Suggest a good system

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_wraith

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone!

Im thinking of updating my pc this april. Im gonna totally change my cpu. The motherboard ive decided to buy is MSI Neo 2 platinum(I want to know it's price). It is socket 939. So, someone please tell me the right amd64 processor for it. (It should not cost a bomb though). Also, i want to know whether this mobo supports dual channel memory.

Then, the ram. If the mobo supports dual channel, im thinkin of getting two 256 mb ddr rams. Please reccomend me a good company and i want to know their price. If my mobo doesnt support dual channel i want to buy a single 512 mb ram(Good company and price also needed).

Then the hard disk. I would like to get myself a good 80gb hard disk with a good rpm and perfomance. Good company and price also needed again.

Then about the graphic cards. I have a real dillema here.I have a difficulty deciding between Ati Radeon 9600 and Nvidia Geforce FX 5700. I would like to know the prices of the pro, XT and the normal version of radeon 9600. Then i would like to know which company is best(Powercolor, gigabyte........). Then on to nvidia. I want to know the prices of the the ultra and normal version of geforce 5700. Then again, i would like to know which company is best here(XFX, gigabyte.............). Then finally i want to know whether ati radeon 9600 is better or nvidia geforce fx 5700 is better.

Then finally, the cabinet. Suggest a good cabinet with a nice layout. I must not be expensive though. I also would also be grateful if someone can tell how much an extra cooling fan would cost.

It would be better if prices are accurate.
Thank you one and all.

OP
I

imported_wraith

Come on guys. Man, i thought you guys would be of great help and here comes one measly reply.

@anandk. Hmm.... i have read em all. I dont think id get even a single answer from reading em. Please, try to go thru my post.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Hey Wraith. Welcome to the forum. I think the problem was this is posted in the wrong section. Should have really been in the H/W section. Anyways I'll try and answer ur queries and will ask one of the mods to move this post so that you can have ur queries sorted fast.

You mobo does support dual channel. Here's a link for the complete specs :

*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=607

memory wise Kingston is very reliable. 2*256 should cost you around 4K and it comes with a 3 year warranty. The best one is Corsair memory if you can find them. Am not sure of their prices.

I would say go for a 120 gb hdd. SATA. Either Western Digital or Seagate. Both are extremely good. Check the H/W sticky for the prices in H/W section. Cos from city to city the prices change.

Mate rather than the 9600 or the 5700 go for the 6600GT which is around 12-13K I think. Def worth it. Once again I urge you to see the sticky in the H/W section for graphic cards for all you graphics related queries.

Cabinet really depends on your budget. Antec cabinets are good but expensive. Also do not forget to get a good power supply. Once again the best is from Antec but expensive. Powersafe 400w is around 1300/- I think.

I have answered it to the best of my knowledge. Wait for others to reply before you decide.

OP
I

imported_wraith

@icecoolz, Thanks man. Youve been of really great help. But it doesnt look like anyone else is replying. I think id go for what you said. But the graphic card you suggested is a bit out of budget for me. I think id go for Geforce FX 5700 256mb. Once again, thank you.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
wraith...if you are left out for a choice between the Fx5700 and the Raedon 9600 then I would go for the Raedon 9600. It performs much better than the 5700 and prices start at 6500 Rs. Hope this helps!

abhi_shake

Broken In
Cabinet from Frontech :-

Frontech Saturn Atx is cool!!!!!
It has got blue LED's around it's side and looks cool when u turn off the lights. It has good no. of drive bays and you can mount six fans!!!!!!!!

Best of all it's price is around Rs 2000!!!!!!!

I know that the MSI Neo platinum is for Socket 754 but I dunno about the Neo 2.

If u haven't bought the mobo buy the MSI Neo platinum ( Socket 754, Around Rs 8000) and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+( 1 Mb L2 cache, 2.0 Ghz, around Rs 9,000)

If u have bought the mobo buy the AMD Athlon 64 3200+(Socket 939, 2.0 Ghz, 512 kb L2 cache, Rs 11,000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom