Suggest a good 5.1 speaker system ~15k

funskar

Padawan
Btw i m eager to sell my 2months old logitech z906.
will create a sell thread as soon as i got time..
If anyone one interested pm me:wink:

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Thanks for clearing my doubts.

For the sound card budget is not a concern, but I don't want to do overkill I need the sound card which best compliments my speakers.

I think I can get a decent card around 4-8k.

Should be 5.1/7.1 optical/SPDIF out DTS Live. One more thing the software support should be good :D

When you are not going to use the analog outs of any sound card so what is the use of getting it?

Also don't spend more than Xonar DX on your logitech speaker system as it will not be worth.

Buy sound card only if you are going to use it's Analog outs.

Rest ask @funskar as he has this combination.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Should be 5.1/7.1 optical/SPDIF out DTS Live. One more thing the software support should be good :D

Just get a Xonar DX. Dolby digital live/DTS connect is used for multichannel digital o/p, Xonar DX uses DD live & z906 supports both of them so no worries for DTS connect..

yashthedude

Gonna rock da whole world
I think u shud get this one Zebronics ZEB-SW8500RUCF 5.1 Multimedia Speakers | Speaker | Flipkart.com

OP
Apocalyp5e

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
Just get a Xonar DX. Dolby digital live/DTS connect is used for multichannel digital o/p, Xonar DX uses DD live & z906 supports both of them so no worries for DTS connect..

Thanks a lot for the info, can you tell me the difference between Xoanar DX vs D2X. As for as i know both card uses difference decoders and have output SNR rated at 116DB and 118DB. D2X have toslink connectivity AFAIK. Both cards are 7.1 right? What is the subjective SQ difference between these two. anything worth shelling out extra 3k

What about Essence STX I heard its a music card is it 5.1

I think u shud get this one Zebronics ZEB-SW8500RUCF 5.1 Multimedia Speakers | Speaker | Flipkart.com

Thanks for the suggestion bro, but i already bought z906 :D
Speaker System Z906

@funskar: As i can see in your sig that you own both z906 and xonar DX can you tell me the difference in sound quality while playing with

On board audio

Xonar DX

Spdif

Thanks in Advance.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Thanks a lot for the info, can you tell me the difference between Xoanar DX vs D2X. As for as i know both card uses difference decoders and have output SNR rated at 116DB and 118DB. D2X have toslink connectivity AFAIK. Both cards are 7.1 right? What is the subjective SQ difference between these two. anything worth shelling out extra 3k

What about Essence STX I heard its a music card is it 5.1

DX & D2X uses different audio processors, ofcourse D2X has the superior one..
Both are 7.1 cards & support digital(s/pdif) connections.

Between DX & D2X with z906 you won't see much of a diff. since you will be using digital connec. IMO not worth spending on a D2X..

STX by nature doesn't support 5.1 channel, it requires expansion card like asus H6 to o/p 5.1/7.1 audio..

Charlie Bailey Gates

Right off the assembly line
Friends,i just joined here,
suggest me a 5.1 system for music,movies...
and i love cleaner bass...

what about
F&D F6000,EDIFIER DS5000 and Logitech Z504
please suggest...

i am very confused and i haven't experienced any of the above systems...

with love
CBG

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Friends,i just joined here,
suggest me a 5.1 system for music,movies...
and i love cleaner bass...

what about
F&D F6000,EDIFIER DS5000 and Logitech Z504
please suggest...

i am very confused and i haven't experienced any of the above systems...

with love
CBG

please let us know your budget. also, you would get more replies if you create a new thread on your need. make a new thread here in the 'audio' section itself. as for your query, i would suggest Z906 as well as F6000.

OP
Apocalyp5e

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
yes if low on budget go for F&D F6000, or if you have more money to shell out then z906 is the best bet.

:( Unfortunately my console is acting weird again, and it shutting down speakers automatically. It seems like a Cable fault since if i move the console it turns on just fine. So if you are going for Z906, unbox it there and test it.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
:( Unfortunately my console is acting weird again, and it shutting down speakers automatically. It seems like a Cable fault since if i move the console it turns on just fine. So if you are going for Z906, unbox it there and test it.

Only 2 reasons,
1. If the amp gets too hot, the unit shuts down.
2. If there is a drop in voltage.

I played Z906 at max. volume & after 30 min the unit goes off to protect the amp. The rear of sub got too hot that i can't even get my hands near them..

Note : Max. volume is too loud even for a large hall..

OP
Apocalyp5e

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
Only 2 reasons,
1. If the amp gets too hot, the unit shuts down.
2. If there is a drop in voltage.

I played Z906 at max. volume & after 30 min the unit goes off to protect the amp. The rear of sub got too hot that i can't even get my hands near them..

Note : Max. volume is too loud even for a large hall..

Hummm...
1. I don't suspect it's overheating cuz, I never play it over 35%-40% mark. That auto shutdown happens even after a few seconds. Meddling with console wire fixes this behavior. :p at least for some time.

2. It Can't be cuz I am using using my speakers with APC BR1500G-IN. As I can read on display it is supplying 220 Volts clean power. So I think it could be console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom