Suggest a 1 TB Hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_x

In the zone
WD Essential @ 4.5k

The essential requires a Power supply....whereas sarincv wants a HDD without a power supply...

The only option then would be either:
1. Western Digital Passport 1 TB @ 9.5K approx (3yr. warranty), or,
2. Seagate Freeagent Go 1 TB @ 9.2 K (5 Yr warranty) approx..

The other ones available are Iomega/Imation but I would not recommend any of them...:smile:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Hey yaar sorry......I didn't read the thread correctly. It seemed that he wanted one with external power supply. I mean 3.5" ones.

Sorry guys for the misunderstanding and wrong sugegstion.

Ya go as static_x said with WD passport +1

static_x

In the zone
I would rather suggest Seagate as it comes with 5 yr warranty. Both are equally good and reliable as well.

static_x

In the zone
thanks guys... how about Toshiba- Canvio Plus?

If you're tempted by the looks of Canvio then you can buy it...but in case of any failure you may have to run from pillar to post to get it replaced/repaired.
Better do the homework before buying it...the service center location and RMA services etc...

IMHO go for either WD or Seagate....

OP
S

sarincv

Journeyman
fine...i am planning to get it from someone in US.. so will there be any issues with warrany and service?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

If you're tempted by the looks of Canvio then you can buy it...but in case of any failure you may have to run from pillar to post to get it replaced/repaired.
Better do the homework before buying it...the service center location and RMA services etc...

IMHO go for either WD or Seagate....

frankly, I didn't like its looks... i feel seagate is much better both in looks and service...

static_x

In the zone
fine...i am planning to get it from someone in US.. so will there be any issues with warrany and service?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

frankly, I didn't like its looks... i feel seagate is much better both in looks and service...

Just call the CC of WD/Seagate and ask them..they can tell you better...

If you're getting it as a gift then okay :grin: else HDDs are available at reasonable rates in India as well.....

OP
S

sarincv

Journeyman
no..I'm not getting it as a gift.. I have told my friend who is in US to buy one thinking that it will be cheaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom