Suggest a lite mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
hi,

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and using Winamp to play mp3. I am a great fan of Winamp as it is very simple and easy to use. I use it only for mp3 and have the latest version. But the latest version seems to be resource hungry and after upgrade to Firefox 7.0.1 (my stupid decision) both of them share my CPU and RAM. I cannot do anything on Firefox as it is a good browser and I want to continue with it. So the only option left for me is to switch to a lighter mp3 player. Please suggest a good one. My standard of a good mp3 player is Winamp. Thanks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's your system config? Winamp is still very light on resources IMO.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
2 GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000 + 2.0 GHz.

I switched back to FF 5.0, what a relief :sigh: Still would like to know about a possible Winamp alternative. Thanks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about foobar? Although personally I don't have any experience of it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@meetdilip: You want a "light" MP3 player. Get ready for this.

1by1 Download - Softpedia

It's a 155 KB (!!!!!!) media player, which does what it's supposed to do. Play music, without the need of managing playlist.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ +1 for this - I use it often to play music dumped into a single folder ;-)

or else you can try KMplayer which has tons of features - highly recommended ;-)

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Thanks guys. I tried Jet Audio. Didn't like it much. It doesn't even have an option to add folder, splash a screen when a new song starts, very difficult to customize the size of the window and a few other things (@rajnusker, not directed to you, just for reference to those who may try it).

Will try other suggestions and update. Thanks again.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I use the latest Winamp too, but I only installed the Audio modules and made it the default player only for audio files. Uninstall and reinstall WinAmp, during install, deselect Winamp Agent and Video codecs, and deselect any options for toolbars, free mp3 shortcuts etc. Also make it the default mp3 player only for Audio. You can also deselect the visualisation options and support for modern and bento skins. I always go with the classic skin.

Alternatively you can try Winamp Lite: *download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp5621_lite_all.exe

If you like any of the older versions of WinAmp: Download Winamp

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Thanks guys. Currently settled on Winamp Lite and 1by1. Really appreciate your help.

PS : I see members registered in 2004, 2006 etc. I wonder how you got a decent net that early. I had to wait till 2009 to get a decent broadband. Seems like this is one of the oldest tech forums in India.

y2j826

Journeyman
Thanks guys. Currently settled on Winamp Lite and 1by1. Really appreciate your help.

PS : I see members registered in 2004, 2006 etc. I wonder how you got a decent net that early. I had to wait till 2009 to get a decent broadband. Seems like this is one of the oldest tech forums in India.

Using net since 2002, still in 2011 the net is only decent and not good comparison to other countries... :-|

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I got my first email ID in 1998. But till I get a broadband connection, I never knew that there are forums like this where we can get help. Net usage was limited to email checking and chatting those days as downloading was almost impossible in dial up. Remember using DAP those days (for what I don't remember). Got a 512 Kbps connection at work place somewhere in 2005 (still on a 512 Kbps UL connection at home) through which we used to listen audio streaming from musicindiaonline.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like your problem is solved. Glad to have helped.
Btw, users who registered in early years, doesn't mean they were active too! Personally, I also have been active since this year, although I joined in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom