Suggest a DVD Writer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Suggest me a good DVD writer, Guys..Planning to buy one!

Pls specify the price as well!

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
I am using Lite-On LH-20A1P. The price is ~1600 in Nehru Place, Delhi.

Some people here in the forum had a problem that the model did not read the dual layer DVDs. But updating firmware was the solution and after that the model did quite well. But I must say I never had any such problem, my burner is going strong even after 1.5 months and it can read dual layer without any problem. I have already burned around 50 DVDs using it, never had any burn error.

I would give a green signal is you were to buy this model.

Journeyman
Go For Sony . Basically Liteon Makes The Dvd Drives For Sony . They Also Sell Their Own Brands. So In The Market You Will See Both Liteon & Sony Which Are Made By Liteon . But Liteon Makes Good Models For Sony And Somehow A 'low Priced' Models Under Its Name .

So Go For Sony . Liteon's Support Was Bad . And Failure Rate Is High.

Now Rest U Have Samsung , Lg , And Paxtor .

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Please keep in mind that "some" Sony models may not be able to read the dvds which may be written on other writers..
My Sony DRU 830a has similar problems . Maybe u shud try LG writers

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Go for LITEON LH-20A1P.Good DVD writer.I too have not yet faced any major problem with it except the Dual layer DVD problem.(U can fix it by firmware,so no probs).Also it supports 20x DVD writing.At Rs.1.5K,it's great value for money.I have burned around some 20~25 DVD's & around 200+ cd's on it.No probs at all.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom