Strange! very strange..!! Where is the Problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys n gls (if ther r ne) !

Well uptilll now most of u must be knowing that I am using HUTCH EDGE for internet.
For those who don't know what is EDGE here :: it is Extended Data rates for GSM Evolution .. means .. just new faster way to transfer data over GSM network..
IN SIMPLE words.. some sort of faster GPRS..
Hutch site says that using EDGE phone you can go upto 384 kbps..
well I have gone upto 200 kbps uptill now..

In begining it was all cool.. whether day or night.. it gives flat avg speed of 150 kbps ..

but now it has started crawling.. (forget that)
Now come to the STRANGE THING

At the moment (it is 10:30 pm here) I am not even able to open digit forum :( .. the connection is damn slow. But when I start download it goes straight high to 100 kbps :?
And surfing is like hell.. I stop the download.. close the download manager hoping to see performance incrase but no. it is still same !

What I want to say is.. I am gettin gownloads at 100+ kbps but surfing is like hell.. so much hell that sometimes I think that if somehw I can blow up HUTCH tower.. or kill their network adminstrator..

But in the morning browsing speed is cool.. (something similar what u get at sify cyber cafe) download are then at 150 kbps !

!!
So guys.. any idea where is problem !
PS: I have try to explain every thing.. if still doubt ask ! :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
are all the sites workin slow or just the digit site?, if only this site opens slow then it may be the fault of the server.

iinfi

mekalodu
call up hutch and have a go at them ...... if the person answering ur call cant answer it ....

jus shout at him/her and ask them to transfer the call to someone senior to them ....
then to the second person say the same thing if they cant answer ur query

go higher and higher up the hierarchy and u will get a good reason/response ....
this is what follow usually with any call center and the manager or senior call center executive usually gives a good answer ....

hope this helps

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
They are simply saying that contact local office.. actually at my place they are having zonal office.. I went there but even they have no Idea..

man I hate this..
they have people appointed and don't even know abc of their job !

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
drvarunmehta said:
totally off topic.
how much does a hutch EDGE connection cost?
is there any download limit?

Shankar Mahadevan !
I have question and wants its answer .. then hw is this offtopic..

Btw EDGE connection atm cost Rs.. 500 pm / unlimited usage..

But actual cost goes around 1000 pm as you also have to maintain a regular pospaid moble connection !

and EDGE mobile sets are also costly .. i spend 5 figures to get one!

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hello guys..

Tell me wht type of network congestion it is ?
When downloads. it reached 200kbps. . av. 150kbps.. but even after stoping download.. normal surfing is like hell !

ishaan

Padawan
Ricky said:
drvarunmehta said:
totally off topic.
how much does a hutch EDGE connection cost?
is there any download limit?

Shankar Mahadevan !
I have question and wants its answer .. then hw is this offtopic..

Btw EDGE connection atm cost Rs.. 500 pm / unlimited usage..

But actual cost goes around 1000 pm as you also have to maintain a regular pospaid moble connection !

and EDGE mobile sets are also costly .. i spend 5 figures to get one!

GPRS for using with the pc costs rs499/month and you can upgrade it to EDGE for free....so EDGE is actually no cost.

The actual cost means the phone connection....you can get monthly plans for as low as 150 per month and if u dont use the fone for nething else at all, no calls,no sms, no caller id,etc den it will stay at 150....so it all depends on your usage

EDGE mobile phones are not that costly....nowdays you can get the nokia 3220 for around rs.9000..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom