STRANGE PROBLEM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have a strange problem with my cd-writer.
=> It can read and write the normal cds but it cannot read or write the smaller cds(185mb)? :roll:
I cant figure out this problem????
Can anyone help :?:

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
That cant be the problem as previously i have used those cds in my cd-writer.....this problem has begun recently.......i guess after i have upgraded.....but how will it affect my cd-witer?

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
My upgrade means whole new comp parts except the cd writer.....its AMD 64 bit based PC.....so i guess its nothing to do with my upgrade......so now can u help me out

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
COMEON help me out now.......my cd writer imation......
Also tried cleaning the cd rom with cd rom cleaner but no use..... :(

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To wizrulz:
Try a firmware update from your CD-writer's vendor's site. If possible,try reinstalling your drive. Check it in any other system if you can. I'll check on for more info and tell you. Till that time you try the above and inform on the forum of the outcome.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
kaustav_geek said:
To wizrulz:
Try a firmware update from your CD-writer's vendor's site. If possible,try reinstalling your drive. Check it in any other system if you can. I'll check on for more info and tell you. Till that time you try the above and inform on the forum of the outcome.

Atlast some1 is helping....thanks buddy....
tried updating firmware, but no help.......also reinstalled the drive.......actually no drivers seen while again installing the drive...... :roll:
Win xp uses its drivers i guess........please do post in if u find the solution,,,,,,,,

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Same problem here. Used nero to write the mini cd of 200mb, but after all the burning process was done, strangely the cd was still blank.
But when I used WMP10 to copy(burn) mp3 to the same CD, it worked fine. Mine is SAMSUNG cd writer.
More importantly nero detected the capacity of mini cd as 700mb even EXPLORER showed 700mb for the blank mini CD.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
john_the_ultimate said:
Same problem here. Used nero to write the mini cd of 200mb, but after all the burning process was done, strangely the cd was still blank.
But when I used WMP10 to copy(burn) mp3 to the same CD, it worked fine. Mine is SAMSUNG cd writer.
More importantly nero detected the capacity of mini cd as 700mb even EXPLORER showed 700mb for the blank mini CD.

Mine problem is different i guess.... in my writer it doesnt detects the smaller cds......which i burnt at my friends place........but gets detected in other cd roms :cry: ......so using nero or other s/w untill it gets detected is beyond question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom