Suggest a 5k AGP Graphics card [Urgent]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Hi,

I'm aware of a dedicated thread for graphic card in the hardware troubleshooting section, but I am gonna buy the card this evening. So I want quick replies.

My max budget is 4.5 - 5k. Less than 4.5k will do fine, though.

I am not a gamer. So my primary usage will be for web designing. And in the next month, I am planning to buy a 22" widescreen monitor. So the card must also support the resolution of 1680 x 1050.

BTW, it must be AGP 8x card.

Suggestions are appreciated.

- Giga

karmanya

Journeyman
Getting AGP cards is both harder and more expensive. Unless you go for an old card, you won't find one within your budget.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ mastermunj well, I made a search in that forum and in the graphic card thread as well. But there is no result that will meet my criteria.

Last edited:
if you are using an AMD processor now, I suggest you spend 4.5k and get a 780G mobo now. Its got enough graphics power and has onboard support to hardware decode HD Videos in H.264, VC-1 and MPEG formats. Must have no trouble with any image.

again, that is IF and only IF you are one of those guys with an AMD processor.

mastermunj

In the zone
why i am suggesting you tobe there is because that section is specially for hardware things.. u will get many quick responses there.. anyways, digitians are always ready to help anytime .. anywhere...

may be this can be of any help to u..

All Graphics Cards related queries here

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ arre, am not a noob in this forum. And I know all those threads and forums. All I want is quick replies. Many times I've not got quick replies there.

@ gautham, I'm on Intel.

btw, how about 6600GT or 7300GT ?

^ arre, am not a noob in this forum. And I know all those threads and forums. All I want is quick replies. Many times I've not got quick replies there.

@ gautham, I'm on Intel.

7300GT is the best u can get in AGP..
there are no newer cards in AGP series..
I got 7300GT 512MB last month for 3400, in Bangalore..
Had to search really hard to find one.

@ gautham, I'm on Intel.

7300GT 256mb DDR3(512 ich useless; ddr3 is rare. good luck)

if you got cash, Radeon HD3850.

if you got luck, get a radeon 3xxx or geforce 8xxx card supporting agp.

radeon hd 2400 pro 256 mb gddr2 is another excellent dx 20 card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom