SubWoofer Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

weftr100

Random Username
I have a Creative Inspire M2600 2.1 speaker system. I read that the magnet in the subwoofer can damage the HDD as well as LCD monitors. Is this true? How far should I keep the SubWoofer from the cabinet and monitor?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
(creative 4.1)
Past 6 yrs I kept the monitor on the sub woofer using a wooden base to balance it & operated my cpu right next to it...................... it worked flawless except that I could not turn volume to full as it started to shake the base due to vibration.

Most modern speakers are shielded well & so is the case with monitor & other things which have magnetic field.

Now when I have a seperate room & a cabinet where the same woofer is now on the floor, I enjoy the same music using 4 speaker & 1 woofer but now with heaveier bass.

OP
W

weftr100

Random Username
Now when I have a seperate room & a cabinet where the same woofer is now on the floor, I enjoy the same music using 4 speaker & 1 woofer but now with heaveier bass.
Thanks, but will heavy bass damage the HDD?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
no not ..........it cannot,
but it does interfere with normal operation if the bass is set too high as it vibrates the area a lot.
using a 2 inch thermacol or soft wood board under the woofer will solve ur problem as I did the same.

moshel

Padawan
woofers are not magnetically shielded...most of the times......although ranjan2001 said that its ok....i say better be on a safer side and move the woofer a bit far from ur monitor /cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom