Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
I am almost afraid to ask this question. There are so many guides available, but I wish to begin from scratch. Searching on this forum returned quiet satisfactory results but din't help much.

I've many VOB files (series of movies precisely) and would like to reburn them, but this time getting proper sub titles in place. How can I achieve this?

Once I am well practiced with answer to the first question, second, where do I get subtitles for VOB files (movies precisely)?

Do we have any specific rules such as, the VOB files must all be grouped together in one file before using the subtitles or chunk of files can still work, etc.

Thank you very much for any help.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
VOB files are container files, i.e. they contain subtitles within them.

So if your files already have badly synchronized subtiles then you can do nothing about them.
(I think Nero Recode provides the option for removing subtitles, but I haven't tried it)

Secondly, you can get subtitles from these two sites. You'll find subtitles for most of the films
www.subscene.com
www.opensubtitles.org

That should help you I think!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you can try subtitle worksop for editing the subtitles after you download or extract them, I didn't find it much useful though, but seems I didn't use it much either, so I'm still suggesting it.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yes. It creates a hash for your video file, and searches its online database for any subtitle matching that hash. If so, it downloads it for you. If you have a video file, and a matching subtitle file, you can upload the subtitle automatically with the video's hash, so others can use it too.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Thats cool! I just hope they have a really good database... most of the movies I see are quite obscure... Will try it soon.

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you all for the reply.

I am wondering why, even though I have many VOB files the subtitles never show up. There are some which show and there are some which don't. Am I missing something? And once I have the subtitles downloaded, how do I merge them with the vdo files? avi etc?

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I'll answer..
if you are looking to burn dvd's with subtitles then just use a app like convertxtodvd.
It has options to add subtitles to your dvd. Its a simple headache free application. Note the subtitles wld be optional, you can switch off subtitles using your dvd player remote.

If you just want to play vob/avi files on your PC.
Download and install SMPlayer..,
download subtitles as suggested in above posts.
open vob/avi file in smplayer and open the downloaded subtitles in smplayer, using the subtitles menu.
The great thing abt smplayer in that you open any subtiles from any folder for any file.. and you can easily adjust the subtitles settings like delay/size etc .

So bottom line is get subtitles > open it smplayer to see if it matches your video file > convert (if avi ) and burn along with subtitles to your DVD using ConvertXToDvd .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom