Suggest a Motherboard Please [20-25k]

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am getting the 6800k or the 6700k, will decide at last moment, but I can't quite figure out which motherboard to get. Also the price difference of boards like Asus X99-Deluxe in US (400$) and here (nearing almost 40k) is simply ridiculous! My budget for the Motherboard is around ₹20-25k, so kindly suggest one accordingly. Overcloking capability should be the first priority, and I hear that Asus boards are the best for that, but Asus don't fit in my budget then I am okay with MSI and Gigabyte too, nothing else please. USB 3.1 front should also be there, won't ever SLI, so that's out. Audio DAC doesn't matter that much as I will be using my U7. Don't remember what else to look for in a motherboard.

Thanks in advance.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] I think both processors have different LGA
For 6700k gigabyte z170x gaming 7 might be a good option.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ :D Sunil is fond of posting local(Secunderabad) prices. :p Anyways the cheapest online i7 6700k I could find was from theitwares :
Buy Online Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop Processor ( Core i7-6700K 8M ) price in India 27,250.00 - www.TheITWares.co

But I see you're from Calcutta. You can try in MD Computers :
*mdcomputers.in/intel-processor-cor...t-lga1151-socket-8m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Ha ha, okay. Yes, I am checking MD Computer's for the CPU and Primeabgb for the Motherboard.

I am selecting the RAM now, may I know what are the differences between these two:

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/g-skill-ripjaws-4-f4-3000c15d-16grbb-16gb-ram/

Buy Online | G.Skill RipjawsV F4-3000C14D-16GVR 8GB DDR4 RAM Memory | Price in Indi

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
OK, thanks, got it now. Its the RAM timings. In any case which one should I choose, better RAM timings with lesser speed (2800 MHz), or more speed with less RAM timings (3000 MHz)?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys I have bought the 6700k and Asus Z170 Pro from MD Computers (they simply said me to leave when I mentioned Sunil's prices), anyway, also ordered the G.Skill 8x2 GB 3000 from Primeabgb, now all I need are two more things to complete the setup, a CPU cooler, and more importantly a decent cabinet. And thanks to Sunil once more, for suggesting the appropriate items.

For cooler, I would have liked to go liquid, but leakage issue scares me, so in that case will take air. Budget is within ₹5000 for that. I currently use Hyper 212 Plus or something with push pull setup, and its okayis I will say, for the cheap price I paid for it anyway.

For cabinet, I need something with ample amount of space (like I have a 690II Plus now and I have to take motherboard out to install cooler because the back-plate area is so small that it can't be done when motherboard is in place! Ridiculous!), and front HD audio socket is mandatory and USB 3.1 front ports. My budget for this is around ₹5000-6000 too. I looked at full ATX ones, and the minimum one I found was some NZXT one of around 9k, sorry, won't be spending that much, so mid tower it is.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
If you seriously want to overclock then buy the Noctua NHD15 or Noctua NHD15S. This air cooler beats most of the high end water cooler handsdown.
Check very very carefully which one fits your motherboard. These are available at primeagbg for 6.5k

Or else buy any cheap cooler, because the rest of the good ones aren't available in India.

anky

Youngling
for cabinet, have a look at nzxt s340..it has got a lot of space inside it..and looks sleek and simple.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
for cabinet, have a look at nzxt s340..it has got a lot of space inside it..and looks sleek and simple.

That's a really lovely looking cabby mate, thanks, but one thing, it doesn't seem to have any DVD drive slot, so where will I put my old DVD drive? Ha ha!

- - - Updated - - -

If you seriously want to overclock then buy the Noctua NHD15 or Noctua NHD15S. This air cooler beats most of the high end water cooler handsdown.
Check very very carefully which one fits your motherboard. These are available at primeagbg for 6.5k

Or else buy any cheap cooler, because the rest of the good ones aren't available in India.

Thanks, is this a cooler for pc or for whole home? LOL! Looks excellent mate, a little over my budget, but I am sure worth the extra little money than what I was going for, the CM Hyper 212X. I will OC, for sure, but not anytime soon.

anky

Youngling
That's a really lovely looking cabby mate, thanks, but one thing, it doesn't seem to have any DVD drive slot, so where will I put my old DVD drive? Ha ha!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, is this a cooler for pc or for whole home? LOL! Looks excellent mate, a little over my budget, but I am sure worth the extra little money than what I was going for, the CM Hyper 212X. I will OC, for sure, but not anytime soon.

yeah then its of no use. Have a look at corsair spec series

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
yeah then its of no use. Have a look at corsair spec series

Ah just for DVD drive I am having to look elsewhere. I think just buying an external one makes more sense than changing choice of cabinet isn't it?

PS: If I go for Corsair anyway, which one do you think would be better, more spacious and all I mean:

Buy CORSAIR CABINET 400R - Best Price in India, Kolkata - Lowest Price in Online on mdcomputers.i

Buy CORSAIR CABINET SPEC 3 RED LED - Best Price in India, Kolkata - Lowest Price in Online on mdcomputers.i

If there's any other good ones too please let me know.

anky

Youngling
I think spec 03 is better..you get a side window as well. btw dvd drives are so out of fashion naywayz. I own nzxt s340 and I can vouch for its space management and cable management. If you are going for a high end rig with overclocking then u can have a look at nzxt h440 too. its also a nice looking silent cabinet with lots and lots of space to work with.
post your specs and how many hdd u have.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think spec 03 is better..you get a side window as well. btw dvd drives are so out of fashion naywayz. I own nzxt s340 and I can vouch for its space management and cable management. If you are going for a high end rig with overclocking then u can have a look at nzxt h440 too. its also a nice looking silent cabinet with lots and lots of space to work with.
post your specs and how many hdd u have.
OK, I think I will just buy an external DVD writer then. But I don't like when things change like this, almost same thing happened when I upgraded to i7 from C2D system, had to sell my old DVD writer because it was not SATA! LOL!

Anyway, I have two hard drives, WD Black and some Seagate, other than those two the PSU I will be keeping from my current rig, which is the TX650, and obviously the 970 Strix will be kept, needless to say. That's it. There will be no SLI, ever, there won't be a third hard drive added (maybe an SSD next year), so all those which will be carried forward are mentioned here.

PS: The new cooler will be there, whichever I choose.

Top Bottom