Stylesheets and Firefox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
:x
i cant seem to get an external stylesheet to work with firefox,altho the ocde works for IE!!
Here is the coding i used..for testing
style1.css:

<STYLE type="text/css">
<!--
.check{font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-style: bold; font-size: 20px; position: absolute; top: 100; left: 300; color: red; z-index: 20}

-->
</STYLE>

test.html:

<html>
<head>

</head>

<body>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style1.css" type="text/css">
<div class=check>
Hello,just checking the style sheet
</div>

</body>
</html>

Any ideas?
the stylesheet works if i put it in the head tags!!

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
:?
Doesnt anyone have any idea ab this..many of u have ur own websites....how do u make them compatible wiht firefox??
Or is this question too dumb!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hey jatin so sorry for the late answer ..never noticed your post :)

Listen first rule in the external stylesheets gets systematically ignored. For instance the following simple stylesheet willnot work properly in Firefox
<STYLE type="text/css">
A { text-decoration: none; color:blue}
A:hover { text-decoration: underline}
</STYLE>

Don't know but firefix simply ignores the first rule. But you can overcome this by just by faking set of rules in front of it!
Like this
<STYLE type="text/css">
<!-- the fakeline styles have to be includedor Firefox'll ignore the first rule

a.fakelink:link {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none}
a.fakelink:visited {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none}
a.fakelink:hover {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none}
a.fakelink:active {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none}

A { text-decoration: none; color:blue}
A:hover { text-decoration: underline}

-->
</STYLE>

Atleast this will get it done ....Please ask if you have any more problems.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
One question:
Is there some problem with opening pdf files in firefox. On ie it opens in few seconds but in firefox sometimes it hangs and takes more time. It also aks to
open multiple pdfs in different windows.

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Thnx freshseasons..i was just pis**d off coz nobody seems to notice my threads ..like this one

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7597&highlight=coranto
Anyways..i think i might just use the style tag in the head tag coz i dont think i m gonna use the same styles for each of the pages i m gonna create!
Thnx for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom