strange problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i m delhi. i hv a zenith celeron pc with 2.4GHz pro. 256mb ram and 80gb hdd.
my pc goes hang between any process and smtimesit hangs on startup too and smtimes when only playing sm music.

to solve this problem hv tried lot of thing like....
1. i hv tried to put a hard paper on the bottom of motherboard.
2. I opened my case and then put on the pc but it doesnt work.
3. I hv also tried to run my pc without any case. in this condition the problem get reduced but not fully solved, but i cant leave my pc in this condition bcoz other family member also uses that pc.

plz guys help me out i need very urgent solution bcoz i hv leave my home in september for my job.

moshel

Padawan
check ur PSU. also check if the processor fan is working properly or not. take out the ram and clean it and put it in again. these are the basic tests/checks.

and dont post such query in the QnA section, post it in hardware troubleshooting. u will get more answers there.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I didint get the point in 1.) ??
----------------------------

a.) Hv u tried defragmenting ur drives??
b.) Is the CPU heating alot?? (try removing the side covers and letting in sum fresh air..
---------

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I didint get the point in 1.) ??
He probably heard that problems can be caused when some part of the motherboard underside touches the cabinet (true) and inserted a sheet of cardboard for insulation. Not likely to be the cause in this case.

b.) Is the CPU heating alot?? (try removing the side covers and letting in sum fresh air..
He already described doing that in points 2 and 3.

@sushantsaurabh: Your problem could be caused by -
1. Faulty RAM - test with memtest86, or substitute with a known good one.
2. Bad sector in HDD - do a surface scan.
3. Corrupted OS/driver/software - do a complete reinstallation.

Less likely, but possible -
1. Faulty PSU (SMPS) - substitute with a known good one.
2. Overheating - check temperatures, from BIOS or with third-party software. Check if the CPU fan is spinning properly (as already suggested by others). Also clean and blow out dust, especially from the heatsink fins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom