suggest a graphic card for games in Rs4000

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
i would seriously recommend you a new branded PSU, my previous HD 4670 went kaput after 2 months with local iball 500 w psu, and then after RMA i sold it for 3k to a local guy.

Even without GPU my new psu 12V rails got burnt marks, so i seriously got freaked and bought Corsair CX400... well, experience is better but along with heavy loss.

If you wont buy a recommended PSU, you will end up in same situation as me.. and you will spend 3-4 months for RMA only..

Good luck wid ur purchase.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Thanks to all ..for the suggestions...
so planning for :

option 1:
HD4670 1gb with FSP Saga II 350W

option 2:
HD5670 512MB with FSP Saga II 400W

whtever suits my budget....wht say ?????

one last thing ,,,,
Which make should i go for the HD4670/5670 ....MSI / Sapphire / XfX ....?????

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
All of them are good Go for the brand which is the cheapest among them, readily available and has a good support & service center in ur area

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Sapphire is known brand and offers better after sales service than MSI ( cheapest card )

MSI offers a lot of overclocking headroom and use good quality of capacitors, chokes are used.
( costly than Sapphire )

XFX provides longer warranty at the cost of premium and stock performance. ( costliest )

Go for Sapphire , you can rely on their brand.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Important !!

will my Intel DG33FB Motherboard, PCI Express X16 slot support HD5670 GPU ???
Since HD5670 is a PCI Express 2.0 X16 and .. I am not sure about the PCI Express X16 slot on my MOBO.??

What if i use PCI Express 2.0 X16 GPU on the PCI Express 1.0 X16 Slot ?? What will happen?? Will th GPU work and give full performance while playing games like Crysis2, Mafia 2....???

I am planning to buy Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 with FSP SAGA II 400W PSU this coming saturday from Laminton road. So need your feedback at the earliest. Thanks

Regards,
AH

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Yes, that board has one PCIE x16 1.0 slot that will accommodate the 5670. The thing that's nice about the PCIE standard is that it's backwards compatible, meaning you can install a 2.0/2.1 GPU into a 1.0/1.1 slot, as they are electrically compatible.

The 5670 will just run in PCIE 1.0 mode on that particular motherboard, which really won't even hurt you in the end. A 16 lane PCIE 1.0 slot still provides 4GB/s of bandwidth, which is more than adequate for a 5670.

Found in Yahoo :)
I have intel DG33FB motherboard. will it support Radeon HD 6670? This card says it support 2.1? - Yahoo! Answers

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
how is Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card ??
its a 64bit card.. where as HD5670 is a 128bit card...

whts the difference??? Also whts the difference between the DD5 and DDR3 cards???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ 64bit is the bus width. won't make a difference as 6450 is a lowend card so a 64bit buswidth is enough for it. whereas 5670 being a low midrange card will require a higher buswidth to make the data flow without any sort of bottleneck.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Really confused..!.. Also with cost..!!
Please .. can anyone tell me the actual current market cost for HD 5670 ?
Also price for Corsair PSU ?

Really confused..!.. Also with cost..!!
Please .. can anyone tell me the actual current market cost for HD 5670 ?
Also price for Corsair PSU ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
depends. if you are from Kolkata & Delhi, you'll find these cards really cheap. something like 4.5k or less for the 512Mb version. 300 bucks more for the 1Gb version.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
HD 5670 1024MB DDR3 version @ Rs 4200 ( smcinternational.in)
SAPPHIRE HD 5670 1GB DDR3

Gigabyte Superb 460W @ Rs 1875 theitdepot.com ( 80Plus rated)
Theitdepot - Gigabyte Superb 460W GE-R460-V1 Power Supply

Total Cost ~ Rs 6300 ( including shipping charges )

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
thanks to all for the suggestions...
today i purchased Sapphier HD5670 1Gb DDR5 and Corsair 430W from Lamigton road.

the Quatation from E-launge (theitwares.com) was:
Sapphier HD5670 1Gb DDR5 -> Rs. 4900
Corsair 430W -> Rs. 2150

from Prime ABGB:
Sapphier HD5670 1Gb DDR5 -> Rs. 4800
Corsair 430W -> Rs. 2150

so finally purchased from Prime ABGB:
Also purchased :
1 Keyboard + mouse (combo) Logitec MK200 -> Rs. 650
1 local made USB extension cable (with ferrite core) -> Rs 40
1 Kingston 8Gb Pen drive -> Rs. 500
1 12V DC 4Inch fan from road side vendor (tested) -> Rs. 20

Pls comment :

Thanks
AH

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Nice purchase, specially the PSU. Post the pics and post about it in the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase.html thread.
Also what is the fan for? Rs20 for any fan = 0.0

Last edited:
OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Nice purchase. Post the pics and post about it in the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase.html thread.
Also what is the fan for? Rs20 for any fan = 0.0

thanks ....
posted a thread over here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/143583-jus-purchased-sapphire-hd5670-corsair-430w.html
sry ... do know if its the right section to post this..

@MOD.. pls shift the post to the right section.

and the fan .. its jus a extra fan for the cabinet.

Top Bottom