Study! Study! Study!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
^ Remember. No one. Absolutely no one will remember your 10th standard results. So there's absolutely no point in studying so hard.

faraaz

Evil Genius
But your 10th standard marks determine your 12th standard admissions...your 12th standard marks determine your Bachelor's admissions...your Bachelor's marks determine your Master's admissions...its one step after another...so even if no one remembers what your 10th standard marks are...you still need to study hard.

Besides, not concentrating on studies especially when you are 15 years old is not a good habit to get into for the rest of your life...

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
thnks Guys for the info.....

I am in a bit confusion.....just after few months I hv choose a Stream.....
So pls Guide me............

Which Stream is Gud?Why?
Science with Computers or
Commerce with Computers......

Waiting For Replies..............
Thnks in Advance

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
i believe 10 marks are important at certain point (even 70 % is good enough to get into anything --personal view) but scoring marks is a never ending process... like faraaz said they r all connected for better reasons from 10 - postgraduation

Science With computers is more in depth & Good .

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
goobimama said:
^ Remember. No one. Absolutely no one will remember your 10th standard results. So there's absolutely no point in studying so hard.

Huh!!!!!! Go and see the selection process of IIM.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@eggman: ^^ +1! Did you know that investment banks here in Zurich are looking at ALL transcripts from 10th standard onwards for employment?? They like to establish historic performance trends when deciding to employ a guy.

adi87

Journeyman
amanjagga said:
Hi ! i am starting this thread to know ur opinion about studies

What r ur views abt study?

What do u think what we get after studying?

Do u think that only by studies people can be successful in their aims?

How will u define today's studies? Is it related to real life?

What abt cramming? Are u in the favour?

What changes u want should be there in today's studies?

This thread is going to give u opportunity to express all ur feelings.So dont be kanjoos...... in posting reply...... and express ur feelings.

okay... everyone here has taken the conventional meaning abt studies.... try to think in other ways also

I think that studies are erally imp... if not.. hw can u achieve anything???
Be doin engineerin/medical/law.. etc. or arts or even robbery ?? A carefully planned and studied robbery has better chances of being a succesful, isnt it ??

We shuld gain knowledge and make some useful neural connections...

No.. only studying wont give success or help in achievin goals and aims........... Apt application of our knowledge is much more important...

Today's studies are much more related to real life than some decade ago.. but they still have loooong way to go..

Crammin wont do anyone any good... Lest u need to pass some mandatory subject which is all greek to you...

Today's studies should more carefully planned by the authorities and the advancement in technology and the various fields must b used to aid students..

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Yes Buddy study is ver imp in the long run ....................

Guys.....Currently in 10 standard..........If i tk Sci with comp....wht r the subjects I hv to study....And How tough is Physics............

Where should I go to continue my 10+2....... in India? How is Baglore?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Well in which board are you?? Do Inernational Baccalaureate board if possible. Its too good. Gives u the freedom to choose subjects. I was way too bad at chem so I dropped chem and took businesss. But IB is not easy, its a bit complicated course - need to do 4000 words essay, 4000 words thesis and stuff. But yea its good and its the future..

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Chirag said:
^^
Well in which board are you?? Do Inernational Baccalaureate board if possible. Its too good. Gives u the freedom to choose subjects. I was way too bad at chem so I dropped chem and took businesss. But IB is not easy, its a bit complicated course - need to do 4000 words essay, 4000 words thesis and stuff. But yea its good and its the future..
Too bad i'm in ICSE . coz i too Hate Chemistry :(

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
^^
Well in which board are you??
I am in class 10(CBSE Board), Kathmandu, Nepal..........

Muza samaj ma Nahi Aaraha ki which stream should i tk?
i want to do mk my career in the field of technology.......

But....Many ppl around me r telling sci is tought...........But i dont want to believe them coz they were not gud students.......and they didn't had a gud teacher too.........................
however i cannot Ignore them too......

So pls Gudie me.......How Simple is Physics and Chemistry In +2..........
And which r the gud cities in India where i can continue my studies........

I feel My problem can be solved here.............
Thnks in Advance..........

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
If you ask me then science is relatively easier then other streams.+2 physics and chemistry is interesting and not at all tough IMHO.

You can continue your studies in any city of your choice provided you get admission in the school of your choice.Securing admission in +1 in Delhi is extremely tough if not impossible.

faraaz

Evil Genius
^ +1 for Devil Himself!! I did Science in my +2 and let me tell you, even if it is a little hard, it prepares you for later in life. If you can pass ISC Science (which is the hardest board there is in India IMO) you can do anything in life! :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Yep ISC is the worst(read hardest) board.

Still I think science is not hard.But again it all depends upon your interests,if you think you would do better in or you like commerce then just go for it.I had science in my +2,I liked biology physics and chemistry a lot but I wish I had subjects like economics and geography too but I guess they don't match much,not here atleast.

Enough of blah blah.Take my advice don't be influenced by what your friends are taking or what your parents think is good for you just go for what you love to study.And don't ever regret your decisions cos whatever you have done you have done it your way.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Devil Himself: True true...and that way I was really interested in Maths, Physics and Computer Science...unfortunately, I would also have liked to do Biology, but Math, Physics and Chem were compulsory in the ISC...so I just took those with Comp. Sci and English...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom