Suggest a LCD monitor and Grafix card

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I want to upgrade to a 24" PC monitor and a Graxix card which can handle such resolution.

Budget : 24K

Monitor: 12K
Card : 12K

If Card can't be accommodated in that budget it would be postponed but I want to buy the monitor soon.

Purpose of monitor: MOVIES, MOVIES and HD MOVIES. And bit of gaming.

Please post 2-3 recommendations of different brands.

Existing Config:-
Q6600
ABiT IX38 QuadGT
4GB RAM GSkill 800MHz
Seasonic S12II 620W

I'm planning to keep these things. I hope these won't be an issue

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
All 24" displays come with 1080P resolution or 1920X1080, same as 22 or 21.5" display. For good Gaming experience HD 6870/GTX 560 (non-Ti) is minimum.

Here is my suggestion:-
Dell ST2420L @ 12.6K
MSI GTX 560 N560GTX-M2D1GD5 @ 9.8K or Gigabyte GTX 560 OC GV-N56GOC-1GI @11.25K

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I'd suggest buy an IPS panel display as opposed to TN (twisted nematic) screens. You can consider the Dell UltraSharp U2412M, which is a very good 24-inch FullHD monitor, or the more economical Dell U2312HM, which is 23-inch FullHD monitor, costing around Rs 15,000. You may have to stretch your budget a bit but these monitors are worth it. Dell execs easily give 10%-15% discount over the phone.

About graphics card I don't have much idea guessing your current config should be enough for Full HD movies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Consider budget of graphics card. For a bit of gaming, a sub 10k card is fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Rightly said - for loads of movies and other image related works nothing beats Asus PA238Q @ ~19.5k - talking about gfx card well, even a HD6670 DDR3 1GB is enough for casual gaming - for better option look for HD7770 @ 7.7k.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think I've to explain casual gaming. Most of the latest games.

All Hack&Slash games would be played. And, the card should be able to handle games in that resolution.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
High AA does not matter. I want to play games and they should not lag and should not look pixelated.

I own a evga 8800GT now and recently played Max Payne 3. The way the game was lagging at times it really pained. I don't ind an inferior card if it can handle the 24" resolution along with zero lagging in games.

b/w Sorted these panels,

Asus PA238Q :(

AOC I2251 FWE

Dell U2312HM (it does not have a HDMI port, should I be worried ?)

Card:
Sapphire HD 7770
PowerColor HD7770
Gigabyte HD7770
(which one?)

Any from nVDIA family?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For card, Sapphire or Gigabyte one. Among the monitors, get the ASUS one. ;)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Get Asus PA238Q
and
Sapphire/Gigabyte/MSI HD7770, whichever comes cheaper than the rest.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Roamed on the streets of Chandni market here in Kolkata in search of PA238Q

Its nowhere available.

MD Computers said they could bring it for me from Mumbai. When I wanted to place the order they found out its not even available in Mumbai (Rashi). Now they say it would take at least 1 month to get that monitor.

I checked online, only TheITDepot and TheITWares have listed 'em but price is more than that I was quoted in Kolkata.

I'm utterly confused. Should I buy online or place an order and wait 1 month or look for an alternative. Guys...help.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
MD quoted 18K + Taxes i.e. 18720/-

TheITDepot is 20400 + 200/- Shipping
TheItwares 19600/- + 600/- shipping

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
how about this :
Asus PA238Q - TechXtreme.in

Thanx for the link. I'm so desperate now I can buy from any site.
So, is TechExtreme trusted? Has anyone (known to you) bought from it?

@d6bmg, :evil:

Update:

TechXtreme just replied to me in their FB page that Asus PA238Q is out of stock now. That god-damned monitor seems to be vanished from Indian market :(

Alternative guys...don't really want to wait 1 month for a monitor.

Well, then choose one for me then from here,
*www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you checked Flipkart's vast catalogue? Any model you like particularly?

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You know when someone has seen the magic of IPS panels (in youtube) no catalogue is vast for him.

In every online shop the number of IPS panels are very small.

I'm seriously thinking about Dell U2312HM. Pity I've to miss out the HDMI. But, I just read about DisplayPort(Which Dell has) and it seems its better than HDMI. Now, MSI HD7770 does not have DisplayPort whereas Sapphire HD7770 Vapor-X has it.

Now, I need to find this Sapphire card :-x

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you are wrong .. have a look at this --link-- SMC is selling this @ 8.1k now.

Top Bottom