Suggest A good UPS

koltanga

Broken In
is there any reliable UPS within 2500 that provides 4 socket output?

my current APC 500 VA UPS conked off y'day. Now I'm in the hunt of a UPS myself

My rig specs

AMD Athlon II quad-core
22" Monitor
Discrete GPU
2*1.5 TB HDD
Weekend gamer [not very high priority]

i wouldn't mind if, of the 4 sockets, only 2 provide backup [Monitor & HDD] while the other two don't [Speaker/Router/Modem]

How Intex Marvel Black 1 kVA. I think it has 4 output sockets, no?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Which 'Discrete GPU' are you using?
And mention the configuration is details to get particular suggestion.

koltanga

Broken In
GPU - HD5770
CPU - Athlon II X4 620 (2.6GHz)
Mobo - Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
RAM - 2*2 GB Corsair
Optical Drive - LG DVD Writer
SMPS - Gigabyte 460W
Monitor - Samsung 22" [DVI]

i need a UPS that provides me just sufficient time to complete shutting down the moment lights go out, not necesarily to continue watching p0rn through the powercut

From that pov, my 500VA APC PSU was just perfect, but it had only 3 output sockets, meaning my Router & Modem had to be powered using a socket on the wall.

I want one where i can plug it into the PSU itself within 2500 bucks

Also, this intex marvel black 1KVA costs 3500 & not 2500 as mentioned earlier
Intex Marvel Black 1KVA : UPS : Features, specification, reviews, online price, deals in India - Compare India

looking forward to suggesstions

BUMP

I'm getting Intex 600VA for 1300.

Will buying it be a mistake? It has only 3 O/P sockets, but the guy said i can attach a spike guard to one of the sockets & attach the Speaker, Router & Modem - they don't draw too much power, so no danger. I tend to agree

Please suggest if I can go for it. Don't have time to go physically hunting for UPS & buying it online would mean waiting for at least 1 week before delivery. Can't do, as experiencing frequent power cuts - don't want to scr3w my computer

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Just get this : ( at ~2.1k )
APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without auto shutdown software, India

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
May I suggest a Luminous 800VA. Got it about 2 years ago for 2.4K. Has 2 x 12V 7AH batteries. When I last tested about 2 months ago, it gave me a power backup of ~40 minutes with a 17" CRT attached with the somewhat same config as in my siggy. It also has 4 output points.

Last edited:

koltanga

Broken In
Thanks @topgear
I just bought the APC 600 VA [360W] UPS today.

It cost me 2200 bucks. But I also sold him my old UPS for 200 bucks & also a 15" CRT monitor for 500 bucks

So in essence i got it for 1500. Not complaining :D

@CyberKID
You posted at 4:30 today. I left home at around 4:00 :(

Will keep Luminous in mind for the next time, or recommendation to others :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
No problems at all. This was just a suggestion, after all you're the one to decide. You've got a good 1 IMO.:)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
May I suggest a Luminous 800VA. Got it about 2 years ago for 2.4K. Has 2 x 12V 7AH batteries. When I last tested about 2 months ago, it gave me a power backup of ~40 minutes with a 17" CRT attached with the somewhat same config as in my siggy. It also has 4 output points.

great .. heard Luminous makes god UPS but never saw a feedback -- good to know it's real VFM product one can get but never saw it on any pc components shop though

@ koltanga - congrats.

rahullak

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I have an old system which I'll be upgrading soon. I use it for lightweight tasks like Office and online trading. 17" CRT monitor. With power cut or voltage flux I just need enough time to shut it down, about 5 minutes. And I'm on a budget, Rs. 1.5k. I'd like the battery to last for at least 2 years. Is Intex a good option? Is there another option?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello,

I have an old system which I'll be upgrading soon. I use it for lightweight tasks like Office and online trading. 17" CRT monitor. With power cut or voltage flux I just need enough time to shut it down, about 5 minutes. And I'm on a budget, Rs. 1.5k. I'd like the battery to last for at least 2 years. Is Intex a good option? Is there another option?

some of the Intex UPS are good if you go by snapdeal or some other review sites. But APC is what you should get. If not possible try to get Numeric or Luminous.

rajesh00

Journeyman
What ever u choose check the availabity of service centers.. Cyberpower have very limited service centers which are not avaiable to many cities(check their site )

Either go for APC which is pricey but good qualityor luminous which claims 3 yr(2+1) warranty and have service center availability(But i have no idea about the quality and backup,just went through the sites ) as all ups are simulated sine wave even APC and all PSU's are active PFC...

rahullak

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the info!

I've purchased the Numeric 600VA UPS for 1.8k. Works like a charm thus far.

Top Bottom