Suggest a PSU...

Swift

Broken In
Hi...

I have this downloading rig but its been giving me problems lately and the psu seems to be the core of the problem... So can u please suggest a suitable supply..
System specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ proccy
1.5 gig RAM
Asus K8V-MX Mobo
250 gig Seagate HDD
160 gig WD HDD
Ati Radeon 9800 AGP gfx card
A DVD writer

Its an old pc so i dont want to spend a lot of money on it, so please suggest a reasonably priced psu but it should be able to run all the hardware comfortably...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi...

I have this downloading rig but its been giving me problems lately and the psu seems to be the core of the problem... So can u please suggest a suitable supply..
System specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ proccy
1.5 gig RAM
Asus K8V-MX Mobo
250 gig Seagate HDD
160 gig WD HDD
Ati Radeon 9800 AGP gfx card
A DVD writer

Its an old pc so i dont want to spend a lot of money on it, so please suggest a reasonably priced psu but it should be able to run all the hardware comfortably...

can try out these 2 PSU: FSP Saga II 350W or Gigabyte 400W. there are cheapest yet good PSU. most desi PSU will cost u more & will end up damaging your PC.

OP
S

Swift

Broken In
Okay, so what i'm thinking is that i'll replace the HDDs with a single 500 gig HDD and go for a 400w FSP PSU... Will the power be fine and can i add another HDD in the future with this PSU?? Also suggest HDD i should go for and the cost...

ajai5777

Youngling
get Samsung F3 Eco.

His 1st HDD is Seagate.

Never ever combine Seagate and Samsung.I cant technically prove it but I had a bad experience combining them.Its an old story.

Long ago a King lived named ajai5777. he purchased a samsung 160 SATA for his old system and combined with Seagate 80 SATA.Every time he powered the PC samsung got burned a chip.He replaced it 2 times and burned in similar fashion.When he got the 3rd replacement, he resold it to his friend and bought a seagate 250.
That worked fine and still working in his rig:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
His 1st HDD is Seagate.

Never ever combine Seagate and Samsung.I cant technically prove it but I had a bad experience combining them.Its an old story.

Long ago a King lived named ajai5777. he purchased a samsung 160 SATA for his old system and combined with Seagate 80 SATA.Every time he powered the PC samsung got burned a chip.He replaced it 2 times and burned in similar fashion.When he got the 3rd replacement, he resold it to his friend and bought a seagate 250.
That worked fine and still working in his rig:)

thats kind of strange :???:

jun19

Deadly Digital
Hi Guys,

I need help on selecting PSU for the following configuration:

AMD Phenom2 X4 955 BE
Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3(1333 MHZ)
WD 500 GB
Samsung P2250

My concern is, since I am not buying any GPU right now, which would be good PSU for my configuration? And also I dont want to go on any pricy PSU now, since in some time later, I would go for some high end GPU, and I might have to re consider on PSU.

Initially I thought of getting zeb platinum 700W, which is less in price compared to
the same powered, big brand PSUs like- CM,OCZ,Corsair,TAGAN,SAGA etc, and also
I thought it would manage to run GPU's like HD5870 or GTX280/4xx series.But I saw some posts here, saying it is not that efficient. Please help me on this. Any Suggestions or recommendations are appreciated :)

Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi Guys,

I need help on selecting PSU for the following configuration:

AMD Phenom2 X4 955 BE
Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3(1333 MHZ)
WD 500 GB
Samsung P2250

My concern is, since I am not buying any GPU right now, which would be good PSU for my configuration? And also I dont want to go on any pricy PSU now, since in some time later, I would go for some high end GPU, and I might have to re consider on PSU.

Initially I thought of getting zeb platinum 700W, which is less in price compared to
the same powered, big brand PSUs like- CM,OCZ,Corsair,TAGAN,SAGA etc, and also
I thought it would manage to run GPU's like HD5870 or GTX280/4xx series.But I saw some posts here, saying it is not that efficient. Please help me on this. Any Suggestions or recommendations are appreciated :)

Thanks.

i'll suggest get a good PSU like Corsair VX550W if you have in mind of getting a highend card like HD5870 or GTX470. rather than changing PSU again & again.

if you short on budget for now & just want a sufficient PSU for your system, get FSP Saga II 350-400W or Gigabyte 400-460W.

also Zebronics SPU should be considered when you running IGP or lowend cards. for anything that needs external power i'll seriously advice get a good PSU. even for IGP Zebronics PSU should be avoided if you getting good PSU from Corsair, Seaonic, FSP, Tangan, etc. Wattage maybe low but quality will be high & moreover for your current system a 350W PSU will suffice.

Top Bottom