pleasure buddy :p

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
turbo 3d(source gigabyte)--

Turbo Charge Your Graphics Performance
Unleash extra levels of 2D/3D graphics performance with GIGABYTE Turbo 3D technology. GIGABYTE Turbo 3D provides a smoother viewing experience for HD video playback or web flash animations and delivers a greater gaming experience for 3D games. GIGABYTE Turbo 3D dynamically boosts the GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) clock frequency by automatically detecting the graphics loading when processing 2D/3D graphics, allowing the graphics core clock to operate faster during heavy loading and delivering a more enhanced graphics experience.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
turbo 3d(source gigabyte)--

Turbo Charge Your Graphics Performance
Unleash extra levels of 2D/3D graphics performance with GIGABYTE Turbo 3D technology. GIGABYTE Turbo 3D provides a smoother viewing experience for HD video playback or web flash animations and delivers a greater gaming experience for 3D games. GIGABYTE Turbo 3D dynamically boosts the GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) clock frequency by automatically detecting the graphics loading when processing 2D/3D graphics, allowing the graphics core clock to operate faster during heavy loading and delivering a more enhanced graphics experience.

looks like a Gigabyte version of Asus GPU NOS. it OC the IGP to give more firepower (IGP too slow. automatic OC will yield nothing). useless. anyway thanks for the info buddy :p

jun19

Deadly Digital
Hey guys,

Thanks for ur suggestions. I got Corsair VX 550W. It looks super duper strong, with lot of well organised, different cables and a beautiful Corsair sticker as well :)

@Sam and Jaskanwar: Guys I could not give up on motherboard, since I had it in my mind from couple of months. The models(MSI 5.5k to 6k) which u guys mentioned were not available, so I had to go with Asus M4A785TD-V Evo. So far no issues, everything went fine with default BIOS settings and also onboard 4200 plays cool(just tried Far Cry at 1080 res.). Need to check with other games till I get a good gfx card.

Thanks

Piyush

Lanaya
^^AMD's onbored gfx are supercool
i'm running farcry2 on 4250 with all medium settings at 1024 resolution with no lag at all
:)

Top Bottom