Stranglehold Demo Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/932186_73921_front.jpg

Stranglehold (or John Woo Presents Stranglehold) is a third-person shooter developed by Midway Games (Chicago studio), for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. It is Midway's first game to use Unreal Engine 3, and is being developed in collaboration with John Woo.The game was developed at Midway Chicago since 2005 and was released for Xbox 360 on September 5th, 2007, with a PlayStation 3 version due for release later that month on September 25th.

Screenshots:

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/10_large.jpg
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/explosive.jpg
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/stranglehold_010.jpg

System Requirement(Rumored):

Minimum:
CPU: Dual Core Processor
RAM: 2 GB RAM
GPU: Nvidia 7800 or higher / ATI x1300 or higher
Disk space: 15 GB

Download

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
1.97 GB ...... no thanks i would go download some other things than this, also this game won't be a hit , it will be good but won't match max payne 2 or fear standards in my opinion;

Have a nice day.

Who

Guess Who's Back
i am not comparing but i think it won't a super hit game like MP 2 & fear;

Have a nice day.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
All the servers currently public servers are slow.

@third_eye did u download the demo too???
I was mad enough to download it.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Aw hell no.2 Gigs is way too much.Come to think of it,if each demo is going to be so huge then I wonder how much will the full game offer.I played the MOH:Airborne demo which came in at 1.36GB(I guess) & the darn thing was very short IMO.The best demo I felt was Lost Planet's DX9 demo which was a mere 364MB demo but had huge levels.Wonder what compression this game had.Anyways someone please comment on the gameplay & how are the physics?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Ok i played and completed this demo.

First things first-
1. This game does not support DirectX 10.
2. The PC version has inferior graphics compared to the Xbox 360 version.
3 .The PC demo does not allow u to tamper with graphics or control settings.
4 .I thought the demo would install Aegei Physx driver but it didn't instead it uses havok physics engine.

The aim of the game is only one thing..........kill,kill,kill,kill,kill,kill,kill,kill, with style.
I was a lot disappointed with graphics.Tried it both on XP and vista and it ran like knife through butter.

There are a number of ways u can kill and enemy sliding of the rails,jumpin with style,jumpin off the walls,there's a precision mode where u can kill and enemy with deep precision and there will be a scripted death of the enemy.

Here's a scripted death in precision mode.

*img514.imageshack.us/img514/4701/igottapee1ro0.jpg

Yes u can guess where i aimed.
:D

Add to this the Medal Of Honor Airborne Glitch
*img166.imageshack.us/img166/6651/ultapulta1wf0.jpg

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Third Eye said:
^What is the minimum requirement? Does this game really require minimum 2 gb of RAM?
U have given the wrong system requirements!!!

I have added a faster download link in the sticky thread.

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
the models of people are really bad, and the polygon number is very very less, look how horrible the hands look

bkpeerless

In the zone
Third Eye said:
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/932186_73921_front.jpg

System Requirement(Rumored):

Minimum:

Processor: Intel P4 1.5 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500 or greater
Memory: 256 MB RAM, 64MB VRAM
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB of free space required
DVD-ROM drive: 4X speed
Sound: DirectX 9.0b compliant sound card
Direct X: DirectX 9 will be supplied on the DVD
Video: Video Card DirectX 9.0b compatible, including the following: ATI 8500, All In Wonder 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X800, NVidia Quadro, Quadro 2, Quadro 4 series, GeForce 3, 3Ti, Geforce 4, 4Ti, GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950, 6800

Download

wwwwowwwwwwwww finaly a game with decent requirment
i hate games that requer super computer

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
Sorry to spoil your fun.Those requirements are wrong.Here's the minimum requirements.

Minimum System requirements

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Third Eye said:
Why everyone is looking graphics.How's the gameplay Harvik.
A maxpayne fan would definitely go for this.Also the environments are huge and expect good level of variety in different stages.Gameplay wise the game allows u to learn more skills as u play through the game.But the main point is that the Kill,Kill,Kill strategy becomes so very repetitive.Its a must buy for a fan of the maxpayne franchise,but is low level mediocre TPS for the pc.There is one single button for the tequila mode and a button for tequila time(slow-mo).Using these buttons together with the movement keys allows players to do different action moves like sliding on a trolley,or running on the rails,maxpanye style jump and u can even jump off the walls just like it was in prince of Persia WW.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Third Eye said:
Sorry to spoil your fun.Those requirements are wrong.Here's the minimum requirements.

Minimum System requirements
OMFG 2gb RAm and 15 GB disk space.Now I should really start thinking about purchasing a 500gb HDD.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
wow, i really doubt this is the MINIMUM requirements, no games has ever reched the 2gb minimum required ram, maybe this is the optimal performance requirements, and besides dude 15gig is outrageous, they will have a failure in sales of pc, mostly they wil get xbox360 and ps3 sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom