Strategy And Total War Games Discussion

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Re: Shogun 2

^^ Well,AOE is different, But i regret getting Red Alert 3...Once you get a supper weapon,You can destroy almost the whole enemy base.

Who All have napolean/Empire total war here,We can multiplayer some time.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have but my SSD doesn't have much space left. Have to complete some game and uninstall before installing another game. :(

And I am not very fond of sci-fi based RTSes, historical ones are the best for me (AoE, RoN), followed by city building type (Anno) and then by war based (CoH).

gameranand

Living to Play

I have played RA3. Its kinda different game with an extra commander as backup. I kinda liked the game but not much TBH.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Yeah played some MP too but mostly SP on hardest difficulty. :D

skirmish or campaign?i have played all campaign missions on hard.on skirmish i play against hard turtle AI for scrin,brutal steamroller for GDI and brutal guerilla for nod
dude,play Tiberium essence mod trust me you'll not regret it

@serpent16 :in the "commaner do you play RA3" if you meant me i dont have RA3 i want the game but flipkart doesnt stock the disc version. i'l buy it on Origin with my BF3 discount coupon
the co-op camaign(you always play with a commander human or AI)
and japan's empire if the rising sun faction seem very intresting

and dude you need a game? if you dont find it on a site, walk to your nearest chain gadgets store(croma,reliance digital,ezone,landmark,hyper city etc)and see if u get a disc version

Tachyon1986

In the zone

How so ??

Oops sorry for the late reply, haven't had much time on these forums lately.

Well, you don't really issue orders to a unit. In fact, you can create units but can't order them around directly with a right click.

You basically set a FLAG at a point on the map . Now this flag can either be a Defend, Attack or Avoid flag. You can set a bounty on the flag (i.e Gold) , and based on how much gold is being offered , different heroes will set forth to finish that objective.

So , thieves being the most greedy will go for even low bounty flags, Rangers (archers) will judge if the risks are too high/low before going forth. Each unit behaves differently. It's a totally fun and random experience.

Now , here's the interesting thing. You can't upgrade individual units themselves , but you basically make upgrades available at Armor / Weapon stores. After the heroes kill some stuff and get cash , they go to these stores to upgrade themselves. Of course, you aren't completely independent from direct interference. Some structures give you the ability to cast spells on your own (costs gold and some mana) in case things get too rough.

Here's a review :

Majesty 2 Review - PC Review at IGN

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

^No i havent,Probably im never going to buy a total war again,As i dint like it so much.Its ok i give it a 7/10

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Total War is different from AoE, RoN series. Even I prefer AoE type RTSes. ;)

icebags

Technomancer
total war is a good strategy series. very educating too.

if you want to learn about war techniques/ strategies then you can learn a lot from here, just play the game like doing experiments and not just for the sake of finishing the game. each of total war series are based on different environments and different era. the war strategies changes change with that as well.

you see how romans fought the war with different unit formations are different from what indians used in their battle field (lol i was playing rome total in skirmish, first i destroyed a barbarian invasion by forming the usual roman defensive wall with heavy troops supported by archers at their back. but when i used this tactic against indians, the elephants just burged into the roman heavy soldiers and crushed everything).

these techniques get changed when you enter medieval era, how napoleon fought the wars have different troop formations with riding gunmen and musketeers. also, neither of these tactics are similar to japanese shogunate wars, where the landlords like nobunaga and hideyoshi fought with their limited manpower and resources.

each of the civilizations perform best with different military formations and experimenting with it gets very interesting.

yes, total war is different from aoe/ ron with are structure building rts, this is neither like zeus / poseidon / caesar which are city building/ planning rts. but its a different type of rts, thats all about military formations and tactics. ;)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
total war is a good strategy series. very educating too.

if you want to learn about war techniques/ strategies then you can learn a lot from here, just play the game like doing experiments and not just for the sake of finishing the game. each of total war series are based on different environments and different era. the war strategies changes change with that as well.

you see how romans fought the war with different unit formations are different from what indians used in their battle field (lol i was playing rome total in skirmish, first i destroyed a barbarian invasion by forming the usual roman defensive wall with heavy troops supported by archers at their back. but when i used this tactic against indians, the elephants just burged into the roman heavy soldiers and crushed everything).

these techniques get changed when you enter medieval era, how napoleon fought the wars have different troop formations with riding gunmen and musketeers. also, neither of these tactics are similar to japanese shogunate wars, where the landlords like nobunaga and hideyoshi fought with their limited manpower and resources.

each of the civilizations perform best with different military formations and experimenting with it gets very interesting.

yes, total war is different from aoe/ ron with are structure building rts, this is neither like zeus / poseidon / caesar which are city building/ planning rts. but its a different type of rts, thats all about military formations and tactics. ;)
very knowledgeable post:))

Top Bottom