suggest a external hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
ok here i go since i am on tight budget and have high space requirements
i have decided to opt for a 3.5" external hdd
pls advice if this will be a big problem i will take it out rearely maybe once a month so it should be ok if i go for a 3.5" one instead of 2.5" right?

now for hte main ques pls suggest a 3.5" external hdd with capacity of 500 gb at less than or around rs 5000.
give brand name and model.

also share any recent experience of urs in this regard.
thx.

din

Tribal Boy
Not much moving, then the HDD plus casing seems ok.

Aprox price can be found at

*www.theitwares.com

and

*www.nehruplaceithub.com

Not advertising, just for you to get an idea on price.

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
call me paranoid or whatever but giving a few extra bucks and getting a more solid readymade externall hdd is what i would prefer rather than a internal and casing option
its just that i dont want it to damage so wanan minimize risk

din

Tribal Boy
I always recommend external HDD like WD Passport (using one rt now, pretty happy with it), but suggested the normal HDD + casing just because you mentioned you are on a budget and you are not planning to move it a lot.

If you are worried, go for HDD like WD Passport. Sure it is worth and much safer than normal HDD (as normal HDD are not design to withstand lot of movements)

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
tell for how much u bought u rpassport

i think WD passport are 2.5" ones
i want 3.5" as that will only fit in my budget if i want 500gb.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Well a WD My Book Essential Edition 500 GB would just fit in to your budget. BTW since your location shows "valsad" I suggest you get it from mumbai. Because that would be the best place to get it at a decent price. PM for more details

dabster

In the zone
How is the Maxtor Basics 3200 500GB.?, Maxtor site doesn't have info on this model, Though its available in market. its 3.5" Drive, But how sturdy is this one. defnitely smaller than WD My book which is little more bulkier.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom