Suggest A Good Internal Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
guys suggest a good internal hard disk.
i am using intel 845 mobo.whats the maximum size of hdd i can buy?
whts the cost of 160gb,250gb,320gb hdds?:confused:

P

paranj

u can buy a HDD of upto 2TB. go Western DDigital Caviar 320GB 7200.10 hdd

Skulltrail

Right off the assembly line
160 GB Rs 2000
250 GB Rs 2500
320 GB Rs 4000
500 GB Rs 5000

I recommend 320 GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS

P

paranj

^^ya thanks for the full model number. thats the one i was telling abt. Thanks bro

P

paranj

32MB? lol XP also wont install or did u mean the buffer or sumthing? lol

mastermunj

In the zone
32MB? lol XP also wont install or did u mean the buffer or sumthing? lol

u made me remember days when i used to have 486 proccy with 320MB hdd ;)

we used to split games larger than 1.4 MB in smaller chunks to bring them in floppies and merge back :rolleyes:

acewin

Point Blanc
"ide to sata", I think you wanna say sata to ide because I do not think there is SATA port in 845.
"sata to ide" or "sata to USB" both will work

OP
S

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
is it worth going for a sata to ide converter ??

or shall i buy the regular ide.the problem is i am not going to upgrade my mobo for another 2 years(unless it stops working).

will i get good mobo's with ide channel on it so tht new ide hdd can be used w/o going for hdd upgrade again?

speed issues??

pls reply fast!:confused:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
is it worth going for a sata to ide converter ??

or shall i buy the regular ide.the problem is i am not going to upgrade my mobo for another 2 years(unless it stops working).

will i get good mobo's with ide channel on it so tht new ide hdd can be used w/o going for hdd upgrade again?

speed issues??

pls reply fast!:confused:

if u can get a PCI based converter then yes its worth..dont go for those cheapo miniature chips that are available in the market..they perform poor..
else go with WD IDE hard drive..but make sure u go with a WD..

OP
S

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
if u can get a PCI based converter then yes its worth..dont go for those cheapo miniature chips that are available in the market..they perform poor..
else go with WD IDE hard drive..but make sure u go with a WD..

you know any particular brand i shud go for??i hav decided to go for 250 gb hdd!sata or ide depends on collective opinion here

and if i remember i got 2 pci slots one is occupied by 56k modem (which i am not using)other is temporarily empty(will be used up by ethernet card ):).so i can make use of a card here.any idea of costs involved.

Last edited:
OP
S

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
thank you very much for the support guys.
i decided to buy 250 gb hdd initially.today i went to sp road ,asked for 250 gb wd ide hdd in one store called sahara .he offered it for 2675+tax.but he didnt have wd so
went to golchha intertrade ,he also didnt have wd 250 gb hdd.infact he didnt have any internal hard disk except seagate.he offered 320 gb for 2900+tax=3016,paid 3000.
5 YR WARRANTY.

so finally bought seagate baracuda 7200.1 ST3320620A.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom