Suggest a mid tower E-atx cabinet

there are only few cases which support e atx like the cosmos ii , haf x ,phantom , stryker , trooper and the 800d or some expensive ones ss i would suggest go with phantom with that budget !

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Incinerator, since you're the one who persuaded me (for good) for the Phantom, pray tell me where I will get the side window panel version of it online?

Or will I get it in MD computers??

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You have to mod it mate. You can buy the Acrylic sheet from Chandni itself and do a DIY

*i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/evil_homer/CIMG2929.jpg
*i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/evil_homer/CIMG2978.jpg
NZXT Phantom side panel window MOD - YouTube

If you look around the web theres innumerable Mods of the Phantom,so it wont be a problem.And NZXT has stopped selling the side windows on their website so I highly doubt the dealers will have them You can call up Prime ABGB or MD and check though .

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Check this link out................ It wont really be worth it if it costs 2k................ BTW, for modding, how much estimate will it cost??

Buying : Cabinets NZXT Phantom Clear Side Panel Required

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
if u r feeling brave then just get a dremel and cut out a acrylic glass window..
or u can go conservative and look for an CM 690 II Advanced...it will fit the formula very nicely...it did on my case :p
nitinbalyan is known as havoknation in tdf...bug him :p

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
No, I dont say I am not brave, but modding the case is simply not my thing............. I suffer from mild ;) OCD, and a mod done on a cabinet by me, wouldnt be upto the mark according to me...............

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
well....ze choice is urs :p
a few led strips on the CM will look good..look up CM 690 II aurora mod.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Thats what I was asking for, people who have successfully installed e-atx mobos in non e-atx cabinets........... I just dont want my mobo covering up the cable management holes........

Thanks sumon, and CM 690II is a great case too.....

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Mod will cost you around Rs 800 as per a source with a quality acrylic sheet and a Chinese dremel. Im not 100% sure about the cost could be less. But if you mod the Phantom the Side Fan cooling which keeps the Phantom cooler by at least 4° - 5° less compared to any cabinet wil be lost !!!

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
And what about the original NZXT Phantom side panel which is costing me around 2.6k.............. Maybe I'll buy it two to three months later but.............. Will it hamper the cooling?

The quote as per ishop International is :

Item Type: Computer accessory
Item Description: PHANTOM WINDOW PANEL white qty 1
As described in the U.S. website below:

Shipped directly from US retailer to you in India!

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange ****rates will be:

Rs. 2,698
Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 1,749
International Shipping: Rs. 990
Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 459
- DISCOUNT - Rs. 500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 2,698

Do you think it will be worth anything it costs????

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Not worth it. It will hamper the cooling for sure. If you want a Side window instead of cooling at that range better get a Corsair 650D for Rs 8800 or a 600TM Rs 9000. If you want a side window plus fan get an Antec 1100.

i wud suggest u to go with 650d cause extreme build quality , side panel cooling performance , look , huge space , gourmets for cable management , other cable management options and huge customizable options and most importantly corsair support !

i wud suggest u to go with 650d cause extreme build quality , side panel cooling performance , look , huge space , gourmets for cable management , other cable management options and huge customizable options and most importantly corsair support !

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Hey, nobody suggested the Tempest Evo............ It supports E-atx..................... What do you think about this one?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
P280. "Officially" it supports upto XL-ATX, but it can take in EATX easily.

Avoid Tempest evo. It can fit in EATX but there's a lot restriction in space between the 5.25"/HDD bay and the motherboard area.

Not sure if 650D can fit in. Do note its an ATX case. But if you spend a little more, you can afford CM Storm Trooper/Stryker. Hands down its an excellent case if you have the money, but you get all the fans+ all the air filters. So, I would vote either Trooper/Styrker or Antec P280, then followed by 600T, but 600T comes with a USB 3.0 re-routing cable and not USB 3.0 header so...

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Thought so, many negative reviews in Newegg........ And Sorcerer, my 1st preference is Stryker White, but its wayyy outta budget, cant justify spending that much on cabinet instead of a Crossfire, or a modular PSU

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
P280. "Officially" it supports upto XL-ATX, but it can take in EATX easily.

Avoid Tempest evo. It can fit in EATX but there's a lot restriction in space between the 5.25"/HDD bay and the motherboard area.

Not sure if 650D can fit in. Do note its an ATX case. But if you spend a little more, you can afford CM Storm Trooper/Stryker. Hands down its an excellent case if you have the money, but you get all the fans+ all the air filters. So, I would vote either Trooper/Styrker or Antec P280, then followed by 600T, but 600T comes with a USB 3.0 re-routing cable and not USB 3.0 header so...

650D can accommodate E-ATX inside it. Saying from my personal experience. Max IV Ex-Z could be attached inside 650D without any problem.
And again, interior of 650D and 600T are somewhat, same.

650D can accommodate E-ATX inside it. Saying from my personal experience. Max IV Ex-Z could be attached inside 650D without any problem.
And again, interior of 650D and 600T are somewhat, same.
LOOL UR WRONG AS Max IV Ex-Z IS NOT A E-ATX ,SEE THIS ASUS MAXIMUS IV Extreme-Z Motherboard: Flipkart.com
AND 650D AND 600T ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT CABINETS !!! SEE THIS --- 600T --- Google Image Result for *www.techeta.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Corsair-Graphite-Series-600T-PC-gaming-case-picture.jpg AND THIS -- 650D -- Google Image Result for *www.corsair.com/en/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/5/650d_a.png

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Before accusing someone of wrong posting, think, understand what the posting person trying to say.
Here, unlike most of the guys, by the word personally I meant that I own the components I've said and I really put them together once. I'm not posting my theoritical calculation or imagination here.
About the dimension of motherboard see what the manufacturer have to say: ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

*flies away*

Top Bottom